homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » MacWorld Booth Babes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MacWorld Booth Babes
DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2002 08:00      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look what I found while tripping around the show yesterday...

Most of these are in yesterday's gallery, but there are a couple bonuses...

http://www.maccenter.com/news/2002/MWNY/Galleries/boothbabes/index.html

Same are babes of modeling, some are babes of personailty.

Warning: May contain unflattering or less-than-politically-correct photos (cause I'm something of a letch?).

Please don't use these images without notifying me first.

=bd

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 19, 2002 08:36      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those aren't Booth Babes, they're

TTBs!

That Pronto Person is cool. She looks like a JoT Future TTB!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2002 08:48      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Those aren't Booth Babes, they're

TTBs!

DUH!

What was I thinking!?!? Of COURSE they're TTBs!!!

Must be the lack of sleep and hungar...

=bd

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2002 21:43      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(sigh) .... I just don't travel enough.

One day, I will put more than just login, connect to ISP entries on my Social Calendar.....

------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted July 21, 2002 01:58      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalBill:

http://www.maccenter.com/news/2002/MWNY/Galleries/boothbabes/index.html

=bd

Dude! I originated "BoothBabes of Macworld Expo" at the New York show in 1999. I am only slightly irritated by you doing it because I do it so much better.

I am known by some of the vendors as "The Booth Babes Guy." They ask me to come to their booth and photograph their booth babes, because it brings them business, and because it is fun. Unlike you, I also include male booth babes. Everyone who posed was told ahead of time that it was for a photo essay on the Web called "Booth Babes."

I will have the Booth Babes of Macworld Expo NY 2002 posted later today. Don't miss it.

Scott McCarty
Notorious Rumor Monger
The Original Booth Babes Guy

------------------
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. -George Carlin
Gra
phicPower-News and
Views for the Graphics
Industry

Posts: 41 | From: Philadelphia, PA USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2002 06:03      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I guess that means you have a copyright on posting photo galleries too, Scott?

I've been going to Macworld Expos for over 10 years, and while I don't make a living as a journalist, I've been collecting TTB (Booth Babe) pics for years.

I just thought that since I was posting my coverage pics and stories here for all to enjoy, that the SuperFans might enjoy seeing the TTB pics collected, with some of the ones I edited out of the main galleries.

You need to seriously lighten up, "dude".

Just enjoy what I've done without trampling all over it in your own search for recognition, OK?

Thanks.

Bill

Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2002 14:05      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the beauty of the SuperFan forums, you can post whatever you want. BTW, some surfer hunks parked themselves right infront of the webcam, and they put on their wetsuits and everything. Quite the show. I guess it's just human nature when you see goodlooking people, you just want to take pictures of them, and show your friends.
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2002 21:22      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scott attacks, yet again. Kinda ironic, if you think about it.

I took one of his photos of a girl who was posing at a public place for the purposes of people taking photos of her. Hardly an Ansel Adams moment... and I pasted her onto a picture of my Mustang in a light hearted post here a while back. Good ol' Scott informs Nitrozac that his images are copyrighted and that he wanted my picture removed... never bothering to say something to me first which could have resulted in good and light-hearted publicity for him instead of the negative kind. 3 eatme's out of 5.

Apple Computer took away Scott's media pass because he is involved in speculation on his website. Obvious to most, speculation and rumors affect Apple's stock and their presentation. Scott went into a crazy rant and told macnn and everyone else who would listen that he was a martyr. He said that he doesnt speculate, but that he does have guesses. Gee. Get a dictionary or thesaurus, "journalist." Scott goes crazy, posts "anonymous" entries on macnn (and here and there and... ad nauseum) and whines about his plight and his career, related to a website that most people dont even care about that much.... its just a personal site, really. And then he vows to never buy another Apple computer and not to attend.... moments later in cyberspace he is attending and bragging that some other media outlet will send him because he is so important. 4 eatme's out of 5.

Scott hasnt updated his Blues Traveler and Andy Ihnatko-wannabe cobweb website with booth babes for 2 years... and now he freaks out and attacks another forum member for daring to.... take pictures of booth babes. Sorry dude, but good luck on the patent for that idea.... patent submissions require an idea that is "1) Not obvious".... and theres probably some fine print in there about not being a moron. 4 eatme's out of 5.

Dude, you deserve this attack. Think about it.... what makes people waste time attacking you?

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2002 13:01      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Red, You are just so full of shit.

When you *stole* that picture from my Web site and re-published it, I DID contact you first. All I asked for was the courtesy of credit for the image. I never asked that it be removed.

I am trying to see it from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my ass.

I also posted Booth Babes of Macworld Expo in January. Just because you can't find it does not mean I have not done the feature. My site management sucks, so you may not find it easy to find until I update the Booth Babes index page.

So now that I caught you stealing, you want to be a crybaby? Waa Waa. Get over it.

Repeat, I never asked that the picture that you stole be removed, just credit given to the person who captured the image. That is a very small courtesy of which you seem incapable. Just goes to show that common courtesy is not so common.

------------------
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. -George Carlin
Gra
phicPower-News and
Views for the Graphics
Industry

Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted July 22, 2002 13:20      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gawd, you guys make PMS look like a case of the acute giggles.

GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2002 14:00      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitrozac:
Gawd, you guys make PMS look like a case of the acute giggles.

LOL
I can't stop laughing!

'funny, but I didn't think my responce to BD was an attack at all. I even complemented him on his coverage in "Your News."

------------------
Gra
phicPower-News and
Views for the Graphics
Industry

Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2002 12:09      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone can review Scott's comments and see what a petulant guy he is.

I feel slightly obligated to clarify that he is using the 7th grade tactic of "you're just mad because I picked on you first." No, actually, I was disgusted by his petulant comments toward our good IRC friend DigitalBill...

Notice that he didnt address those issues, just went for the personal tactic.

Notice that in yet another failure as a journalist he doesnt know what parody is.... and probably yells at Mad Magazine in the rack, "you stole that!"

For the record, the picture was not stolen... it was parodied. I wouldnt steal his pictures... they're horrible... I can take better with my CVS pharmacy cardboard boxed camera.

Here's the proof of the parody:

Here's the original, if you dare:

http://www.graphicpower.com/showreports/seyboldsf99/gallery/boothbabes/lisa.jpg

And finally, here's the GraphicPower page for boothbabes, not updated for 2 years:

http://www.graphicpower.com/showreports/boothbabes.stm

Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2002 12:59      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And our next parody, thanks to DigitalBill's fine photography and mine...

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2002 13:57      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rednivek:
And our next parody, thanks to DigitalBill's fine photography and mine...

Somehow I think you'll be in for less of a fight on this one Red.

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture