homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » New Moneymaking Ideas For Nitrozac And Snaggy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Moneymaking Ideas For Nitrozac And Snaggy
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted October 31, 2002 05:38      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What new methods can Nitrozac and Snaggy use to fund Geekculture?

This poll has been moved to another forum.

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 31, 2002 05:48      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two words: Nitrozac Nudes

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 31, 2002 05:59      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lex:
Two words: Nitrozac Nudes

Since that was already mentioned, I didn't include it in the poll, but that would be great as a whole different site. [Wink]
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 31, 2002 09:07      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
L0L, the all sound good to me [Smile]

There also the Church of Simon-tology...

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 02, 2002 14:16      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously though, you guys could give superfans a "christmas present" for an extra annual fee or even sell in the geek culture store, a kind of compilation.

Now on sale.

A YEAR OF GEEKCULTURE!
Including, both JoT and AY2K comics, NitroSnag selected Cam caps, The Best of the Forums. Also included (with permission) archived relevancy links for the a look back at the best news, rumors, and reviews from the land of geekdom.
Only (fill in price here.)

--------------------
Vedi Vidi Velcro "I came, I saw, I stuck around"
quality in posting since dec 2000

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 02, 2002 17:46      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've been planning for about two or three years to do an archived CD... I'm hoping to have something ready within the next couple of months.

So, it would be a collection of all the JoTs and Ay2k's, perhaps a few never-before-seens... all of our macAddict CD packages, icons, desktops, and whatever else I can find to pack on. [Smile]

Available as an html CD. What do you think?

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 03, 2002 11:53      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be great! I guess I've wasted my time compiling JoT in a PDF, though. Html would be okay, but I hate all that clicking around. I guess that it's easier for you though, because all you have to do is load the archives on the disc. I still want to see the comics in print. [Wink] How's that going?

On the subject of icons: I noticed that some of the icons look pixalated in OS X. Could you update them with higher resolution?

If you need any help getting things together, you know how to contact me. I would more than be glad to take some of the weight off you guys in putting it together. [Smile]

azagthoth
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 03:39      Profile for azagthoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wouldn't that be the Church of the BOFH?
Posts: 44 | From: Boca Raton, FL, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 07:19      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by azagthoth:
quote:
Wouldn't that be the Church of the BOFH?
Hell yes, it would be! It's always nice to see another fan of the BOFH. *flips through excuse book* - I can't post more here because dry relative humidity is causing the computers to perform at a dangerously optimal level [Smile] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 08:12      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another idea:

BABES OF GEEKCULTURE DAILY TEAR-OFF CALENDAR!! [Big Grin]

(besides this is the last year for the Far-Side ones [Frown] )

Including the lovely Lady Lovelace...In Lingerie!

--------------------
Vedi Vidi Velcro "I came, I saw, I stuck around"
quality in posting since dec 2000

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
azagthoth
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 00:06      Profile for azagthoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Hell yes, it would be! It's always nice to see another fan of the BOFH. *flips through excuse book* - I can't post more here because dry relative humidity is causing the computers to perform at a dangerously optimal level [Smile]
Of course I'm a fan of the BOFH, I'm a sysadmin =)

[[email protected] ~]$ telnet 0 666
Trying 0.0.0.0...
Connected to 0.
Escape character is '^]'.
=== The BOFH-style Excuse Server --- Feel The Power!
=== By Jeff Ballard
=== See http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/ for more info.

#############################################

Your excuse is:

/pub/lunch

#############################################

Connection closed by foreign host.

Posts: 44 | From: Boca Raton, FL, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture