homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Geek Challenge: the Joy Button

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Geek Challenge: the Joy Button
Chris Moss
Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2003 14:15      Profile for Chris Moss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the challenge: can anyone make a Joy Button that works with Safari? I for one liked this in Explorer (even if I had to empty the cache to get it refreshed), and wouldn't mind seeing it again now that I use Safari 99% of the time. Don't tell me it's impossible - you are geeks; let me hear you roar!

--------------------
SACD's & SET's!

Posts: 20 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2003 15:22      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given safari's source code, it would be easy. incredibly easy
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2003 16:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa there...Safari is not Open Source. The WebCore by which Safari renders web pages, is open source, as it uses the KHTML rendering engine. What is is that this JoyButton did, again? I know I saw it awhile back, but I've since forgotten (and yes, I know about Google, but I'm on my to dinner right now).

Edit: I even thought about this back when I first wrote this: are you saying, "given Safari's 'available' source code...", or "if 'we were' given Safari's source code...". My comment would address the former, not the latter. The latter is a pipe dream.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2003 17:08      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Whoa there...Safari is not Open Source. The WebCore by which Safari renders web pages, is open source, as it uses the KHTML rendering engine. What is is that this JoyButton did, again? I know I saw it awhile back, but I've since forgotten (and yes, I know about Google, but I'm on my to dinner right now).

Edit: I even thought about this back when I first wrote this: are you saying, "given Safari's 'available' source code...", or "if 'we were' given Safari's source code...". My comment would address the former, not the latter. The latter is a pipe dream.

Sorry, I of course meant it as far as "if I had the source code", since it would be reallly easy to add as a toolbar option.

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture