homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Trading Post   » 3GB of RAM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3GB of RAM
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 09, 2008 09:21      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have three 1024MB PC3200 400Mhz DDR RAM sticks.

Two of them are made by Ultra and one is made by Reneon.

I will let them go for $35.00 each plus shipping if I can sell them all to one buyer.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2008 01:40      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn.

Just last week, I upgraded a fairly tired, oldish desktop PC from 512M to 2048M, (and paid quite a bit more than $35/stick [Frown] ) it made a huge difference.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2008 10:20      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grrr … my mini can only take 1 GB, and it's maxed out (it takes 184 pin PC-3200, but don't remember if that's low–profile or not). The mistake I made when I bought the thing was to take it with the stock 512MB of RAM, then came back to Apple about a week later for the 1 GB upgrade. Now, I've got the original 512 stick, along with a random assortment of 64 MB and 128 MB PC100 sticks from previous machines somewhere in storage.

$35/stick is good, though.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2008 11:02      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why I did not finish my sentence there. I meant to say if I can sell them all to one buyer they will save on shipping per stick because it shouldn't cost any more to ship three sticks than it does to ship one. Of course if someone wants to buy just one stick I don't mind selling just one.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture