homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Hello Everybody!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello Everybody!
Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted July 29, 2003 15:48      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And now I'm am here, and decidedly better then there. That's how it should be.

Kevin

--------------------
Check out my webpage/blog/review stash
www.logichigh.com

Posts: 377 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 29, 2003 16:00      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Ti!

And thank you so much for joining this rag-tag fugitive fleet of misfit toys. [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2003 16:17      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings! Just remember to close the door behind you securely - don't want any riff-raff (*snickers*) coming in here [Big Grin] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2003 16:19      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome!
So where's your avatar?
[Smile]

Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 29, 2003 16:57      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm working on it... err... yeah!

--------------------
www.logichigh.com

rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2003 06:26      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
don't want any riff-raff (*snickers*) coming in here

Are you telling me I should leave?
Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2003 18:29      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
q00l.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2003 20:06      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Greetings! Just remember to close the door behind you securely - don't want any riff-raff (*snickers*) coming in here [Big Grin] .

That's the best part of being a rat. I can chew through walls and squeeze under doors. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2003 20:54      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:

That's the best part of being a rat. I can chew through walls and squeeze under doors. [Big Grin]
True, and I could presumably freeze a door, and easily break it (ice breathing dragon, not fire - that requires a bottle of high-proof alcohol & a lighter for this dragon).

However, I was not referring to you, or rw [Smile] . I meant 'other people' [Wink] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2003 20:55      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, the obvious response to the subject line just hit me:
Hello, Dr. Nick!

--------------------

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2003 03:39            Edit/Delete Post 
Noo....you reminded me of someone's idea of a space weapon - freeze and shatter ray - does what you to doors, to spaceships.

Kinda implausible, especially in parts of space that are already below zero C in the first place...

I suppose the shields to use against those weapons is a big woolly blanket wrapped around the ship?

(and no doubt the rest of GC would be delighted to know that they're riff-raff...)

IP: Logged
Ti
Assimilated
Member # 941

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted August 01, 2003 07:12      Profile for Ti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whew.. then it's a good thing the Riff-Raff can't read the posts in here, or they might be put off.

--------------------
www.logichigh.com

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2003 08:49      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
True, and I could presumably freeze a door, and easily break it...

Yipes! [Eek!]

You don't breath ice then - you breath liquid nitrogen!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2003 11:07      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ti:
Whew.. then it's a good thing the Riff-Raff can't read the posts in here, or they might be put off.

and then the riff-raff becoem super fans [Smile]
Like in http://www.geekculture.com/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000163 [Smile]

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2003 11:35      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemydualg4:
and then the riff-raff becoem super fans [Smile]
Like in http://www.geekculture.com/ultimatebb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000163 [Smile]

And they do it by unnatural means. [Razz] Brownnoser! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 05, 2003 17:59      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of breaking things with cold that is a good way to stea... break your bike free. Just freeze the Mettle and hit it with a ballpien hammer. And your bike will be liberated. (This is how one of mine got stolen other wise I wouldn't have learned the trick from my physics/engineering/chemestry friends.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture