homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Snowed in...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snowed in...
LostInColorado

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 862

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 20, 2003 13:00      Profile for LostInColorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well.. As my nick implies, I live in Colorado. We just are pulling out of what is probably the worst blizzard to hit Denver in the last 90 years.

Anyway, here's what my house looked like yesterday morning before I started shoveling snow out of the drive way:

I am so sore from all the shoveling...

Lost

--------------------
At first, follow the rules of the game.
If you don't succeed, break the rules.
If you still don't succeed, change them.
If you still don't succeed, just change the game.
And if it still doesn't work...

Posts: 117 | From: Thornton, CO, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 20, 2003 18:09      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thats a lot of snow

i could barely get out of bed after our last storm of about similiar magnitude

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted March 20, 2003 22:13      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
whoa.

I remember that snowed in feeling oh so well...

Sometimes I miss it, but then I come to my senses and smell the roses. Literally!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 24, 2003 01:15      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Makes me wish I had had a digicam so I could take pix around here...

We were pretty well marooned for two days by the storm. Thankfully, we didn't pay the extra money for a carport here...all six of the carports on the property were damaged in some way, and two were wiped out, including the one right in front of our apartment. Dunno if any cars got smashed here, but they did at the complex next door, where they lost at least three carports.

By Thursday, I was able to free my wife's car, so I could go get bread (and I had to go to three grocery stores before I found any!). The next day, I got mine loose as well...and then the day after that, they brought in some front-end loaders to clear the parking lots.

And, the hell of it is, I was expecting an important package, but FedEx didn't get around to delivering it until Friday...

Now it's all melting away...but at least now we can say "I Survived The Blizzard of '03." (Hey, maybe we should sell T-shirts! [Smile] )

--------------------
See more From The Erbo Files: www.erbosoft.com/blog/

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture