homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hi I'm new.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi I'm new.
yuxtaposicion
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 22:51      Profile for yuxtaposicion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I'll tell you guys what's been rocking my world lately...

I just found out through the mail that I've been accepted into my #1 school, California Institute of Technology!!!!

So, yeah, now I'm still freaking out, but sooooo exciting!!!!

YAYAYY!!!

To provide some sort of topic for discussion though, does anyone have any suggestions about college life (i.e.- stuff to bring, stuff to keep in mind, etc)?

And is anyone out there going to pre-frosh weekend?

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 22:55      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! That is great! Errr.....who are you?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
yuxtaposicion
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2644

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2004 23:27      Profile for yuxtaposicion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno.

How do you answer that question?

Basic stats:
18, male.
Program occasionally...
...do lots of art. Theatre too.

lol. Not much here for conversation, I guess I just wanted to shout out to the world that I got in, and you were the unlucky person to take the brunt of that. [Smile]

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 03, 2004 00:12      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job!

I got in for grad school but decided CU Boulder was a better fit. CU's RNA dudes haven't retired yet. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted April 04, 2004 14:49      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lithandro
Geek
Member # 2407

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2004 16:27      Profile for Lithandro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings and salutations yuxtaposicion, if you figure out how to use the three sea shells, please let me know [Big Grin]

--------------------
But why is the rum gone?

Posts: 106 | From: Pontefract, UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
yuxtaposicion
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 2644

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted April 04, 2004 16:32      Profile for yuxtaposicion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The three sea shells? Ehhh???
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2004 17:27      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a reference to a Stallone movie (temporarily forgotten which one). The one where he gets thawed out to deal with criminals in the future.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2004 17:29      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demolition Man, where it is predicted that Arnold will become President. What's scary is that it's starting to look that that might happen. [Eek!]
Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Gibbonboy
Geek
Member # 2426

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2004 08:52      Profile for Gibbonboy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arnold can't be President (of the USA, anyway) without an amendment to the Constitution. He's not a native-born citizen. I'm pretty sure that trying to pass such would cause a little grumbling amongst the Merkins.

--------------------
"It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here."

Posts: 155 | From: A Very Small Hole in the Forest | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2004 09:08      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the movie it took something like the 37th amendment to do it. I know it wouldn't be easy, but I think that amendment would be more likely to happen than the "No Gay Marriage" amendment currently being debated.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Too Cool To Quit
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2217

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2004 17:14      Profile for Too Cool To Quit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:

uhm... what he said...

--------------------
Alright now, that's the last straw, I'm calling the ass taxidermist to tell him to stop making hats in your size RIGHT NOW.

Posts: 1097 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
ooby
Highlie
Member # 2603

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2004 07:29      Profile for ooby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"you can take this job, and you can shovel it"

Ironically, Demolition Man is the exact opposite of another stallone futuristic movie: Death Race 2000, with David Carradine.

--------------------
"haven't you ever wondered if there's more to life than being really, really, rediculously good looking?"

Posts: 680 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted April 06, 2004 10:27      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Too Cool To Quit:
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:

uhm... what he said...

Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2004 20:13      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome... and congratulations.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Smurf Boy
Geek Larva
Member # 2537

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2004 01:09      Profile for Smurf Boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gibbonboy:
Arnold can't be President (of the USA, anyway) without an amendment to the Constitution. He's not a native-born citizen. I'm pretty sure that trying to pass such would cause a little grumbling amongst the Merkins.

Though of course he has come out and said publicly that he would support such an amendment, can't imagine why he would support such a thing...

Oh and welcome [Smile]

--------------------
I didn't spend all that time playing Dungeons and Dragons and not learn a little something about courage.

Posts: 26 | From: The Land of Heat | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture