homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » blog blog

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: blog blog
Patrick
Mini Geek
Member # 1793

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2004 17:36      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if any of you have blogs. I'm a blogging junkie.

--------------------
"Oh, come on - are you telling me that you can look at a monkey and not get hungry?"
- Bucky Katt, GET FUZZY

Posts: 84 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2004 17:38      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope. Can't say I do. I do have a website that I bought the domain for and always intended on using for ranting and raving about things I cared about (http://www.geekview.com/) -- it has a fun looking layout and everything, and I tried making it work using XML+XSLT and all kinds of other fun stuff, but I never got around to it. I was going to use it as a place ot rant about TV ads, movies, basically anything that tickled my fancy.

Someday I'll find the time ot put it up.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
klynn
Mini Geek
Member # 3019

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2004 17:59      Profile for klynn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Fictional Perspectives, but its mostly an extention of my web site Kendralynn.com. The site is an outlet for my love of writing. (Insert jokes about English majors here.) I like to provide links to stories online I've found enjoyable. I do archive some of the short stories, but not many.

Of course, the web site and blog have nothing to do with making a living. However, if you want me to train some retailers for your state's lottery, that's gonna cost you...

--------------------
Caution: Comments may or may not reflect the actual opinions of the author.

Posts: 62 | From: USA - Saint Albans | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2004 20:25      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes and no. I do have a livejournal, but I almost never update it and it's filled with meaningless crap that spews off the top of my head that I don't want anyone else to hear. [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 08:06      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't read blogs. I am normal. Anyone who says they read your blog is lying. Only if every book in the world was burned tomorrow would I consider reading someone's blog... unless it was by a chick I was stalking... [Smile]

Spungo's zeroth law of the net: no one is ever going to willingly read your blog.

{ Please excuse my mood today - I skipped my Assholes Anonymous session this week. [Wink] }

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 12:15      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

[Wink]

Posts: 1142 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 14:23      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. I do not keep a blog or a diary of any kind. I use my computer harddrive as a journal for writing, which I will on rare occassions share, but otherwise, that's it. My life usually isn't interesting enough to post on the net. When it does get interesting, I share it with the fine folks on geekculture, but only if it really is worth a chuckle or pat on the shoulder.
Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 15:10      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I have an online journal... but it's one of those tiresome ones which is deathly dull for anyone who doesn't know who comprises the dramatis personae of the camp MGM musical that is my life are. Hence, it is, appropriately enough, friends only. The pinkish layout, however, can be found at www.livejournal.com/users/semiskylar [Razz] [crazy]
Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2004 20:55      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A blog can be interesting if you put more than random dribble about your uninteresting life in there. I have a livejournal as do some of the other people here. Sometimes I put random drawings on there...

-

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2004 05:44      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergoo:
A blog can be interesting if you put more than random dribble about your uninteresting life in there. I have a livejournal as do some of the other people here. Sometimes I put random drawings on there...

-

[Eek!]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2004 06:48      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by supergoo:

Like this one?
 -

[Razz]

SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2004 07:27      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mm i have a livejournal as well. mostly boring inane drivel, and tut's drawing(s) suck.

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2004 08:32      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep a blog only because I've gotten too lazy to keep updating my B3ta gallery, got to love that blog this button. [Wink]
so pretty much it has only my animations, some links to a few places (like iTrolls and JoT) and my other stuff.

*shameless plug* click me

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture