homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » My metric conversion pen broke.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My metric conversion pen broke.
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted August 01, 2002 20:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

My incredible metric conversion pen broke. Sure i left it in the hot car all the time and would click it incessently while Nitrozac was driving, but why oh why did it have to die????

I tried to fix it, even tore it apart and re-assembed various ways... but it is not the same.

I miss its sweet click.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2002 03:17      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:

My incredible metric conversion pen broke. Sure i left it in the hot car all the time and would click it incessently while Nitrozac was driving, but why oh why did it have to die????

I tried to fix it, even tore it apart and re-assembed various ways... but it is not the same.

I miss its sweet click.

I thought Canada was on the metric system. Haven't you guys gotten used to it yet?

------------------
"Well, aren't you going to say it's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside? Everybody else does." The Doctor (No.3)

Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 02, 2002 07:37      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never did I find myself in a situation where I felt compelled to use it's amazing conversion powers.

It's all about the click!

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2002 19:24      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Snaggy, I'm sorry to hear about your pen. I too, love that click-click of the Metric Conversion Pen. Thank you for pointing it out to this select group! As of a week ago, I am not carrying it on my person anymore, but have it in my bag. I have a nice pen, a Sensa, which I've had since before the M.C.P. (not M$ Certified Person), but I had the M.C.P. with me as a backup pen, and a momentary loaner pen - I will not lend out the Sensa. A few weeks ago, I was lending the M.C.P. to a coworker, and I said, "Please make sure that gets back to me." She didn't lose it, though she did put it down, and fearing it would be forgotten, I picked it up. Now I'm also carrying a different free pen - an OmniSky pen which switches between pen and stylus. This has been invaluable for me at work, as I am managing a PDA project, and it is more comfortable than the 'twig' that comes with the PDAs. The only problem is that the pen part doesn't work. So that M.C.P. will serve me well should I need it, being not very far from me. After I post this, I will go to my bag, retrieve it, and make 2 clicks for you .
Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted August 03, 2002 06:20      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My metric conversion pen clicks, but the conversion barrel doesnt rotate on click anymore.... so, when I'm on the Ontario side, I just have to assume that 100 means 100mph.

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted August 03, 2002 08:40      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dragonman97, that was very comforting. Thank you for your clicks.

Red, that is how my nightmare started, with a non rotating barrel! For goodness sake, cherish every click!

Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2002 08:28      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My pen also began the descent into death by not rotating. But behold! After a bit of messing with it, my pen now clicks as good as new and rotates, too!

I took it apart and put it back together a few times, and then it worked. Perhaps your broken pens may still be revived?

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
RickYaeger

SuperFan!
Member # 1512

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 28, 2002 16:26      Profile for RickYaeger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this calls for another Geek Culture promotional item.

--------------------
==
One Question Interviews
JoT#534

Posts: 45 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture