homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » iPod fun

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: iPod fun
xaxnar
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2009

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted May 12, 2003 12:45      Profile for xaxnar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the Apple in-store event when they rolled out the new iPods and got myself one, the 15 GB model. I've been having too much fun since then. (It helped that I just got a salary adjustment check for continuing to breathe (longevity payment) and I had to do something with the money before it threatened my indebted lifestyle. Try not to hate me, ok?)

It is such a kick to be able to carry around the music I like - most of the stuff on corporate radio these days bites big time. I picked up a Belkin FM transmitter so I can play back tunes through the radio of whatever car I'm in, or the stereo receiver at home. (No missing with cables.)

I keep running CDs through my iMac at home and creating playlists. I had to get it an 80GB firewire drive just to have enough room for all of the files I'm creating, including old vinyl digitized.

I've gotten music through the Apple store as well. Being able to get a track at a time is more than good, because with the net connection I have through POTS, getting a whole album at one shot ain't gonna happen.

Finding music through iTunes is a little spotty. I notice the search function gives variable results, so I've had to search several ways. Mason Williams for one doesn't come up quite the way I expected.

I like the iPod itself a lot - the size and weight are....satisfying. Working the controls with one hand is a breeze. The dock is really handy. That's a good idea. Plus, being able to carry my calendar around is another bonus as well.

I just have to keep it away from the rest of my family, or they'll each want one.

Posts: 49 | From: North America, early 21st century | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 12, 2003 16:43      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh nice!

I definitely have iPod Envy, but ouch, they are a lot of Canadian dollars!!

10 GB $459.00
15 gig $599.00
30 gig $749.00

plus add another 14 percent or so for PST and GST... my Walkman starts to sound pretty good. [Wink]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2003 03:51      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I luvs my iPod...

All my CD's are on it... and now with smart playlists I can be my own DJ... although just randomizing all songs is a pretty good way to hear all the songs I dont usually hear.

Now I keep my homework on it... very nice...

--------------------
Rednivek - Detroit, Michigan, USA

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture