homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Which forum members are couples? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Which forum members are couples?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted March 05, 2003 21:26      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
space to annoy non-superfans [Smile]
this way they can't read preview in Active Topics. hee hee
---------------------------------
-------------------------------

Anyway, can anyone get me up to speed over who is dating who... either cyber-ly or in real life?

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2003 21:42      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:

Off-topic - Snaggy - could you make a "Graemlin" that contains a bunch of hypens like above, and got tranformed by UBB to even a clear 1x1 pixel pic - so we could just type :hidden: or some such deal, and have an instant screen, but nice and clean when we read it. Also, this might be a hidden Graemlin, such that non-Superfan Forum readers wouldn't know of it's existence, or be able to use it.

P.S. Actually I sort of changed my mind midway - it would really probably be something that translates the long string of hyphens into a picture, otherwise UBB will show the cleartext Graemlin in the Active Topics, and you'd have a lot of :hiddens: unless they could be rewritten before posting. This idea's been hanging around in my mind for a bit, and your wording brought it to mind. The other issue I see is it's potential to muck up ASCII art, but perhaps colons could surround the hypens (e.g. :------------...-------- [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2003 01:38      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand* ... but everyone knows all about that already. 'subtlety' ain't something I've got the hang of [Razz]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2003 08:57      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you asking about certain people who are no longer Superfans? [Wink] Or at least one of them.
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2003 10:43      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well maybe if we post enough here shell return and bring a certain propane sniffer here too

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2003 11:00      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think anything will get him to join except someone else paying his way. [Roll Eyes]
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2003 11:05      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Err... who sniffs propane?

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2003 11:26      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where have you been? I guess I didn't make that clear enough. [Big Grin]

To make it clear: A certain wealthy ski/sailing bum living in New England that refuses to become a Superfan.

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 06, 2003 11:38      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Can we put to rest the ilovemyg4-is-not-a-superfan thing? thanks.

and I really would like to stay on topic here.

Skylar, who are you a couple with?

skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2003 11:48      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Skylar, who are you a couple with?

Wow, I didn't realise you didn't know, Snaggy - GameMaster and I have been together for about three months [Smile]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 06, 2003 13:48      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey cool! congrats! [Smile]
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2003 18:03      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
N & S
S & G
J & S - maybe
S(F) & C - previously casually

--------------------
Rednivek - Detroit, Michigan, USA

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2003 20:52            Edit/Delete Post 
hm....does UBB offer Tab Nick Completion when viewing posts? J & S = Jessycat and supa? S(F) & C...?
IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2003 23:11            Edit/Delete Post 
hm....how did we forget Twinkle Toes and neotatsu? I don't know if Annie and Mephisto count - they're a couple, but have not been seen in a little while.

How about - GameGod was it, and some girl - I thought the guy was Geek Avenger the other day, but IIRC it was GameGod. Who the other one was, I forget (that part of my memory is long since paged out). Don't even know if they're still together.

Hmm...any more?

maswan

Lord of the Root!
Member # 269

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2003 06:10      Profile for maswan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Anyway, can anyone get me up to speed over who is dating who... either cyber-ly or in real life?

Just so that the non-readability is still kept for Snaggy's sake. [Smile]

Speaking of not forgetting, how about tmr & kriktor and ARJ & WeirdArms. But perhaps they don't qualify as forum people.

uilleann: "s(f) & c", I think this is about sfa and ct.

Posts: 71 | From: Umeć, Sweden | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2003 07:56            Edit/Delete Post 
someone also suggested SupportGoddess (firesnake) and CyberShoe - what is more likely - that (which is no longer), or SFA and ct - I mean, what is with those two? The non-bitter part of my skull feels that it would be really cool if those two did get together... they do make a cute couple.

hm...

skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2003 07:19      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:

How about - GameGod was it, and some girl... Who the other one was, I forget (that part of my memory is long since paged out). Don't even know if they're still together.

Hmm...any more?

She was called The Geeky Temptress, I believe. Neither of them has posted in a good while, though... added to which, I think the only reason she joined was because he introduced her to the boards - they didn't meet here.

sky

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 11, 2003 07:47      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
s & s-in theory. [Wink] (going on a year, actually, and if he's nice to me I won't pull up our first post . [Razz] )

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted March 11, 2003 07:50      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
s & s-in theory. [Wink] (going on a year, actually, and if he's nice to me I won't pull up our first post . [Razz] )

It's a mutual theory I hope. [Wink]
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2003 08:05      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's just that I have to compete with so many women and sheep, not to mention the Russian sailor, the little Greek, and various blow-up toys.*sigh* [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2003 10:55      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and spungo's mad 'cause I forgot to mention his little Winona. [Roll Eyes]

EDIT: how could we forget Christina Ricci with the AK-47 and Peppermint Patty? [Wink]

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 23, 2003 09:37      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gossip mongerer Snaggy seeks an update...

Lets see, there's....

dragonman and Xanthine [hearts]

and WinterSolstice and Just_Jess_B [hearts]

[Smile]

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2003 10:14      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and Cheezi's cat. [hearts]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 23, 2003 11:27      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Gossip mongerer Snaggy:
Lets see, there's....

dragonman and Xanthine [hearts]

and WinterSolstice and Just_Jess_B [hearts]

[Smile]

Winter and I have been married six years as of last March 15. I think that makes us a couple.... but you might want to ask him juuuuuust in case. [Razz]

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted May 23, 2003 11:30      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking of reviving this thread. [Smile]

My fiance finally posted here. Only once under the name iankantian in this thread.

I'm trying to get him to post more, but it's the end of the semester, you know how it is.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture