homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Techno-Talking   » Science!   » Fermilab: Particle Acc. + Strange Plants..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fermilab: Particle Acc. + Strange Plants..
Azalie
Geek Larva
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2007 00:40      Profile for Azalie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't want to make 12 seperate posts.. as this place doesnt get new topics often :x

so anyway

Has anyone heard of / been to Fermilab? Its a particle accelerator in Batavia near Chicago, Illinois.. We went there in Physics for a field trip.. ( 4 hour driveee!!! )

It was kind of interesting ;3 I got a glow-in-the-light ruler.. its mad cool XD

Ummm.. they were the people to first discover the top quark. At the moment they have the highest energy collider in the world... but CERN is gunna make a better one soon.

anyway.. AND..

http://cait.netdojo.com/plant.jpg

This plant.. ive asked at several forums.. so i figured id try here too. Noone knows what it is >_<

I got it from my teacher for 'mothers day'.. it was supposed to be called a 'dark knight' somethinoranotehr.. but any searches for dark knight bring up something that is NOT it lol.

It's really tall and cant stay up by itself.. it needs a cage to keep going up. It grows rather fast... There's no flowers.. the leaves are just a darkish purple/pink colored.. not waxy.. the leaves when formed are bright green till they mature..

thanks! ^^

--------------------
~Azalie

Posts: 21 | From: MI | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2007 00:54      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never been to fermi lab but I have been to CERN.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2007 03:18      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Azalie _____________________ I"ve been to the oridginal Fermi, "Solders Field," neat place I don't remember who played the Bears.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2007 00:15      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never been to fermilab, but I work at the brightest spallation neutron source in the world.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture