homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » ysdrbotDoourawomennkuaBss

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ysdrbotDoourawomennkuaBss
BellaDonna
Geek
Member # 2123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 13, 2003 12:21      Profile for BellaDonna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About a month ago I was looking for books for my vacation. So off to Barnes and Nobels I went and ran across the book Angels and Demons. The cover looked good, and being that I thought it was about vampires, I thought it would be a good read. For starters it wasn't about vampires. It was about topics much more scientific and artistic, and I couldn't put it down! After we got back from vacation I knew I had to find more books by the author, Dan Brown. To my surprise his current book is one I've been hearing about, The DiVinci Code. So I ended up buy it along with his other two novels, Deception Point and Digital Fortress.

These books are amazing (though I'm just now starting to read The DiVinci Code, and I already want to do nothing BUT read it)! I just wanted to share...

--------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein

SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2003 12:26      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah i have heard that the Davinci code is an amazing book. since ill be in the neighborhood of the local barnes and nobles this weekend i think ill go pick it up

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Punk Rawk Poet
Assimilated
Member # 2174

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted June 17, 2003 12:45      Profile for Punk Rawk Poet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I didn't have a reading list as big as a small African country already I'd pick it up, Vatican conspiracies are intresting and who knows, maybe even true. The only thing that would stop me is that so many people like it, how could so many people be right?

--------------------
The cat came back...
~A song from my primary school days

Posts: 447 | From: Boringville , USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
BellaDonna
Geek
Member # 2123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2003 06:32      Profile for BellaDonna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Punk Rawk Poet: I think people like it for many different reasons. Its got art, science, puzzles, SOME romance, action, suspense, and so on. I think if you asked a group of people who have read it why they like I'm sure you'll get a variety of answers. For me its how Dan Brown takes facts, and instead of writing a dry non-fiction book, he mixes these facts in with suspenseful fiction that teaches you something new without boring you to death! And all his novels are like this. Personally I liked Angels and Demons better than The DaVinci Code (I'm about 3/4 through The DaVinci Code), but that's just me.
Slurpy
Highlie
Member # 2050

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 18, 2003 12:10      Profile for Slurpy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Punk Rawk Poet:
The only thing that would stop me is that so many people like it, how could so many people be right?

It happens occasionally. I like pizza and breathing. You like pizza and breathing. Most people like pizza and breathing.

Flukes happen, too.

"Braaahhgarble!"
-Flukeman

--------------------
I must first reveal my personal bias in this discussion, since I worship at the 'First Church of PDF Really Sucks.'
-Bruce Tognazzini
http://thegeekgroup.org
Geek ID# 1162

Posts: 692 | From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TouchStone
Mini Geek
Member # 1453

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 20, 2003 22:52      Profile for TouchStone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sold! I'm going to Amazon right now! [Wink] And . . . well . . . add it to my wishlist.
Posts: 81 | From: Behind a coffee cup | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture