homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hey there, Guess I'm new in town and sould say "Hi!" (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hey there, Guess I'm new in town and sould say "Hi!"
rivenGlitch
Geek Larva
Member # 3751

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 23, 2005 11:07      Profile for rivenGlitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there everyone,

I just thought that I should pop in and say “Hi”. I stumbled over this little jewel of a site totally by accident, and love it. A geek can surely hang a hat here.

Just a quick blurb about me; I live in Canada, I am a Computer Tech student at a technological collage. Mostly I study the wonderful world of Java (http://java.sun.com). Though we do a great deal of work with Networks and those other fun computer related things.

I also love to Mountain Bike, I live very close to the Canadian Rockies so I have the privilege of going all the time.

Well guess that’s about it for now, hope you are not too bored…

Say Hi and have a good day!

RivenGlitch.

--------------------
Programmer (def): An organism that converts caffeine into software.

Posts: 27 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
rivenGlitch
Geek Larva
Member # 3751

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 11:09      Profile for rivenGlitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol... *Should say Hi...* Doh!!!!

--------------------

n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 12:13      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
code:

public class welcomeNoob
{
public static void main (String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello, and welcome to the forums!");
}
}

[Razz]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted March 23, 2005 16:35      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 18:19      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy and welcome to the GC Forums.

Nice introduction. [thumbsup] Stick around and enjoy yourself.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 19:41      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you a lefty?

Hi

Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 23, 2005 21:08      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So other than mountain biking, one of the greatest outdoor activities ever (right behind backpacking), what geeky activities do you partake in?
Oh, and hi.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
rivenGlitch
Geek Larva
Member # 3751

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 11:26      Profile for rivenGlitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by n4dmx:
code:

public class welcomeNoob
{
public static void main (String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello, and welcome to the forums!");
}
}

[Razz]
----------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the Java!

--------------------

rivenGlitch
Geek Larva
Member # 3751

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 11:29      Profile for rivenGlitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW, thanks for making me feel welcome everyone.

So what are the more fun and interesting forums in this site?
And to answer the question “What other geeky activities do you partake in?”

Well I love CP games, programming, playing with *nix networks, and just hanging out I guess.

--------------------

moped-rider
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3532

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 11:42      Profile for moped-rider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello RivenGlitch welcome to this small corner of Geek paradise [Big Grin]

--------------------
I wouldnt give him the cheese of me qu** two stroke Eddie. http://www.macclads.co.uk/index.html

Posts: 45 | From: warwickshire england | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 12:59      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rivenGlitch:
I am a Computer Tech student at a technological collage...

Is that when you type the word technological into the field on this site?

Welcome rivergultch! [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink] (I have the DNM disease now!)

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 16:16      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, BW. That link is so cool!! I used the words "purple" and "puppy" and got a really pretty result. Wherever did you find it?

And to RivenGlitch, I go here to find the cool threads (active threads) in the GC forum. It also helps to be a SuperFan 'cause then you can read ALL of the threads instead of just some of them. [Smile]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 10 posted March 24, 2005 19:45      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Java? Great! I'm rather fond of coffee myself.

Oh and hi and welcome...

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
rivenGlitch
Geek Larva
Member # 3751

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 20:38      Profile for rivenGlitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Wow, BW. That link is so cool!! I used the words "purple" and "puppy" and got a really pretty result. Wherever did you find it?

And to RivenGlitch, I go here to find the cool threads (active threads) in the GC forum. It also helps to be a SuperFan 'cause then you can read ALL of the threads instead of just some of them. [Smile]

I must agree that is a great site...

And thanks Rhonwyyn for the link to the threads!!

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2005 21:34      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riven... IIRC ('cause I have the link bookmarked), you can find three different options to access posts on the right-hand side of the homepage. Top 15 Freshest Topics, Top 15 Freshest Posts, and a third option are there (maybe about active threads?).... at least, that's where they were last time I looked. Snaggy's been redesigning the homepage.

Someone want to jump in here? Maybe screen shots with directional arrows like on the weather and figure skating replays? [Wink]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 8 posted March 25, 2005 04:45      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
****THIS POST TO COVER UP BLATANT RUDENESS ON THE MAIN PAGE****
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 25, 2005 07:40      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Widow... and for those that missed it, it seems the little filter in orion's brain blew a fuse. [ohwell]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2005 07:51      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Snaggy, that was a mess. But GCers tried to help him belong. Maybe someday the behavior lessons will land.

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2005 09:15      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did I miss?

It looks like he was post junk in a bunch of threads.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2005 09:19      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I guess I'm glad I missed that. [Confused]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2005 09:28      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
What did I miss?

Well, in addition to a bunch of quite immature foul language on 5 or 6 threads, orion personally invited you, Cap'n, to fight on a least two of them.
BW jumped in with her covering posts so that the X-rated stuff wouldn't show on the referral pages.

--------------------

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2005 11:12      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Thanks Widow... and for those that missed it, it seems the little filter in orion's brain blew a fuse. [ohwell]

I don't think he ever had one. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2005 15:35      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like I missed something so awful that Snaggy had to use his mod powers. Guess I should be happy about that. :/

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2005 15:55      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:
What did I miss?

Well, in addition to a bunch of quite immature foul language on 5 or 6 threads, orion personally invited you, Cap'n, to fight on a least two of them.

Was he willing to pick up the airfare to have me come visit him?

So what set him off this time? I wasn't even around to bug him.

BTW orion, feel free to email me at [email protected] seeing how you don't have an account here anymore.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 25, 2005 20:29      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So what set him off this time?

I doubt if anyone here knows the answer to that; I certainly don't. He just waded in, keyboard blazing away at everything. Snaggy said it best, "He seems to have blown a fuse in his little brain."

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture