homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » does anyone else have certain celebs that annoy them for no reason?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: does anyone else have certain celebs that annoy them for no reason?
addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted August 15, 2003 22:24      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well I do--

Jessica Simpson and her boy band husband- dont ask me why they just irritate me- - in fact they make me ill and I have no real basis for this hate- I just do.

Ditto Mandy Moore

--------------------
My LiveJournal|homepage- shameless, I know

Posts: 823 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted August 16, 2003 00:53      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see if I can remember all their names...

In no particular order:

Mandy Moore, Jessica Simpson, Brittney Spears, and that whole scene
N'SYNC, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, and that whole scene
Ja Rule, 'P. Diddy', those 50-cent people, and that whole scene
Nicole Kitman
Julia Roberts
Warren Baty
Clint Eastwood
Vin Diesel
Adam Sandler (though I liked Waterboy and Happy Gilmore)
The Olson Twins
Bob Saggat (sometimes)

Hmm, I believe that's it for now. Two-bit chippies...

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Allan
SuperFan!
Member # 1717

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 16, 2003 02:10      Profile for Allan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only certain celebrities huh? Do I care what [insert celebrity name] thinks, wears, eats? bet your life I don't.
Posts: 1280 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland / Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
unclefungus
Highlie
Member # 2118

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 16, 2003 05:24      Profile for unclefungus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really hate that little Wil Wheaton punk. He annoyed the hell outta me on ST:TNG just for being that stupid little dork, and then I saw the jerk he really is on that ST: Who Wants to be a Millionaire show. And after that I found www.WilWheaton.net! I really don't like this guy!

Oh yeah, I don't like Eminimem either.

--------------------
Professional software should not have dancing paperclips.

Posts: 613 | From: changes, right now it's Jacksonville or Fayetteville | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
aberrantgeek
Geek
Member # 2336

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2003 19:23      Profile for aberrantgeek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dont hate celebrities for no reasons. i have very sound and logical reasons for hating them with a passion. example avirl lavigne, she sucks her music sucks she pretends she is punk when in fact she is pop. another example TATU, so now its kewl to be gay yeah its kind of kewl for a while but when you get dumped for a girl its not that fun.

--------------------
"Everyone's life sucks" -Jerry Seinfield

AIM SN=aberrantgeek

Posts: 106 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
smallerdemon
Geek
Member # 635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2003 10:26      Profile for smallerdemon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Madonna.

--------------------
That's using your brainium!

Posts: 214 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Punk Rawk Poet
Assimilated
Member # 2174

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2003 20:02      Profile for Punk Rawk Poet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aberrantgeek:
i dont hate celebrities for no reasons. i have very sound and logical reasons for hating them with a passion. example avirl lavigne, she sucks her music sucks she pretends she is punk when in fact she is pop. another example TATU, so now its kewl to be gay yeah its kind of kewl for a while but when you get dumped for a girl its not that fun.

Lets not be so down on Avril eh? If you don't like her music, fine, but to say anyone isn;t punk, well that's crap. What does it mean to be punk, really? If she's dressing the way she wants and is happy enough with it, why does she have to scream into a microphone and play mindless powerchords? That said, I think Avril is a really refreshing thing in pop music today. She's being herself instead of some slutty made up bimbo.

As for celebs that piss me off, well, Tom Cruise for one. And any of those comercialized sellout punk bands that have watered their music down so as to make more money (I'm talking to you SUM 41 and Good Charolette) [devil wand]

--------------------
The cat came back...
~A song from my primary school days

Posts: 447 | From: Boringville , USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
evilbibo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2003 20:14            Edit/Delete Post 
Um but she is prefab pop"punk (hate to even use that term but thats what the record co. is calling her)" with an image created by the record company as most of the teen bands are and have been for years and years. They have the band and the songs all set to go then they look for a "cute" face to sell their product with.

quote:
Originally posted by Punk Rawk Poet:
Lets not be so down on Avril eh? If you don't like her music, fine, but to say anyone isn;t punk, well that's crap. What does it mean to be punk, really? If she's dressing the way she wants and is happy enough with it, why does she have to scream into a microphone and play mindless powerchords? That said, I think Avril is a really refreshing thing in pop music today. She's being herself instead of some slutty made up bimbo.

As for celebs that piss me off, well, Tom Cruise for one. And any of those comercialized sellout punk bands that have watered their music down so as to make more money (I'm talking to you SUM 41 and Good Charolette) [devil wand] [/QB]

IP: Logged
addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2003 22:25      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by evilbibo:
Um but she is prefab pop"punk (hate to even use that term but thats what the record co. is calling her)" with an image created by the record company as most of the teen bands are and have been for years and years. They have the band and the songs all set to go then they look for a "cute" face to sell their product with.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

I totally agree, Avril doesn't even write her own music to my knowledge and a stylist tells her what to wear- its just the way the music industry works...

--------------------
My LiveJournal|homepage- shameless, I know

Tyler Durden
Highlie
Member # 1545

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2003 00:27      Profile for Tyler Durden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Punk Rawk Poet:
quote:
Originally posted by aberrantgeek:

Meh...Avril was originally going to be the next big thing in country before she figured out that there was more money to be had in pop. She was originally discovered by Shania Twain if that helps. I remember way back when no one had heard of her and she got a big gig on Letterman, and she was all dolled up and pretty and not hopping around like she was having a seizure.

--------------------
that's it sir, you're leaving...the crackle of pig skin...the dust and the screaming...the yuppies networking
the panic...the vomit...the panic...the vomit
god loves his children...god loves his children...yeah

Posts: 682 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted August 18, 2003 03:27      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update:

SUM 41, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, and most pop-punk bands
Avril Lavigne
Tom Cruise
Bon Jovi
Freddie Prince Jr.
Elvis (sort of)
Kathie Lee Gifford (I'm sure there are reasons I don't know about)

BTW, I probably don't have logical reasons for the ones I've listed as 'and most'/'and that whole scene' as a whole, but I probably do individually. It's just easier to sum them up that way... and I'm somewhat lazy.

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden: and she was all dolled up and pretty and not hopping around like she was having a seizure.
Oh yeah, that reminds me - Alanis Morissette.

I also loathe Barbara Streisand, but it's because of her voice and bad acting. Oh, and Lassie is over-rated...

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

FatGnome
Highlie
Member # 1068

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2003 07:13      Profile for FatGnome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tine Dayly or however you say it. Ack the woman drives me nutso. I can't watch Judging Amy because I can't stand that woman. I have no idea why just don't like her at all. Maybe it is the whole looking like a monkey thing I don't know. Any way I am sure she is nice in person but on screen ack I can't stand to watch.

--------------------
What a complete and utter waste of time to read my Signature don't you think?

Posts: 559 | From: Idaho | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2003 07:30      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lucille Ball. Even though she's dead, she still pollutes the airwaves with her insipid comedy. I wish she wasn't dead so I could kill her. [evil]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 18, 2003 13:24      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Twinkle Toes:
Kathie Lee Gifford (I'm sure there are reasons I don't know about)

Yes! My sentiments exactly, Twink. She must be eliminated [devil wand]

Anyway, some others on my list include:

David and Victoria Beckham
The Backstreet Boys (especially Nick)
Jennifer Lopez
Vin Diesel
Tiffany Amber Thiessen (and pretty much everyone from Beverly Hills 90210)

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 19, 2003 03:18      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update:

Jennifer Love Hewett
Sarah Michelle Gellar
'Giselle', the VS model
Bette Midler
And yes, Lucille Ball! I hate all her whining shit.

Gosh, I really dislike celebrities. [Smile]

I'd also put down that Phil guy from Carpet Cents, but I don't consider him a celebrity. He always says he's going to lose weight but all he does is gain, damnit! Get off your lard-ass and run, Fatty, run!

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2003 07:04      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't stand Kelly Ripa. Have you ever tried to watch her "hosting" the morning show with Regis? She's a complete airhead who has never learned how to be on stage - half the time she turns the back of her head to the camera! She interrupts, she flails around like a hyperactive four-year-old: Totally irritating.

I also am annoyed by Hillary Duff, but that's probably because of her role as hip-yet-wholesome salesgirl for All Things Disney.

Oh, and Ryan Seacrest. Ick. Eat a sandwich and stop with the botox, buddy.

Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2003 08:21      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Super Flippy:
I can't stand Kelly Ripa. Have you ever tried to watch her "hosting" the morning show with Regis?

Oh, so that's what her last name is. I had the tragic misfortune to be stuck in a waiting room one day while she was on the television. I think she's on something... crack, maybe. God, at least I hope that's not her normal personality.

I could mention Rush Limbaugh, but that's not even fair. It's his job to piss off anyone who's capable of thought, and he's damned good at it.

Also high on the list, even though I think he's been mentioned already, is Sean "Puff Daddy" "P. Diddy" Combs, or whatever name he goes by this month. If there's any justice in the universe, he'll implode in a drug- or gun-related scandal of some sort, possibly killing himself in the process. I know I wouldn't be shedding any tears over it.

Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2003 11:26      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] Celine 'Ferret Face' Dion
[Mad] That a-hole Dr Phil
[Mad] Lars Ulrich (Metallica's drummer)
[Mad] Hugh 'blinks too much' Grant
[Mad] Mike Mac Donald (Canadian Comedian)
[Mad] George Bush (both)  -

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 19, 2003 11:29      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
[Mad] Celine 'Ferret Face' Dion

ditto that!
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 19, 2003 15:07      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All you Kelly Ripa "fans" might enjoy this news item. I'm sure our Canadian friends will love it!
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 19, 2003 15:22      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:
All you Kelly Ripa "fans" might enjoy this news item. I'm sure our Canadian friends will love it!

[Big Grin] What an idiot....she is pretty easy on the eyes though I must say.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
unclefungus
Highlie
Member # 2118

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted August 19, 2003 18:18      Profile for unclefungus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really think the entertainment part of the television/actor/music industy has gone down hill as of late (last 10 years). More and more TV personalites are not. and I find myself not watching the news becuase of the reporters and thier attitude. I watch more cartoon network and national geopraphic than anything. there are very few good televsion shows on any more.

(aside) I made a statment that Fox had gone done hill recently, someone countered. We turned on fox as they were showing "The Glutton Bowl." I rest my case.

anyway I think real acting is a lost art and people are just brainwashed into sitting infront of the glowing box, more so than appriciating it for how it revolutionized communications. I forgot how much I really could live without tevelsion, the day my roommate got cable.

I do watch every once -in-a-while, but it gets on my nerves and don't even get me started on commercials.......

--------------------
Professional software should not have dancing paperclips.

Posts: 613 | From: changes, right now it's Jacksonville or Fayetteville | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture