homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Newbie...be nice or I'll tackle ya! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Newbie...be nice or I'll tackle ya!
Luxxie
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3549

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted March 05, 2005 13:56      Profile for Luxxie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've posted around a bit, and I really like the place. Thought I might as well take a moment to introduce myself, as I plan to stick around.

My name is Andrea, I'm 22 years old, and I work for eBay in their listing software department. I got beat up in high school constantly. I like to play with Legos. I can do a Rubiks Cube in under 2 minutes. I love Star Wars, video games (especially Final Fantasy), comic books (especially Bat Man), Magic: The Gathering, VS (another card game...newish), and my computer. My computer gives me a total boner. Except it needs a bigger hard drive.

I'm odd...don't have many friends, have no tolerance for stupidity, all that good stuff.

Is it just me, or does this emoticon look like he has a light saber? New spawn of the dark side? [devil wand]

--------------------
I beat the internet;
the end guy was hard!

Posts: 10 | From: Neverland | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2005 14:10      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Velcommen [thumbsup]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
i_need_a_pillow
Geek
Member # 2765

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2005 14:22      Profile for i_need_a_pillow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to GC! Enjoy your stay (it's not hard to do, trust me).

--------------------
The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

Posts: 104 | From: I'm here. Where else? | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2005 15:10      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 05, 2005 16:11      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Luxxie!

Welcome and thanks for being here. [Smile]

Have fun!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2005 16:27      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Luxxie,

what's it like living with Michael Jackson?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2005 18:00      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Luxxie, and welcome to this little corner of the web. Make yourself comfortable and have some fun. We hope you'll stay a while, too. [Smile]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 14 posted March 05, 2005 18:39      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Luxie, welcome to the forums. No bidding required to participate! Remember, it's not the size of the drive, it's how you partition it. [Razz]

PS can we still get tackled even if we're nice? [crazy]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 05, 2005 19:08      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! [Big Grin]

Hope you enjoy your stay. [Wink]

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragon34
Geek
Member # 997

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted March 05, 2005 19:39      Profile for dragon34     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums. [Smile]
Posts: 146 | From: Central PA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
lewell
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 3552

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted March 05, 2005 20:33      Profile for lewell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first post [Cool]
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2005 20:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Luxxie!

I was going to say that it seems cool who your employer is, and then I remembered that I'm still waiting for them go follow up on a claim for me on half.com... *whistles*

Nah, seriously - welcome indeed - always good to get more geeks in here...especially the kind that make their way into the fold without agressively stomping in and yelling at everyone. [Razz]

Gah! I'm not doing a very good job with words right now...I think my mind hasn't quite gotten back in gear after a kind of nice evening...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2005 20:58      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, welcome.

I'll let others inform you on the where abouts of our food stuffs. It's been a while since I've looked for them.

I do know there's a cookie under the couch though.

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 04:52      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Luxxie!

/me passes the Cosmic Bong [Razz]

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 05:08      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxxie:
I like to play with Legos.

[Big Grin]

Welcome

Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Luxxie
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 09:54      Profile for Luxxie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, thanks to Cap'n Vic, i_need_a_pillow, Mac D, Snaggy, garlicguy, n4dmx, dragon34, and my fellow Lego-lover jordanv for the welcomes! I can't believe that so many people replied!

The Famous Druid: haha! You're so original! I've never heard that joke before when listing my location as "Neverland" on a forum. That's a joke I never tire of! </cruel sarcastic rant> It's meant to be a reference to Peter Pan...but I guess Peter Pan is not widely condoned in these parts...so perhaps, I will need to relocate. [Big Grin]

HalfVast: Oh believe me, it's all sorts of partitioned...just enough to run Windows when I want, and then Linux taking over the rest of my machine. Not sure if that was quite the correct decision, may be F-disking at some future point in time. [ohwell] *tackles you upon your request*

dragonman97: Sorry to hear about your run-ins with Half.com. While eBay owns the company, I actually have next to nothing to do with their internal workings, so cannot check on the status of that for you. If it was a claim on the eBay site, I would be able to check for you, though! Sorry 'bout that. And thanks for the welcome!

Ivan: *changes settings to enable cookies from "Under the couch"* Yum yum! [Wink]

Black Widow: *takes a hit and passes it on* Thanks for the welcome! I've noticed your posts, and I think you rule. Geek girls unite!

lewell: Maybe it's just me, but perhaps your first post would have been more interesting if it consisted of more than the words "first" and "post". Um...thanks though...for spamming my intro thread.

You guys are ALL Jedi Knights in my little world now. [crazy]

ETA: I LOVE that (most of) you guys know how to spell, capitalize, and punctuate properly. It is such an amazing breath of fresh air. I love this place already. </grammar-related sappiness>

--------------------
I beat the internet;
the end guy was hard!

ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 19:02      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A belated hello!

I've made lots of $$$ on e-bay. So I proudly support the right to sell my junk to others.

And where else can you get original Dukes of Hazzard merchandise?

Welcome! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Luxxie
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3549

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2005 21:43      Profile for Luxxie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ewomack: That's awesome that you've sold a lot of things on eBay! I always like to hear from people who love the site. I love it too, and use it on my personal time. I just hear about so many people every day who hate us and we're ruining their lives, and "it can't possibly be (their) computer". No, of course not. It's definitely not your firewall that is stopping our software from uploading information. </sarcastic rant>

Sorry 'bout that. I get a little heated. *sweet smile* Thanks for the belated welcome, it's nice to meet you!

skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 02:32      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi [Smile] ... you should stay. There can never be too many people who know how to spell and have a good sense of humour. Oddness is a cool bonus.

*nods sagely*

(I, er, just did nod sagely at my computer screen, and got a really weird look from the girl on the terminal next to me. Bugger.)

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 03:26      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, oddness is a bonus I guess that explains Spungo (and me to an extent)

Edit: and welcome to the forums luxxie (I am still not awake and it is 11:30AM here)

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 05:43      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Welcome Luxxie! I too have made vast amounts of moulah from ebay - who'da thunk there was a market for kittens' brains !? [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 05:54      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Luxxie. Hang out and have fun.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2005 06:16      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

ETA: I LOVE that (most of) you guys know how to spell, capitalize, and punctuate properly. It is such an amazing breath of fresh air. I love this place already. </grammar-related sappiness>

IT'S CAPITALISE! CAPITALISE!

Damn Americans beat up our language. [Frown]

ha.

Oh, and welcome.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 07, 2005 07:17      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bonjour and welcome!!

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 07, 2005 09:59      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:

IT'S CAPITALISE! CAPITALISE!

Damn Americans beat up our language. [Frown]

ha.

Oh, and welcome.

yours? YOURS? I do not notice it being called the Canadian language [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture