homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » new....and saying howdy (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: new....and saying howdy
seekingsethcohen
Newbie Larva
Member # 3059

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 03, 2004 17:27      Profile for seekingsethcohen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so yup, come say hi if you can spare the cyber time

--------------------
"Do you work out? No? Me either"

Seth Cohen

Posts: 5 | From: england | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ivan
Alpha Geek
Member # 2622

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 18:11      Profile for Ivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G'day

Hello and welco....whoops, back to work. I'm out of cybertime

Posts: 269 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
seekingsethcohen
Newbie Larva
Member # 3059

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 18:33      Profile for seekingsethcohen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, i knew that was going to happen.....

well, im just settling in, having a look around the place.

--------------------

Seth Cohen

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 19:04      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if a septic can say G'day, I s'pose I'll just have to say 'Howdy'. [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
chick2geek
Geek Larva
Member # 3052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 22:20      Profile for chick2geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in NY... I would have said. "S'up foo?"
But, since I am in Idaho now... I have to use their lingo... I think they say hi like this.
"This Spud's for you!"
or
"Ya-yuk, welcim to the forim. It is more funner here, than it used to could be."

(*I think there is some heavy inbreeding going on here)

--------------------
“The battle of the sexes will NEVER be won… there is too much fraternizing with the enemy”

Posts: 28 | From: ID | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 03, 2004 22:38      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I presume the inbreeding you were referring to is in Idaho, not on this fine forum [Wink]

Hi, seekingsethcohen, by the way. I'm csk, my alternate personalities should be here to greet you shortly. In the meantime, please enjoy your stay.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 04, 2004 00:36      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey seekingsethcohen! Good to see some more Englanders here [thumbsup]
Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
seekingsethcohen
Newbie Larva
Member # 3059

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 02:52      Profile for seekingsethcohen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow inbreeding? what have I signed up for here????! [Wink]

So, apart from revel in geekdom, whats fun to do around here?

--------------------

Seth Cohen

Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 05:25      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

And welcome.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 05:48      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekingsethcohen:

Verbally abusing newbies. [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
fanboy_uk

Member # 2132

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 06:09      Profile for fanboy_uk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

quote:
Verbally abusing newbies.

Especially when there are typographical, grammar and speeling mustakes in a newbie's first post.

Take a look around. There are various people to be aware (or beware of here). They may already have introduced themselves [Wink]
Someone had the cosmic bong earlier but I don't know what happened to it, but if you find it please feel free to partake.

See you in a discussion some time.

--------------------
A woman walked into a cocktail bar, took one look at the drinks menu and asked the barman for a Double Entendré.
So he gave her one

Posts: 161 | From: Brighton, UK (50.8389, -00.1876) | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 06:13      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fanboy_uk:
Someone had the cosmic bong earlier but I don't know what happened to it

Ain't *gurlgle* seen it *gurgle*, man.

Hey - anyone here got a spare snickers? [Cool]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alephcat
Alpha Geek
Member # 2617

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2004 06:22      Profile for Alephcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:

Verbally abusing newbies. [Wink]
only verbally? you disapoint me spungo

--------------------
"You have the right to search in silence. If you give up the right to search in silence, anything you say can and will be modded down in a court of public opinion."

Posts: 300 | From: Chester | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted November 04, 2004 16:25      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 12, 2004 18:13      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe hehe

Well thar boh,

herbal boozin' noowbs is one thin' - but right here in Suffuk (UK) we'd rather be goin' dowan the rowid tu buy sum shewis...

Cos, thas jus' the beer talkun. We jus like to get on wih drivin are tractoors....

/end dialect/

[Big Grin] [Confused] [Smile]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 12, 2004 19:01      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!

Welcome to the forums! :-) [thumbsup]

I see that a few of the others have already taken care of the warnings [Wink]

Stay awhile, get comfortable, all that stuff. [Cool]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Legolasiel
Newbie Larva
Member # 3079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2004 20:46      Profile for Legolasiel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to say hello and stuff... so "Hello and stuff". I'm a semi geek, looking for a real geek. Here is a picture of me... http://profiles.yahoo.com/asexychick

--------------------
"Tonight, you arrested my mind, when you came to my defense. With a knife, in the shape of your mouth, in the form of your body, with the wrath of a god." - Gavin DeGraw

Posts: 5 | From: Renton, WA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2004 20:59      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Legolasiel:
I just wanted to say hello and stuff... so "Hello and stuff". I'm a semi geek, looking for a real geek. Here is a picture of me... http://profiles.yahoo.com/asexychick

Hello [Smile] .

Now, why is it that I'm slightly doubtful about that URI? Not for nothing, but I would expect a 419er/spimmer or valley girl to have gotten that address a bit before a geek [Razz] . Then again, geeks tend to get online stuff first, but generally, don't tend to lean towards such nicks [Wink] . Well, unless they're 350lb guys living in their mom's trailer [evil] . Not that I'm suggesting that you're any such person...just that the link is dubious [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2004 05:04      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
[QUOTE] Well, unless they're 350lb guys living in their mom's trailer [evil] . Not that I'm suggesting that you're any such person...just that the link is dubious [Smile] .

Don't make fun of me. [Frown]

Getting out of the trailer takes a lot of work. I need a lot of grease and sometimes the jaws of life...

.. I don't know where I'm going with this either.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2004 05:55      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...I didn't know this was a dating service too!

Maybe Snaggy needs to make a new section for personal ads....

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2004 09:16      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's what the "Looking for Love" section is for.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2004 13:42      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:

Oh yeah!!! /duh
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Legolasiel
Newbie Larva
Member # 3079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2004 23:18      Profile for Legolasiel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, why is it that I'm slightly doubtful about that URI? Not for nothing, but I would expect a 419er/spimmer or valley girl to have gotten that address a bit before a geek [Razz] . Then again, geeks tend to get online stuff first, but generally, don't tend to lean towards such nicks [Wink] . Well, unless they're 350lb guys living in their mom's trailer [evil] . Not that I'm suggesting that you're any such person...just that the link is dubious [Smile] . [/QB][/QUOTE]

That nick is supposed to be sarcastic, and it's from when I was 17.

--------------------
"Tonight, you arrested my mind, when you came to my defense. With a knife, in the shape of your mouth, in the form of your body, with the wrath of a god." - Gavin DeGraw

Legolasiel
Newbie Larva
Member # 3079

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2004 23:19      Profile for Legolasiel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I went to the "looking for love" area, but there was a lot there that was off topic, so I didn't think people here stayed on topic. Oh well.

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2004 23:34      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Legolasiel:
quote:

I went to the "looking for love" area, but there was a lot there that was off topic, so I didn't think people here stayed on topic. Oh well.
Ahh, but that's all part of the fun of the place here [Big Grin]

The trouble I've noticed with the whole meeting people over the net thing is the distance thing. I'm starting to lose count of the number of times I've heard people say "If only X lived in the same city/state/country as me". Unless you go for a "real" dating site, it's going to be pretty hard to find someone who is a suitable prospect and lives feasibly close. And, apparently, you can find real drop-kicks on those sites, as opposed to the nice people on sites like this one [Wink]

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture