homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Anyone else get a message from...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone else get a message from...
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted October 27, 2002 14:46      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...someone called i'minlovewithageek?

She just registered today, has no posts, and her pm conversation with me set off some possible warning lights. She might be legit, but I have learned to be cynical. If anyone else has heard from her, depending on the message, it might be another troll trying to mess with emotions.

Edit: I doubt this would make tidbits, but if you were thinking about it, don't.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 15:41      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None here, you might just have an admirer.
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 15:57      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, none for me...

i'minlovewithageek just registered today.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 19:28      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nothing here

--------------------
Success requires no explanations, Failure permits no alibis.

Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 19:37      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
none for me either.
*me feels so left out.......

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

Janeway
Assimilated
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 21:17      Profile for Janeway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None here either. [Wink]

--------------------
Janeway--
Author, Artist, and Dreamer Extraordinaire

Posts: 468 | From: Cyberspace, Delta Quadrant | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 21:23      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None for me either. There's nothing wrong with being cynical, cynical is good. [Big Grin]
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 28, 2002 07:03      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second that! Or even just skeptical...
Cynics are the only people that know what's really going on.-The Book Of GMx Proverbs [Big Grin]

GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted October 28, 2002 13:10      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're just lucky, I guess. [Wink]
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 15:39      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could be, could be. Females seem to be paying more attention to me than usual.

I might try to have my operative in Scotland try and verify her existence, though. Just to be sure.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2002 16:46      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that someone by her name and location has been active on the net for at least 2 years, and it seems to be the same person. This leads me to believe that she does exist and is who she says she is, but that is about it.

--------------------

Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 29, 2002 10:14      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oOoh! Good luck to you! [Big Grin] But, don't let your guard down, yet, don't toss away any chances at LoOove. We're all behind you, watching, cynically. [Wink]
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 29, 2002 10:49      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
> We're all behind you, watching, cynically. [Wink]

Thanks, that is comforting, sort of.

Latest update:
The address and phone number I previously found were incorrect. My operative in Glasgow might have some difficulty investigating her because she does not live in Glasgow as previously suspected and he doesn't have any real means of transportation. Ah well.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture