homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Snaggy saved a life!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snaggy saved a life!
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 04, 2002 23:19      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of weeks ago, late Saturday night, there was a rowdy party a couple cabins down. I think it was a baseball team drinking after a game or something. A couple drunk guys get in a canoe, with one of them was sitting in a chair in the canoe, the other paddling with a kayak paddle. They were wasted, and shouting "whoo hooo!" every once in a while.

We were sitting in our backyard, kinda watching and listening if the party would turn into a vandal spree as that sort of happens around here. Wouldn't you know it, we hear a splash, and the canoe capsized. One of the drunk guys didn't know how to swim, meanwhile his friend started swimming to shore. The non swimmer was screaming "don't leave me, Mike, seriously, help me!" sort of thing. I thought, " every second counts", so I didn't want to hang back and see if they get their wasted friends to even hear them. The party was roaring along and no one even noticed they were in the lake, in trouble, even with one of them screaming "HELP!"

So, I shove our rowboat in the water, and Snaggy and I quickly decide the rescue plan; he rows cause he's stronger and can tow the guy in better than I could. I ran and got a couple of life jackets for them to use as a floatation device. The guy is screaming for help, Snaggy yells out that he's on his way to help him. One of the drunk guys swims over to our dock, and man, he was really young and really drunk, I could smell him from 20 feet away! He looked like just a skinny kid, a teen.

Snaggy gives the other guy clear instructions to hang on to the back of the boat, and he rowed him in. The two guys were pretty embarrassed as the rest of the party finally noticed what was going on as they arrived on shore. They kinda thanked us, promised to return the towels, but basically just returned to the party.

Snaggy and I were standing near our dock, watching the capsized canoe in the darkness and listening to the blaring music and roaring drunks a couple of doors down and Snaggy said "this is what Batman and Robin must have felt like."

Kind of proud, kind of bummed.

spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 03:28      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Orr-some stuff! ... and they didn't even invite you to the party afterwards? Buncha jerks.

I hope they returned the towels to the bat-cave. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 05, 2002 04:05      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Magnificent Valour! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 05, 2002 07:22      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's only one thing to say:

Magnificent Valor!

"Every human being is a flame".

--------------------
"love without fear"

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 13:45      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the NitroSnag Lake monster overturned the canoe. They're lucky they weren't eaten. [Big Grin]
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 05, 2002 16:04      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, yes, the lake monster was angered by the liquor bottles and beer cans getting thrown into its home, so it struck REVENGE.... sounds good, 'cept now I'm scare. [Eek!]
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 05, 2002 17:25      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrozac:
LOL, yes, the lake monster was angered by the liquor bottles and beer cans getting thrown into its home, so it struck REVENGE.... sounds good, 'cept now I'm scare. [Eek!]

Make sure to dispose of rotten pumpkins properly. [Wink]
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 06, 2002 05:52      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it sounds like a "me too", but the only appropriate response is
"Magnificent Valor"

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Erbo
Discontinued

Icon 10 posted November 06, 2002 10:08            Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I say, give yourselves a medal!
IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2002 12:36      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the station magazine for an RAF base where my dad was stationed used to have a 'Good Show!' award every month for someone who'd acted above and beyond the call of duty, or showed particular initiative.

So this month's Good Show! award goes to Snaggy and Nitrozac! Good Show!

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted November 06, 2002 14:04      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations..... but what if he breeds?

--------------------
Rednivek - Detroit, Michigan, USA

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture