homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » non-psycho in need of assistance (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: non-psycho in need of assistance
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 07:18      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Alien Investor:
It looks like Gresham's Law operates in the dating pool.

Here's my personal test: when I'm attracted to a woman, I imagine that she's a man. (Yeah, I know, I am wide open for Spungo here). If she were a man, would I still be interested in hanging out with her and having a friendly relationship with her? That separates out the physical attraction from the character attraction.

Umm...what exactly are you leaving wide open for him???? [Confused] [Wink]
Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 07:35      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
personally i don't think that snups or spungo are turning these boards into a dung heap of profanity, innuendo and sleaze. it's everyone else's dirty subconsciouses (???) that is bringing down these boards. i mean, leaving myself wide open???

i hold my peace m'lud

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 07:43      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as for the women i get off with, and i admit it's a sad reflection of myself, but they fall into 3 groups:

1. desperate for sex, willing to grab the nearest living thing, normally very drunk, can't remember my name in the morning

2. (s)mothering types, who want to look after poor cheezi, who duck out of dealing with their own issues by dominating their bf and treating them like incapable children, and would be much better off with a rat-dog on a lead, or a budgerigar in a cage

3. mad, unstable, drama queens, who-have-had/are-in-the-middle-of/will-very-soon-have a nervous breakdown. one of my ex-gf spent 6 months in a mental asylum shortly after breaking up with me, and another still rings me up at 3 in the morning, to tell me that even after almost 2 years she knows that i really want to get back with her, and that i'm just playing mind games with her to hurt her, by pretending i don't love her.

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 07:44      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] I always thought an innuendo was an Italian suppository. [Confused]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 07:54      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
[Confused] I always thought an innuendo was an Italian suppository. [Confused]

lol

or maybe it's the greek custom of introducing a steel rod into your appendage...

--------------------

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 09:21      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
[Some types you might want to look into:
  • Women who were Catholic/private school girls (1: all that religion-nastiness has turned them away from the light [heehee!])
  • Women who thought The Ring was the scariest movie ever, and it's the reason why they want to go see it again... and again... (1: 'nough said)
  • Women who did obscenely strange, criminal-like things to their Barbies when they were little
  • Women who wouldn't be embarrassed if you wore her knickers and/or a suit of red, yellow, or purple velvet
... They're not crazy!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
[Smile]

Umm... is that a hint? [blush]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Alien Investor
Highlie
Member # 242

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted November 05, 2002 09:49      Profile for Alien Investor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
Umm...what exactly are you leaving wide open for him???? [Confused] [Wink]

Oh, come on, like you've never left yourself wide open for Spungo! [Razz]

--------------------
"love without fear"

Posts: 627 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 11:44      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by graphicrevolution:
Okay, this is horribly bad, but here it goes;
I just decided to start dating again. The problem is, my BS detector is consistantly on the fritz and I keep finding crazy, crazy girls.

Can we work out a trade?

Lately I've been running into a lot of normal, normal ones.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted November 05, 2002 16:46      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
personally i don't think that snups or spungo are turning these boards into a dung heap of profanity, innuendo and sleaze.

Umm...who said we were??
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 16:55      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
quote:
I have a similar problem with guys. I always seem to attract the freaks. Even the ones who seemed normal at first turned out to be freaks. I've come to the conclusion you can't tell, so I'm just staying out of the game.

darn, and I was just gonna send out an invite too [Razz] .......Z
Sorry to rain on your parade. [Smile]
gee, If I knew it was gonna rain I would have made white t-shirts mandatory [Happytears] .....Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
graphicrevolution
Mini Geek
Member # 1748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 18:31      Profile for graphicrevolution   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, I WILL hold an umbrella parade, so rain won't matter. That test werein I think of the girls as a guy isn't bad... I think i need to get out of my town. my town is a beautiful combination of trailer trash, SUV snobs, and heroin addicts, so that could be part of the problem.. for the record, I don't mind freaky girls, just "If you don't call me every two hours I'll take it as rejection and kill myself"-freaky girls. OR, the "I really like you, 'cause you can make my existing bf jealous"-freaky...they suck, too..
Posts: 61 | From: outside philadelphia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2002 17:02      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bees:

Maybe [Smile] I have many yummy characteristics.

At least, both Bees and I think that of myself.

There's really nothing wrong with me, honest!

*Darts around*

*nervous look*

"Neehhhh...!!" *pulls out dagger, waving it infront of her* "Don't touch me!"

quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
*rolls eyes and sighs at Twinkle Toes and wanders away*

Yes, you do that! I really thought it quite rude of you ... tisk TISK, Uilleann. Just because I don't like to have 'meaningful' conversations *all* the time doesn't mean I don't have anything intellectual to say or that I can't be serious/mature. I like the way I am! The only reason you protested is because I'm lively and versatile, and you're jealous of it. [Cool] [Razz]
Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2002 20:48      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heh heh. My dear boy, everyone is psycho in his or her own special way. Come to terms with it.

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2002 23:12      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's it? Wow, you really *are* losing it, Coffee [Wink] [Smile] ...

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2002 10:45      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
quote:
Originally posted by Bees:

Maybe [Smile] I have many yummy characteristics.

Well, *that* I already knew [Wink]
Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2002 11:13      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
gee, If I knew it was gonna rain I would have made white t-shirts mandatory [Happytears] .....Z

For guys too, right?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 09, 2002 12:53            Edit/Delete Post 
What, you want to eye up all their hairy chests? ;)
IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 09, 2002 14:42      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
eew.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted November 10, 2002 16:35      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

For guys too, right?
ummm, I didn't plan on there being any other guys, I'm a greedy bastard [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] ....Z
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2002 22:32      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Yes you are. Selfish too. Bonus points for being honest about it though. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2002 15:21      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yes. Yes you are. Selfish too. Bonus points for being honest about it though. [Big Grin]

thanks, I find it easier to get along with people if they know what to expect ..........Z
Thanatos
Mini Geek
Member # 1834

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2002 15:18      Profile for Thanatos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night a friend of mine said "You know, I know I don't know what you are looking for. I know what you AREN'T looking for: Anyone who says 'I' or 'Me' too much, anyone who says 'You' too much, and anyone who gets paid by the hour. I think the last one is a bit harsh, in my opinion, but he has a point, as the last girl I dated was a photographer at walmart. hm. The first two are good rules of thumb though--no one too self absorbed, and no one too accusatory. look for ambition and mental stability too--depression isn't a horrible thing to deal with if properly treated, and just because someone doesn't see a shrink it doesn't mean they're 'okay'...conversely, just because someone does, it doesn't mean they are crazy. I'm all for the mental stability thing! [Smile]
Posts: 87 | From: I don't dare say | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
graphicrevolution
Mini Geek
Member # 1748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2002 21:54      Profile for graphicrevolution   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to be pretty critical of what people did for a living, like as if they're vocation somehow dictated there self-worth..Then a year and a half ago, I lost my hip, well paying graphic design job..I've done freelance stuff here and there, but frankly, I've just ended up working at a borders books and music for half of what I used to make..Now, as much as that sucks, I've learned two invaluable things; 1) Just because somebody gets "paid by the hour", it doesn't mean they lack drive or ambition..everyone has to start somewhere.. 2) I was NEVER a better person just because I had a cooler job, or more money, actually, the worst person I ever was happened to be when I had the cool career.
Now, I try to judge people by different standards..

Posts: 61 | From: outside philadelphia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2002 22:08      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, I've been both salaried and a wage slave, and I kinda prefer the hourly wage. I make more money that way.

Surgeons who haven't sold themselves to an HMO get an hourly wage. Does that make their job "lowly"?

--------------------
- The Decemberists

SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2002 22:43      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I wish I was paid by the hour. Especially when I work insane hours. Never less that 40 a week, on occasion easily twice that. That would be some beautiful overtime... then again, even a comp day after 24 solid hours would be nice. The only way to get that is make your boss afraid you are mentally unstable from sleep deprivation and likely to say or do things he will have to apologize for.

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture