homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Why is this board so cool? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Why is this board so cool?
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2005 10:05      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Ahhhh geocities. The trailer park of the internet. [shake head]

lol [crazy]

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
orion
Geek
Member # 3439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 04:30      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I hope its intended in irony"

of course it bloody is. honestly, its written on the front page that im taking the p**s, you dont have to like it, its just that give it a chance!

Posts: 123 | From: cambridge, england | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 04:37      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

That was a Jessycat gem, IIRC. (Anyone remember?)
Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
orion
Geek
Member # 3439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 04:41      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
look, I understand my site probably isnt to everyones tastes, and thats fine, but its not trailer trash. in fact, its the complete opersite. do you really think ANYBODY holds the views I pretend to have? its just to make people laugh. im not making some big, pretentious page, commenting on socity, its just to make me, and hopefully other people laugh.
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 06:15      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by orion:
look, I understand my site probably isnt to everyones tastes, and thats fine, but its not trailer trash. in fact, its the complete opersite. do you really think ANYBODY holds the views I pretend to have? its just to make people laugh. im not making some big, pretentious page, commenting on socity, its just to make me, and hopefully other people laugh.

Thats what I hoped, and if so, its a good critique on the type of people we assumed you were one of. But please, spell check your posts to make it obvious that the site is meant in irony? [Wink]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
orion
Geek
Member # 3439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 09:39      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so you like my site then?
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 09:49      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

edit: Delia Smith has a special claw? I always suspected. [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 09:55      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:

That was a Jessycat gem, IIRC. (Anyone remember?)
I don't recall. But the first time I heard that I took down my geocities site, shaved off my mullet, sold all my 'wife beaters' and finally got my Trans Am off blocks.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 10:08      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

orion: the scary part is that there, indeed, ARE people out there that have the views that you pretend to have. I suppose that is exactly why I don't find that kind of humor funny. Trash talk, even if it's pretend or "for entertainment only" (think Rush Limbough), is still trash talk, and still offends me.

Sorry I don't have anything good to say about your site, but at least I respect you enough to give you my honest opinion.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
orion
Geek
Member # 3439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 10:14      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so, let me get this straight.
you find it offensive that im making fun of people with stupid views? do you know the meaning of the word irony?
good god. you really ARE stupid.

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 10:36      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
so, let me get this straight.
you find it offensive that im making fun of people with stupid views? do you know the meaning of the word irony?
good god. you really ARE stupid.

Badmouthing regulars and our friends won't win the rest of us over.

Food for thought.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
orion
Geek
Member # 3439

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 10:45      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nah, im not.
im simply making a point. the idiot was simply a comment. come on, I get its offensive. its just about having a laugh!

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted February 14, 2005 14:12      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
you find it offensive that im making fun of people with stupid views?

No, I find it offensive that you're making fun of people.

It's like this: there's plenty of garbage out there already in the world. Trash talk (and there's a reason it's called trash talk, because it's garbage!) is quite prevalent in today's society, especially on the Internet. Rap lyrics (and other lyrics too, actually) talk about killing and hate. There's too much hate, too much negativity already out there polluting our minds, our emotions, our spirits, and our world.

Your site just adds fuel to the roaring fire of negativity that is already burning. Moreover, your manorisms and actions here (i.e. calling people names, swearing profusely, and being generally rude) continue to add to the flame.

That is why I don't like your site, and that is why I don't like your behavior. I am certain, however, that under your pushy attitude and rude facade, there is a thoughtful, smart, and thought-provoking person. I would like to welcome that person to be a part of our community here at GeekCulture.

The rude facade that you are displaying now, however, is quite obviously not welcome here.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 14:16      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
nah, im not.
im simply making a point. the idiot was simply a comment. come on, I get its offensive. its just about having a laugh!

Dear lord, but you are a bloody moron...

Damned, man, shape up or ship out [Razz]

The man gave you an honest critique, stating his opinion, which was perfectly reasonable. It's not in any way funny to anyone but you to insult him for it.

We don't take to trolls too well here. You might want to start taking some of the advice you've been given so far.

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 20:55      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hey, what's wrong with trailer parks?

/Currently spending a couple of weeks in one, or what we'd call a "caravan park"

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 21:03      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:

Oh, nothing. This is like, the third hit off google image search for 'trailer trash'. 90% of the rest of the images (with safe search off) are pr0n for some reason [ohwell]

BTW we missed ya csk.

-

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2005 21:43      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
quote:

Oh, nothing. This is like, the third hit off google image search for 'trailer trash'. 90% of the rest of the images (with safe search off) are pr0n for some reason [ohwell]

BTW we missed ya csk.

-

I think Imma have nightmares tonight. :S
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 20:23      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a sorry end for my thread. [cry baby]

Sometimes the butt of life empties out onto us.

[Frown]

Weep.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 24, 2005 20:33      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ewomack:

[Frown]

Weep.

Now, doncha be talking about my Momma that way [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 04:58      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ewomack:

[Frown]

Weep.

When I said the reason the board is so cool is because I'm here, it should have been left at that, and never spoken of again.. [Big Grin]
nit
Geek-in-Training
Member # 2690

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 08:31      Profile for nit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lurking necroposters make this place cool
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted February 25, 2005 23:14      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of trailer trash: MiLi and TiLdUh give a y'aller!
Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 23:19      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
Speaking of trailer trash: MiLi and TiLdUh give a y'aller!

I could feel my IQ dropping as I read that page. I truly hope that's a parody.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2005 23:26      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That would be really hard to create. My eyes went bonkers just trying to read it!

Where do y'all find websites like this? Do they just appear or do your friends send you to them?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted February 26, 2005 01:54      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, I end up doing serious research, usually for college stuff... and I end up on sites like that. Simply put, I get really distracted really easily. No one forwards anything to me, I just go off on tangents.

I've got stuff bookmarked like "Homemade Hamster Toys," "Kibology," and "Dirk Gently's Holistic I-Ching Calculator." Why? Don't ask me [Razz] .

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture