homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Sympathies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sympathies
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted July 23, 2003 04:01      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nitrozac, I'm so sorry to hear about your father's death. It brings back memories of when my father died in 1997. He had a heart attack and went into the hospital for surgery to replace a heart valve. It went ok at first, but then there were complications, and he had a stroke. He then had to be moved to a nursing home where one night, in a dislusionary state, he got out of bed and tripped and broke his hip. It was downhill from there, and he finally died of pneumonia. I'll never forget the phone call from my mom on that day. I wished that I had visited him more often, but at the time I thought, "He'll make it." So now everyday as my mother gets older, I worry about the day she will be gone. My parents have done so much for me in my life that I will never be able to repay them. It's so hard to realize that someone you love will never be around again, except in your memories. [Frown]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2003 04:07      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry.
I don't know what it's like, soI won't try to say that I do, but I offer you my deepest sympathies.

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2003 10:02      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know you probably won't be reading the forums for a while, but when you get back you'll read how we all hope you feel better.

The closest person to me I have lost, by death anyway, has been my grandfather. Actually both grandfathers and Josh's grandpa died recently too. I was never very close to any of them so I really don't have any way of knowing how deep the pain you are feeling is, or how much you will miss him. But I do know that you will miss him, and you will probably spend a lot more time talking to your mom.

If you need anything from us, we are here for you. And while we don't pretend to understand exactly what you feel, we hope you feel better.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
xaxnar
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2009

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2003 11:25      Profile for xaxnar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's very little that can be said at a time like this that doesn't sound like a cliche. Just know you have my sympathy and my best wishes. While the shock and sorrow of your loss may be overwhelming now, don't let it blind you to all the blessings you shared with your father and take what comfort you may.

xaxnar

Posts: 49 | From: North America, early 21st century | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 9 posted July 28, 2003 18:18      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No one ever has words to say anything to make any loss any better. However, since we've all been there in one incarnation or another, I think that perhaps knowing there is some solidarity in understanding how horrible the loss of your father is for you. The suddenness of this event, and the closeness of the relationship you shared only brings more wordless emotion to represent how we regret you have to experience this.

I and everyone here are so very sorry for the sudden loss of your Dad and the experiences you must be having right now. I wish there was something I could say or do to help you during this stressful, painful time.

Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2003 18:51      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks folks. You know, even though condolences may seem like cliches, they aren't for the grieving, and they are so much appreciated. [Happytears]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture