homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » How to annoy a noisy neighbour

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to annoy a noisy neighbour
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 04, 2002 16:11      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just had our extra annoying upstairs neighbours playing full on rave music very loud into the midnight hours. Knocking on their door didn't help (it didn't work for the people from 2 rows across either), so I bluetacked their entryphone button down

ah, peacefull bliss !

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2002 17:07      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful.

------------------
"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."
-Michael Sinz

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2002 17:13      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zwilnik:
so I bluetacked their entryphone button down

Sounds dastardly! Care to explain?

Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2002 18:55      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Large lump of blu-tack (not sure if it's called the same in the States, but it's the blue, tacky stuff you use for sticking posters up) on their entry phone button holding it in. Means they'll have a constantly ringing entry phone.

It worked for about 1/2 an hour until they sussed out what was happening, then they put the music back on full blast. So I called the police and got a noise nuisance report put on them. If they get done for persistant noise nuisances (they seem to like the loud music every weekend thing), then the council will confiscate their stereo.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted May 06, 2002 02:27      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah... apartment living. Apartments could be constructed to isolate noise, but they almost never are. I had a problem with a neighbor once. He was not a chronic noisemaker, but one Saturday night he was having a birthday party... a kegger. It started around 6 PM with the loud music. I went to bed around 12:30 and was disturbed by loud thumps, etc. I went and rang his bell.

I said, "It's after midnight. It's time to tone your party down."

His response (with a mug of beer in his hand,) "I only do this once a year."

I said, "Be that as it may, it is still after midnight and it's time to tone your party down. I'm sure you can comply with that," and I started to walk away.

He said, "Wait a minute.. listen to me."

I said, "I've been listening to you for over 6 hours. It's time to tone your party down. My bedroom is on the other side of your living room wall."

He said, "At least I don't wake you up romping in the bed in the middle of the night."

Well.... that was the wrong thing to say! I grabbed him by the collar, swung him around and slammed him up against the wall. "You're not listening!" I said. "It's time to tone your party down!"

That seemed to work. He chose to tone the party down rather than get his ass kicked. Never had a noise problem from him again. Good thing he didn't gather his buddies together to come over to my apartment and kick *my* ass.

Posts: 41 | From: Philadelphia, PA USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2002 04:56      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you tone down the romping?

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2002 13:48      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rednivek:
Did you tone down the romping?

'Course not. He never actually complained. Of course, I've got lots of endurance but I seldom go on for 6 1/2 hours. Two hours, tops.

Posts: 41 | From: Philadelphia, PA USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted May 08, 2002 09:22      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This thread is almost sounding like a "you know you're getting old when..." heh.

Zwil, great spy vs spy revenge!

Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted May 08, 2002 17:29      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have the letter from my apartment complex (back a couple years) threatening to kick me out if they had "one more episode of the sound of someone playing drums" reported to them.

It was classic, because I was moving out when I got it.

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture