homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Trading Post   » Choccy Swap ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Choccy Swap ?
Demo
Maximum Newbie
Member # 26398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2009 11:16      Profile for Demo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but seemed the best fitting one .

Recently I've developed a bit of an addiction to American chocolate - only problem is, aside from a few kinds, its pretty hard to get hold of over here . I was wondering if anyone fancied doing a choccy swap - I'll send you some British choccy, if you feed my addiction to the american stuff ^^

Posts: 12 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2009 11:29      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm.

I would kill for a Cadbury Flake.

Luckily I am moving to a place where I can actually find imported foods.

I would say ok, but I can't even send X-mas cards to my mom on time. I couldn't imagine me trying to swap care packages.

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2009 11:51      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whaaa? "American chocolate"? When you have swiss, belgian and german chocolate at your doorstep? Bah! [Roll Eyes]

Great, now I'm drooling over the very thought of a Lindt Creation 70% Chilli (cherry and chili filling! Top that!)... [hearts]

As you can guess, I have pretty much given up all milk chocolate cheap bars. The high quality chocolate may cost more, but you need less to fulfill your cravings. All the better! (Added bonus: very dark chocolate - 50% cocoa and up - has less sugar, less fat, and more flavonoids than "regular" chocolate, which mean they are actually good for the health!)

Oops! did I let my chocolat addict side of me out? [Eek!] Sorry! (err, not really! [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2009 14:19      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
originally posted by Stereo:
Great, now I'm drooling over the very thought of a Lindt Creation 70% Chilli (cherry and chili filling! Top that!)

I would love to try that! [Applause] But I can't say I've ever seen it. [Frown]

We do have a shop over here called Hotel Chocolat which does Lime & Chilli truffles using 70% cocoa dark chocolate...mmmmm [hearts]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2009 00:55      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American chocolate

/ me goes off to swear.

on a side note when I was dating my wife(who is swiss) I sent her a box of chocolates (american). SHe was so astaunded that she actually likes them. However, later while doing some research I found out that this "american" company bought the actual chocolate in bulk from belgium and then only forms the shapes in america. (lake champlain chocolates if you must know)

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2009 03:05      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___________________ Read The Labels __ In the baking aisle one can find cocoa for cakes and brownies, pure cocoa powder, unadulterated cocoa powder, then do as you wish. I my self put one or heaping teaspoons in my morning coffee, that and Cranberry extract keep my blood pressure down.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demo
Maximum Newbie
Member # 26398

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2009 03:13      Profile for Demo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:
quote:
originally posted by Stereo:
Great, now I'm drooling over the very thought of a Lindt Creation 70% Chilli (cherry and chili filling! Top that!)

I would love to try that! [Applause] But I can't say I've ever seen it. [Frown]

We do have a shop over here called Hotel Chocolat which does Lime & Chilli truffles using 70% cocoa dark chocolate...mmmmm [hearts]

They also run a chocolate tasting club, where they send a selection of new chocolates to your house each month costing 16.95 . Its yummy! They have some really mad combinations sometimes too .
Posts: 12 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2009 03:22      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_________________ Demo __ I was going to post this as an edit but now it gets it own post.

https://cocoaknow.ucdavis.edu/ChocolateResearch/new-cocoa-flavanol-study-provides-important-evidence-on-why-plant-foods-are-beneficial-to-cardiovascular-health

There is proof that our cravings may be health based.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2009 04:34      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:

Great, now I'm drooling over the very thought of a Lindt Creation 70% Chilli (cherry and chili filling! Top that!)... [hearts]

(err, not really! [Big Grin] )

You should buy Lindt & Sprügli stock. All shareholders get a suitcacse full of Lindt chocolate with thier dividens each spring. They have most all varieties in this box (including the new chile and cherry/ which was very good). Though this year the chocolate is very expensive as the stock lost value.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture