homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Superfan Superpowers (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Superfan Superpowers
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2002 05:32      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now that we have a legion of SuperFans, maybe we should start dishing out some Superfan Superpowers of some sort so that we can protect all things Geek.

What do you think *your* superpowers should be ? Personally, I think I've already got the same powers as 'Captain Kibble' from the Temps books (the automatic manifestation all sorts of random and unusable junk wherever I am).

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2002 06:32      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zwilnik:
Now that we have a legion of SuperFans, maybe we should start dishing out some Superfan Superpowers of some sort so that we can protect all things Geek.

What do you think *your* superpowers should be ? Personally, I think I've already got the same powers as 'Captain Kibble' from the Temps books (the automatic manifestation all sorts of random and unusable junk wherever I am).

I, SpungoMan, am blessed with the power to consume my bodyweight in Chicken Vindaloo. I will use my mighty powers to do battle with the evil Bhaji-Man, he who brings death and destruction to the citizens of Bhunatropolis. Be gone, ye foul bearers of the unholy popadom. For yay - we mighty heroes will sing our anthem in the streets - the great song - 'Tikka to Ride'!

------------------
"Gentlemen - you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 08, 2002 09:17      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, that's a Super idea! I can't wait to see what superpowers you guys come up with, then, we should start writing the screenplay! whoo!
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2002 17:32      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the power to make some people angry and other people laugh at the same time.

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2002 19:28      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
I, SpungoMan, am blessed with the power to consume my bodyweight in Chicken Vindaloo

It's not the consumption of that much Vindaloo that's hard, it's the passing of it.

Hmmm, what would my Super Power be? I would guess it is errand running. I can deliver and pick up children "from their appointed rounds" at a speed which "makes the Indy 500 look like a Roman chariot race".

Of course I might simply have to challenge Spungo in the hot foods consumption department. After Japanese take-out, I do wasabi hits with a sake chaser. Generally, I like my food so spiced that it's psychoactive.

Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Geordie

Member # 996

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2002 21:43      Profile for Geordie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can summon the forces of Google to find the smallest and most obscure of facts whenever they are needed.
Posts: 322 | From: Fairfax Station, VA, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2002 20:36      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My superpower.. hmmm... I would have to say the main one is the ability to create total and utter silence when I am about to say something dumb or inappropriate. It's followed closely by my ability to consume enormous amounts of caffeine and make cynical remarks.

------------------
"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
-Michael Sinz

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2002 22:15      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My superpower is the ability to seem much smarter than I am.
Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2002 04:16      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, Computer Guy, A.K.A. "CG," have the ability to do a "Vulcan mind meld" with a computer or a car and determine what is wrong with it at a speed that astonishes onlookers. I also have an uncanny ability to unlock cars with a coat hanger.

I have a few other super powers, but I think the forum should be "PG."

Posts: 41 | From: Philadelphia, PA USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2002 20:29      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GraphicPower.com:
I have a few other super powers, but I think the forum should be "PG."

The whole thing, or just this topic? Ack. I don't know if I can do PG... *slinks away*

------------------
"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
-Michael Sinz

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted May 12, 2002 21:07      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super power? Well, recently I'd say Lurking. But in days gone by, I had a secret identity... and my power? Inefficiently coding inefficient code, of course.
Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
azagthoth
Member # 1224

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2002 02:26      Profile for azagthoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

What do you think *your* superpowers should be ?

According to my friends it would be the ability to consume Ale's and Lager's(preferably made in England or Ireland) at an alarming rate =)

--
Rob
If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs,
the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.

Posts: 44 | From: Boca Raton, FL, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 31, 2002 19:08      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray! I finally have time to make a reply to this thread!

Officially, Super Flippy's super power is the ability to make the bad guys change themselves into something else. As just plain Flippy, all she can do is whatever she wants to. (One of these days, I'll post the old Super Flippy comics I drew in high school online and this will all make sense.)

Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2002 19:41      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Super Flippy:
(One of these days, I'll post the old Super Flippy comics I drew in high school online and this will all make sense.)

I'll take that as a promise I am eagerly looking forward to it.

Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Janeway
Assimilated
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2002 21:49      Profile for Janeway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My superpower is the ability to talk over people's head, which is not hard, considering the people I'm surrounded by IRL. My second superpower is the ability to cook food that only I find enjoyable, which also is not hard, considering the people I'm surrounded by IRL. I seem to be the only person within a 30-mile radius who actually likes guacomole.
Posts: 468 | From: Cyberspace, Delta Quadrant | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
joho
Newbie Larva
Member # 1184

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 03, 2002 00:46      Profile for joho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the power to spend a whole day at work doing absolutely nothing job-related and still get paid!
Posts: 5 | From: Oslo, Norway | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted June 03, 2002 08:21      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the power to make money naked.

(Errr ... did I cross the good taste line there?)

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 03, 2002 12:17      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alien Investor:
(Errr ... did I cross the good taste line there?)

Actually, that's another one of our Super Fan superpowers: the ability to declare what is and is not tasteful. I therefore declare that your comment was just fine, and funny to boot.

Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 04, 2002 04:55      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Chump a.k.a. the Chumplord, evilly able to be twisted by anyone willing to dish out a incorrect fact with a straight face, he is most gullible of all. For he is no ordinary Chump, he is the Chumplord. His strange powers are the ability to drink three people under the table consecutively, his Hyper-Autodrive ability which allows him to hide the fact that he is sleeping by putting his body into a state where it can act autonomasly powered inly by caffeine and the four hours of sleep it had three days ago.

Chumplord A.K.A. The Chump

Str 16
Sta 18
Con 14
Dex 9
Wis 13
Int 16

AC -4
THAC0 5
ALI Chaotic Neutral

------------------
Vedi Vidi Velcro
"I came, I saw, I stuck around"

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted December 08, 2002 17:18      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I already have my Super Powers:

code:
This wandering spirit seems to be everywhere at once! He is quick to supply an
answer -- sometimes even a correct one -- whether asked or not. He is most
often accompanied by one or more computers.

He can touch to correct spelling, touch to debug trivial software problems
(leaving the major flaws intact), and touch to install Linux.

I'll give 10 points to anyone who can name the source for that quote.
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 08, 2002 22:05      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was it your teacher, writing on your report card? [Wink]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2002 05:28      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, sorry. [Smile]
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted December 09, 2002 12:44      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess #2... Linus Torvalds, a workshop evaluation, ... in the dining room, with the candlesticks!
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted December 09, 2002 13:08      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The power of anti-gravity...my thoughts float away from me, effortlessly. (Also the power of poetry) [Wink]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted December 09, 2002 16:59            Edit/Delete Post 
Being the Human Goldfish, I have the ability to forget anything, very quickly ;)
IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture