homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Who's Going to LWE?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who's Going to LWE?
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted January 21, 2003 06:07      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the topic says it all [Smile] .

FYI: Linux World Expo is starting in the Javits Center on Wednesday.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mister Boo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1419

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2003 08:08      Profile for Mister Boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't pay much attention to when it was coming. I might see if I can sneak down on the 24th. But it depends on whether I can get the day off or not.

--------------------
Geekculture's Original Boo

Posts: 314 | From: Naugatuck, CT | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 21, 2003 13:26      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh!
That sounds like fun! I'm definitely going to try to check it out on Thursday or Friday.
I don't think I'll be attending any of the conferences, but I might be able to get something out of the exhibits, right? Hell, it's worth a look.
Thanks for the heads-up, dragonman!

Posts: 490 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2003 18:55      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I won't be going to any of the conferences - too much money. I'll be going tomorrow, pretty much all day.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2003 21:30      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Color me green. =/

On the other hand, I'm already planning for defcon again in august.

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 22, 2003 00:33      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dragonman, you're famous! (You'll *definitely* get the girl now...) [Big Grin]

Nice comic, Nitro and Snaggy!

Posts: 490 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
LostInColorado

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 862

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2003 07:06      Profile for LostInColorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dragonman:

Welcome to the few, the prouds, the Nitrozacked!

Sadly enough, I will not be attending. Maybe I'll try next year...

--------------------
At first, follow the rules of the game.
If you don't succeed, break the rules.
If you still don't succeed, change them.
If you still don't succeed, just change the game.
And if it still doesn't work...

Posts: 117 | From: Thornton, CO, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2003 07:20      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may go on Thursday or Friday. I'll be wearing, as is my custom, a Linus Torvalds badge. And before anyone gets the copycat idea, I wear a Steve Jobs badge to MacWorld.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted January 22, 2003 10:10      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dragonman97 Who's going to LWE?
Hee hee... oh you will be going.... your cartoon existence will be there... for all Eternity!

Muuuuuhhhaaawwwwww! [evil] [Big Grin]

Jessycat: You'll *definitely* get the girl now...)

hmmm, that's what Nitrozac said too!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2003 10:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I just met tafkact - he was proudly wearing his Alien propeller beanie, and won the praise of a presenter here, who deemed it 'the best hat I've seen today.'

This is dragonman97, live at Linux World Expo, signing off.

*THIS is GeekCulture.*

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 22, 2003 15:19      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey neat!
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2003 16:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessycat:
Dragonman, you're famous! (You'll *definitely* get the girl now...) [Big Grin]

Nice comic, Nitro and Snaggy!

*sigh* Nope, I didn't. I think it's fair to say I was stood up - that is, she didn't call me back later in the day.

Anyone [male] who goes - see the LinuxFund booth in the .ORG pavilion [Wink] .

Sad note - Mandrake was not in attendance, but M$ was [Frown] .

--------------------

Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2003 17:56      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Post LinuxFund fluff.

--------------------
Rednivek - Detroit, Michigan, USA

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2003 05:55      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
[QUOTE]Sad note - Mandrake was not in attendance, but M$ was [Frown] .

And what exactly was MS exhibiting there?
Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2003 09:29      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rw:
And what exactly was MS exhibiting there?

Out of principle, I did not walk within 50 feet of their booth, so I can't positively say. But from what I know, I believe it was part of their campaign that Windows (TM) can be cheaper to admin than *nix, or some such nonsense.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture