homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hi (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hi
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 16:18      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im new here. A friend dragged me in here. So I joined. And now Im here.

Does anyone steal shoes here? As the other forum I belong to has someone that steals new people's shoes.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 16:32      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luke Skywalker:

Does anyone steal shoes here? As the other forum I belong to has someone that steals new people's shoes.

Stealing peoples shoes?

What a heel !

My his sole burn in hell.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted November 24, 2004 17:34      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums

--------------------
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.~~Winston Smith

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2004 17:35      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:

Stealing peoples shoes?

What a heel !

My his sole burn in hell.

They should boot him for that.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2004 05:51      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all.

No, this guy, at this other forum, as a joke, "steals" the newbs shoes as kinda an induction, and then he makes posts all over the forum, and you have to track him down to "get them back"

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2004 06:09      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Luke.

No shoe thefts that I know of. Sheep jokes, bad puns and train of conciousness threads. And there is the collective, assorted stalkers, grammer and comma nazis. I think that covers the more major quirks.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2004 07:36      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
Welcome, Luke.

No shoe thefts that I know of. Sheep jokes, bad puns and train of conciousness threads. And there is the collective, assorted stalkers, grammer and comma nazis. I think that covers the more major quirks.

And spelling nazis who need to point out that grammar is spelled with two As and no Es. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2004 07:39      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spelling? Spelling?!

What doo my sppelingg sk1lz annoi yoo??

I kan spell jes fin tank yoo. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2004 07:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm one of the aforementioned grammar pedants. As a friend of mine pointed out the other day:
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "i had to help my uncle jack off a horse"

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
klynn
Mini Geek
Member # 3019

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 25, 2004 08:30      Profile for klynn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! Welcome and watch out for flying objects!

--------------------
Caution: Comments may or may not reflect the actual opinions of the author.

Posts: 62 | From: USA - Saint Albans | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2004 07:29      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by klynn:
Hello! Welcome and watch out for flying objects!

If only it was just flying objects, but with some of the members here it goes a lot further than that. [Eek!]

Oh yes, and hello to you too [Wink]

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted November 26, 2004 10:42      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! And don't be disturbed by anyone's sheep fetishes. *Looks suspiciously about for Spungo*

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 26, 2004 17:07      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speling and gramer...

Lisen to me as I am Molesworth, gorilla ov 3b and lord and master of the english languidge...

Wot a chiz is it all? The masters do complane that speling sox is rong and that i cannot spel sosages like that...

The skool do not rekognize my tru ability... But you shuld all feer me. Coz when I defeat the chizzers and becom a tru Whiz 4 Atoms my atomic powers will defeet all ov you...

"Down with Skool" and I will see you all "Back in the Jug Agane"

PS: If Fotherington Thomas pla "fairy bells" agane in Assembly I will have to get peason to kill him in sum horifick way...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 27, 2004 18:58      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, As I just noticed that we are also suppost to tell about our selves, ill do that real quick.

As the name says, im a Star Wars freak. thankyou *does a bow*
I also play Magic TC.
Im also a Final Fantasy freak, where if im not infront of my computer, im infront of a tv with one of them on it. Im 17, a senior in HS. I live at the beach, but hate the beach. and thats about it.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2004 16:01      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you in IRC, Luke Skywalker==Zapman987. And yes, I'm the person who dragged him here. Well, I didn't do any physical dragging... I just showed him the site and he signed up.

Meh, English. The only grammar I correct is Spanish grammar [Wink]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2004 17:19      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if this person turns out to be a toad, we're gonna burn your ass at the stake. [Wink]

Just playin'.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2004 17:43      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luke Skywalker_________Is it? I seem to remember a movie with some caracter named that but that was two life times ago. Do not be afraid we sense fear, and will start circling you. I'm not too sure but I may be the oldest poster here or C Panic you may run across him soon enough we don't post often just enough to say our two cents.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2004 08:25      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A toad? What's that, a poster who posts to say hi, then leaves forever?

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2004 17:50      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergoo:
For those of you in IRC, Luke Skywalker==Zapman987. And yes, I'm the person who dragged him here. Well, I didn't do any physical dragging... I just showed him the site and he signed up.

Meh, English. The only grammar I correct is Spanish grammar [Wink]

Im also, on occasion, Luke Skywalker in there as well. and some other Star Wars names.

and yes goo, you are very certified to do spanish grammer [Smile]

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 08:58      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Im also, on occasion, Luke Skywalker in there as well. and some other Star Wars names.

Like Millenium Falcon, for one. [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted November 30, 2004 14:13      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, laugh it up fuzzball [Smile] [Razz]

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 14:17      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's scruffy looking?

This is fun [Big Grin]

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 15:35      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, again [Smile]
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 30, 2004 16:10      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Who's scruffy looking?

Laugh it up fuzzball, you didnt see us in the south passage.
She expressed her true feelings for me.

YOU SCRUFFY LOOKING .. NERF HERDER!!!

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

angryjungman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 01, 2004 05:36      Profile for angryjungman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

YOU SCRUFFY LOOKING .. NERF HERDER!!!

You forgot "half-witted". [Razz] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
Meh.

Posts: 633 | From: princeton, nj | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture