homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » and it's not even my birthday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: and it's not even my birthday
rw

Member # 590

Icon 6 posted September 18, 2002 18:57      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Mac OS X update and a new Enterprise episode the same day! What did I do to deserve such fortune? [Happytears]
Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 18, 2002 19:38      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot iTunes 3.0.1
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 19, 2002 12:48      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wait till you see what does happen on your birthday.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted September 19, 2002 18:22      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched Enterprise, what did you think? Do you think the second season holds some promise? I like the Vulcan babe, she's a good character. Capt Archer talks really slow, I wonder what that's about?
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 19, 2002 23:07      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like Enterprise quite a bit. They don't show enough of T'Pol in her T-shirt, though. [Wink] I think the new season looks like it's going to be pretty good. I thought that the Twilight zone wasn't half bad either. Don't know about Forrest Whitaker's Rod Serling imitation. I think that Archer was talking so slow because he had just gotten the crap beaten out of him. Maybe not. At least it's not as bad as Shatner's staccatto modulating speech. [Smile]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2002 06:11      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrozac:
I like the Vulcan babe

From anybody but Nitrozac, this remark would have shocked me [Smile] I like the Vulcan babe, too. She plays her character's historical role (the Vulcan who overcame the Vulcans' deep mistrust of human emotion and impulsiveness) well. I like the other babe, too, despite the ludicrous premise of a person who can become fluent in a language--a non-human one at that--in a day. I keep hearing her name as "Ushi", though. ("Hoshi" is Japanese for "star". "Ushi" means "cow".)

I think the series has promise. After all, the first episodes of TNG were cruddy, too. They may get in trouble with this ill-thought-out theme of a temporal cold war, though. Seems like everybody who writes a "time travel" story has a different notion of what the rules are. Also, I fear a slew of episodes with the trick of starting with some disaster and then ending with a time traveler preventing it from happening in the first place. That's a lot like ending a story with "and I woke up and it was all a dream".

Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
RickYaeger

SuperFan!
Member # 1512

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2002 00:15      Profile for RickYaeger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see a forum where the discussion of Enterprise doesn't revert to the old "what is with that theme song?" discussion...then again, the thread is young...maybe someone can travel back in time and prevent me from posting this.

no such luck.

--------------------
==
One Question Interviews
JoT#534

Posts: 45 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted September 21, 2002 10:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note to Time Academy students observing outside of current timestream:

See how the subject of this test Rick doesn't even realize that we travelled back in time and prevented him from posting his "original" reply to this thread, for in his currently perceived time, it never happened.

Next lesson... the Chicken AND the Egg.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 14 posted September 27, 2002 16:01            Edit/Delete Post 
It's a cool theme song [Smile]
IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2002 14:45      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a really annoying, AOR song originally done for Rod Stewart. Then again, maybe it's the lyrics that are the problem...

Wait for the Start..

(Verse)
It's been a long time,
waiting for this episode,
they play an intro,
and then keep us waiting.
It's been a long time,
since we saw T'Pol unclothed,
it gets interesting
and then they put the theme on.

(Chorus)
They make us Wait, for the start,
listening to this bloody theme song,
wait, for the start,
with a chorus that seems to have a loop on
wait, for the start
by the time we get there she'll have put her clothes on,
wait, for the start,
the time police must have got the end wrong

wait,

wait for the start.

I wish they'd just replace it with 'Star Trekking' by the Firm. That would suit a lot better [Smile]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 04, 2002 08:27      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lex:
[qb]If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of progress?
qb]

Does that mean that PROstitution is the opposite of CONstitution?

--------------------
Vedi Vidi Velcro "I came, I saw, I stuck around"
quality in posting since dec 2000

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture