homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Punishment For Audrie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Punishment For Audrie
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted October 23, 2002 03:59      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After sending the the Geek culture forums into a panic over troll posting that she had cancer, what should be done to AudrieRyan_geekgirl?

This poll has been moved to another forum.

Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 10:35      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SuperFans get custom titles, right? How about a set of them for her/him/whatever and those that Nitro and Snaggy deem unworthy. Troll, Super Troll, Troll Lord, etc.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 11:58      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh...that would open up a can of worms wouldn't it? [Eek!] I expect they would want to give it to a lot of people. They have to keep the site going some way, so I expect they wouldn't do it, because their income might drop. I doubt that many trolls buy anything from the GC store, click on any of the ads or are superfans, though. I wouldn't mind weeding out the riff-raff. [Big Grin]
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2002 15:59      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I have for words for ya: Troll! Troll! Troll! Troll!" (Message from Steve Ballmer)
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 02, 2002 13:51      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking and then I thought of somehting. Look down the screen. A little further. Maybe you need to scroll down. More, more... THERE!!!!!! SEE IT!! That little part under your post that say IP: Logged? Couldn't we just ban Audrie's IP, oh Administrators?

--------------------
Vedi Vidi Velcro "I came, I saw, I stuck around"
quality in posting since dec 2000

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2002 19:28      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless s/he's on dialup or most DSL/Cable modem services. Hard to safely ban a dynamic IP range.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 08:18      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lex:
Hard to safely ban a dynamic IP range.

I'm getting to used to the University LAN. I'm starting to treat IP's like they're phone numbers.

--------------------
Vedi Vidi Velcro "I came, I saw, I stuck around"
quality in posting since dec 2000

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture