homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » SECRETS REVEALED: TTB 5! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: SECRETS REVEALED: TTB 5!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 11, 2002 20:21      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, because we pamper our SuperFans, we're going to let you in on a bit of an AY2K Skunkworks Project that was never completed..... The Fifth TTB!

She was to be introduced during the Tubes Rock period, shortly after the Go-Go Club opened, but somehow we never got around to including her in the storyline. Her background, a member of a top secret Japanese astronaut team, she had been sent into deep space orbit prior to the Ay2k bug. She was all set to crash-land in her escape pod just outside of Kurts.... but alas, that cartoon reality never happened.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present to you Candi, the Fifth TTB! Lost, but not forgotten.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 11, 2002 20:25      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice. Can't wait to see how she enters into the storyline.

------------------
Stay alert!
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2002 20:25      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's it!

I am leaving!

Okay, I'm back.

She's cool!

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 12, 2002 06:52      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awww... jeez... Now I have a new favorite... I'm just a sucker for exotic-looking brunettes!

Very cool!

Any chance she may still make an appearance?

=bd

too stunned to think of a pithy saying to put here

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2002 07:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm still a fan of Fawn . And it just occurred to me that the somewhat popular singer is actually the second "New Brandy."
Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2002 08:26      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As the button on my monitor says, 'My heart belongs to Brandy'. Although other bits of me are under different contracts and could easily be hired out to Candi

I definitely like the potential plotline, but just think of the chaos as the geeks scramble over Candi's ship to salvage all the semiconductors!

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 12, 2002 10:21      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Rednivek:
That's it!

I am leaving!

Okay, I'm back.

She's cool!

Ha Ha ! I tend to find that I need to print it off first, but that maybe just age.

------------------
"You mean you've been up here in all this beastly mud and oomska without
wellingtons? This afternoon I shall take you both into Penrith and get you
fitted with some good quality rubber boots."

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sword Jumper Poet
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 1186

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2002 23:20      Profile for Sword Jumper Poet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what my fortune cookie is going to say.

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 13, 2002 07:29      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I sold out a long time ago and will go on as a willing slave of the SysAdmin.

Bring on Candi, but bring back the SysAdmin .

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2002 07:41      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Platform heel space boots. Nice touch. Everyone should wear sensible space shoes.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted March 13, 2002 09:11      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In honor (or honour, if you prefer) of the Fifth TTB, I have officially named my new server "Candi".

Candi is a Blue & White PowerMac G3/350, running OS X Server 10.1.3, and, since their outfits are so similar, I thought it would be appropriate.

Candi is in the process of getting everything installed and moved from its previous home, a PowerMac 8500/132 that's been running System 7.5 since the winter of 1996. With a 1GB internal drive, 80MB of RAM, and a 4GB external drive, this Relic has served me well, with hardly a crash or restart in the last 6 years. Definitely the Lazarus Long of servers, the 2 partitions on the 4GB drive were named Lapis Lazuli and Lorelei Lee, after Lazarus' twin daughter-clones.

If all goes well, the transition from Lazarus to Candi should be complete by the weekend. Additional enhancements will be installed in the coming weeks.

geekin' on...

=bd

Candi rocks!

Posts: 604 | From: The Wizards of Technology Binary Bunker | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
omega996
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1176

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted March 13, 2002 10:35      Profile for omega996   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmmm, she reminds me of a friend of mine i used to hang out with, esp. with the bettie page hairstyle.
*drool*

Posts: 46 | From: brea, ca | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 13, 2002 11:06      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmmm, i wonder how come everyone posting to this topic so far is a guy [i think]....

------------------
.--. .-. --- - ---

Posts: 250 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2002 18:54      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TechnoGram:
hmmmm, i wonder how come everyone posting to this topic so far is a guy [i think]....

Maybe Nitrozac needs to draw more Tech-Talking Hunks.

Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted March 13, 2002 18:57      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rw:
Maybe Nitrozac needs to draw more Tech-Talking Hunks.

Oh -- but I haven't sent her my picture yet. D'oh!

Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2002 08:43      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalBill:
In honor (or honour, if you prefer) of the Fifth TTB, I have officially named my new server "Candi".

Candi is a Blue & White PowerMac G3/350, running OS X Server 10.1.3, and, since their outfits are so similar, I thought it would be appropriate.

Well DB, I have a similar server but it's outfit is quite different.

But sometimes my server is in a more partiotic mood

The outfits are from my favorite computer boutique http:macskinz.com

Posts: 41 | From: Philadelphia, PA USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2002 11:52      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They also do clear ones so that you can paint your own (on the inside, so it's glossy).
A TTB one would rock !

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2002 15:40      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zwilnik:
They also do clear ones so that you can paint your own (on the inside, so it's glossy).
A TTB one would rock !

i betcha lots of geeks would want one with a ttb or sysadmin painted on. maybe nitrozac could paint them to order, to help with costs. nitrozac, snaggy?

------------------
.--. .-. --- - ---

Posts: 250 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 17, 2002 21:10      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GraphicPower.com:
Well DB, I have a similar server but it's outfit is quite different.
But sometimes my server is in a more partiotic mood
The outfits are from my favorite computer boutique http:macskinz.com

Those are really cool... I saw those at MacWorld in SF ib January! I'm trying to get our puchasing department to carry them in the store...

=db

I may have to get some for Candi

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2002 00:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started a new thread about skins and paintings here.

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted May 30, 2002 15:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just hated to see Candi at the bottom of the threads.
GraphicPower.com
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1180

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted May 31, 2002 14:53      Profile for GraphicPower.com   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
I just hated to see Candi at the bottom of the threads.

I was wonderin' about that. Seemztame I had seen the tread before, and as I looked at it and saw my post, it all came rushing back like spit into the wind.

The Macskinz folks will have new skinz for the iBook and maybe TiBook at Macworld Expo in July.

------------------
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. -George Carlin
Gra
phicPower-News and
Views for the Graphics
Industry

Posts: 41 | From: Philadelphia, PA USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted August 03, 2002 09:43      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I miss Candi!
DigitalBill

Member # 646

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 06, 2002 07:10      Profile for DigitalBill   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
I miss Candi!

I talk to her every day! You can too!

=bd

well, at least my mail client does

Frost
Geek
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted August 06, 2002 19:45      Profile for Frost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't there a song called Candi by the Cars?
Posts: 217 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture