homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » I realized I haven't even said hello yet...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I realized I haven't even said hello yet...
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2005 02:01      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So hello [Razz]

More about me:
I am 17 years old, Chinese and live in Hong Kong. I live with my dad, my younger sister, my stepmother and her little 2.5 year old son. I am currently on my last year of highschool, and I hope to study in the UK.. prefferably at Cambridge or Warwick to study Biochemistry and to take a PCGE to study primary or secondary school kids.

I'm not a fully fledged geek, unfortunately. I consider myself a geek though because I have a lot of interest in computers, and I am more knowledgeble about it than most people I know! ...plus I am quite pedantic, politically correct, like to use grammar and punctuation when using MSN (*gasp*) and I get really annoyed with giggly girls and posuers. I have a lot of interest in the arts, and I like to work on website layout and design, as I am doing with my own personal website right now (I am still working on it!) I enjoy photography, computer graphics, and I am also a writer.

Oh, and I am left handed. W00t! Go left-handers! [crazy]

So... this is me. Hi!

--------------------
http://www.silver-blade.net

Posts: 303 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2005 05:07      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome then Silver Blade

Nice intro BTW

Enjoy your stay

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2005 05:56      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, silver bells. [Smile]

However, there's one thing you mentioned about you that I think is quite the opposite of geeky: politically correct.

I think most geeks are more liberal about political correctness, and don't like censorship and what political correctness means.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 11, 2005 07:34      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a nice introduction!!
Welcome to the forums!
So have you been to England before?

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2005 09:14      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Velcommmen!

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2005 09:57      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello. So, you wanna do a PGCE, huh? You are very brave indeed.

Oh - and welcome, by the way. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2005 10:11      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me waves.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2005 10:30      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Left-handers UNITE!!!!!!!!!!
[Big Grin]

Welcome!

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2005 11:54      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ewomack:
Left-handers UNITE!!!!!!!!!!
[Big Grin]

Welcome!

And try not to smudge the ink on our notebooks whilst writing our invitiations to our unity ceremony!
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2005 14:12      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi [Big Grin]

Welcome to the forums...

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2005 06:45      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:

So have you been to England before?

Yep. I was born there. [Razz] I came to Hong Kong when I was around 2 though. I also visited Ingurland once in a while during my short lifetime [Razz] Funny thing is that I think I will see Cambridge as too boring and too empty compared to the busy streets of Hong Kong.

If any of you guys are planning on coming here for a holiday, message me and I will take you around the best places!

quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
I think most geeks are more liberal about political correctness, and don't like censorship and what political correctness means.

Yes, I re-read wthat bit and I decided that was completely rubbish [Razz] What I meant to say was like hrm... proper. Like instead of writing "etc", I would write "ecetera". And I would NEVER write "lol" *shudders* You know, like that.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2005 07:05      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Howdy again, SilverBlade. 'Tis a genuine delight to read your polite and thoughtful posts. And your artwork is equally appreciated here.

quote:
Originally posted by SilverBlade:
Like instead of writing "etc", I would write "ecetera". And I would NEVER write "lol" *shudders*

What, and not *ever* let loose with a freeing moment of a little AOLspeak? ROTFLMAO...OMG [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2005 08:27      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Funny thing is that I think I will see Cambridge as too boring and too empty compared to the busy streets of Hong Kong

[Big Grin]

Not a chance, believe me...

Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
moped-rider
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3532

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2005 13:41      Profile for moped-rider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hiya silver blade wellcome. warwick is a good university. just down the road from me as well join the superfan forum and have fun

--------------------
I wouldnt give him the cheese of me qu** two stroke Eddie. http://www.macclads.co.uk/index.html

Posts: 45 | From: warwickshire england | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Titanium Warrior
Alpha Geek
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2005 21:47      Profile for Titanium Warrior   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the gang SilverBlade. My mother is currently living in HK as well. I miss her lots, but she'll be back here soon enough. I'll have to visit your fair city one day.

Cheers
-TiW

--------------------
I used to have super powers until my therapist took them away.

Posts: 333 | From: Victoria, BC Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2005 06:09      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

Yes, I re-read wthat bit and I decided that was completely rubbish [Razz] What I meant to say was like hrm... proper. Like instead of writing "etc", I would write "ecetera". And I would NEVER write "lol" *shudders* You know, like that.
I too, hate 'lol' and never use it. May I, however, suggest if you insist on not writing 'etc', that you spell 'etcetera' right? [Wink]
Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2005 21:46      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I've been longing to go to Hong Kong for ages, don't even tempt me. It's nice to see another 17 year old on the boards too. Welcome.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 19, 2005 14:24      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! [Smile]

<insert other useful welcome info here> [Wink]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
SilverBlade
Alpha Geek
Member # 3541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2005 17:29      Profile for SilverBlade   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Spideman! Can you REALLY swing around tall buildings?

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 19, 2005 17:39      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another biochemist! w00t!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2005 19:23      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! [Smile]

Sorry, that's the most creative greeting I have to offer you now. [Razz] /me wishes this day would have gone a litte better...my brain is still fried.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 21, 2005 08:55      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hello Spideman! Can you REALLY swing around tall buildings?

Of course [Wink]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture