homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Science!   » I forgot to bake a pie.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I forgot to bake a pie.
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2011 10:29      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ How do I get the function keys to give me Pi?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2011 10:38      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, 22 July is still months away.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2011 10:39      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alt + 227 will give you π on Windows. Much easier on OS X. Just option p.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2011 10:43      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Don't worry, 22 July is still months away.

MoMan and I are from that backwards place where we invert the calendar date from the rest of the world. Besides this way we can celebrate twice - once for American Pi and then International Pi.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 14, 2011 13:24      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I baked a pi-zza from scratch, does it count? (And it was yummy, too! :-D )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2011 14:02      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww...man...

'twas a hell of a day this, π day, and I...forgot. :/

Perhaps I'll have an 'observed' day on the Ides of March instead.

BTW, as the date is quite near another, my memory has been jogged - happy belated b-day wishes are sent out in the ether... [Smile]

P.S./FYI: Assuming I haven't totally taken leave of my brain, the above should work - π ought to produce an appropriate HTML entity.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2011 20:31      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____ Thanks Dman, Yeah I turned 65 Sat. Big Party eldest G-daughter turned sixteen Thurs, her father has a birthday coming up so we hold a big party. I am again over 100kilos (poop).

_____ JOY, JOY, JOY My last PSAD was below detectable.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2011 11:48      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh. Too damned tired. Perhaps Friday!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 15, 2011 15:38      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pi day should be the 22nd of July (22/7) not the 14th of March (which would be 14.3 not 3.14).

However...can we have some debate on the motion to replace Pi day with tau day. Mathematicians... tell me what you think we should do.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2011 05:19      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously Tau Day is an imperialist plot perpetrated by the vile Americans, because everyone knows only the stupid Americans have a 6.28 on their calendar.

Oh, wait, I'm a stupid American.

Never mind. Tau Day is Great!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture