homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Nitrozac's New Avatar

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nitrozac's New Avatar
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 10, 2002 13:40      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like your new avatar! Happy Mac lives! [Smile]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted September 10, 2002 20:16      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! [Big Grin]
LostInColorado

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 862

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 11, 2002 19:14      Profile for LostInColorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! It looks like a flirting happy mac to me [Wink]

Very nice one Nitrozac.

--------------------
At first, follow the rules of the game.
If you don't succeed, break the rules.
If you still don't succeed, change them.
If you still don't succeed, just change the game.
And if it still doesn't work...

Posts: 117 | From: Thornton, CO, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Danapoppa
Geek
Member # 1555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 11, 2002 19:46      Profile for Danapoppa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LostInColorado:
Hey! It looks like a flirting happy mac to me [Wink]

Yes, I rather like the winky Mac too.

I didn't realize it was winking at first, so I found myself doing double takes ...

... then staring at it to see if I could catch it in the act ... [blush]

It's a very subtle attention-grabber!

Posts: 237 | From: South of Mt. Fuji | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 11, 2002 21:11      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nitrozac, that's great! Most particularly, I like the title below it [Smile] . You're taking after Linus, I see. I definitely like the title. Now I'm further inspired to make an icon (presumably featuring Tux somehow, I think).

On a different topic entirely, I wish to commend you on today's JoT, as well as the one from one year ago (I remember it well). I am a New Yorker, though not in the direct term of living in New York [city], I've lived in New York State, only half an hour away all my life, and love the city (to any New Yorker, 'the city' only means one place, no matter where you are), and have spent plenty of great times there. While I've been putting thoughts of all this aside, today's JoT really touched me, and I thank you for such a tasteful tribute. Today, I've not listened to the radio (er, I did listen later while driving, when they finally went back to music; the morning commute invoked my custom CD, with the Beatles' "Help!" being first picked by the randomizer), nor watched TV, because of the continuous media hype here about the tragedy sufered here one year ago, and I think it is utterly tasteless and wrong and downright depressing to see those images again. I have stood on top of the World Trade Center, many years ago, and it was a magnificent site. New York is an emptier place without it. Well, I think I'm going to stop here, before I manage to depress myself. In closing, I tip my hat to you Nitrozac, an artist who shows magnificant valor!

Long live the benevolant dictator (Linus as well) [Smile] !

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted September 11, 2002 21:41      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nitro's avatar is from an oil painting she just recently completed of the Happy Mac. It's a lovely little painting, we'll post some pictures of it soon.

(heh, no the painting doesn't wink, at least i don't think it does!)

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted September 12, 2002 05:49      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Snaggy, is Nitrozac really a benevolent dictator? Or are you allowed to answer that question? [Big Grin]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted September 12, 2002 09:51      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice boots(trap)!

Yeah, I know that catchphrase has been dead for a couple of years, I'm just such an old fart ... err ... old school. Yeah, old school.

--------------------
"love without fear"

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture