homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Snaggy's Latest Crush™ v2.0

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Snaggy's Latest Crush™ v2.0
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 09, 2002 23:29      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meet the lovely Amber...

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2002 06:34      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, man....

Nitro's outdone herself this time....

I'm sensing a Maxim-style pictorial: "The Girls of Joy of Tech"

Whaddya think folks? A special SuperFan Pictorial?

=bd

Amber Rocks!

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
omega996
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1176

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2002 07:36      Profile for omega996   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think that's a great idea!

quote:
Originally posted by DigitalBill:
Oh, man....

Nitro's outdone herself this time....

I'm sensing a Maxim-style pictorial: "The Girls of Joy of Tech"

Whaddya think folks? A special SuperFan Pictorial?

=bd

Amber Rocks!

Posts: 46 | From: brea, ca | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 10, 2002 07:53      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would make a great calendar
Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted May 11, 2002 05:12      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about a "Booth Babes of Macworld Expo" feature? Lots of material at:
http://graphicpower.com/showreports/boothbabes.stm

and

http://graphicpower.com/showreports/mwesf2002/boothbabes/

Posts: 41 | From: Philadelphia, PA USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2002 01:18      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, its all copyright stuff and the guy freaks out when you use it, even for a parody.

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted May 14, 2002 09:43      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rednivek:
Alas, its all copyright stuff and the guy freaks out when you use it, even for a parody.

Don't get your knickers in a twist, Red.

I only dislike my material being "stolen." You have not read the copyright notice at the bottom of GraphicPower. Anyone is welcome to excerpt from the site and include a link to the site. i like to be notified when content is excerpted.

Other usage, (such as a parody using any of my original images,) would simply require asking permission. Most important thing about copyright is giving credit to the original source. You can't just swipe original content from any site you please and post it elsewhere and then expect the originator of the content to be pleased when no credit is given. You just don't freakin' do that, Dude.

Ask, and you may use... but ALWAYS give credit. I spend thousands of dollars going to Macworld Expo and taking those pictures. I appreciate humor and parody as much as anyone, but don't you think I should at least get credit and a link to the site that may generate a few page views? That's fair, don't you think?

Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2002 21:13      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cutting out a picture of booth fluff and pasting her on a car is obviously parody.

Perhaps you should have mentioned your site and stated that you wanted to be mentioned outright, instead of running to the authorities and having my parody post deleted (I assume you did that, as I doubt you have delete capabilities and I know I didnt delete it).

I should have mentioned your site, instead of just having the parody picture link to it, thats true. My apologies.

GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2002 04:24      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rednivek:

Perhaps you should have mentioned your site and stated that you wanted to be mentioned outright, instead of running to the authorities and having my parody post deleted (I assume you did that, as I doubt you have delete capabilities and I know I didnt delete it).

I should have mentioned your site, instead of just having the parody picture link to it, thats true. My apologies.

Actually, I DID mention and link to my site when I discovered your parody use of that image. I DID NOT contact the "authorities," but a dialog between me and Nitrozac about copyright issues did follow my post about the image being stolen from my site. I never requested the thread to be deleted. I actually I expressed mixed feelings about the whole thing. On one hand, I was annoyed that an original image of mine was used without permission or credit, on the other hand, I was flattered that someone would want to use the image.

Use of my material is no big deal. I only require that I be given the opportunity to give permission, be given credit, and a link.

Apology gladly accepted.

Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2002 15:56      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not Aa.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2003 10:17      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given today's RetroJoy, I thought I'd resurrect this thread [Smile] . Superfans, enjoy! [Try and ignore the flames in here, though.]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2003 11:09      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Meet the lovely Amber...

(SEE ABOVE)

Hey, with 20,000 dollars (US, possibly Euro) worth of plastic surgery, maybe *I* can look like Amber....

[Roll Eyes] Pfschf! Yeah, right!

[Big Grin] ,
Jess

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture