homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Does anyone remember the G4 Cube?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone remember the G4 Cube?
NefariousAnthony
Geek
Member # 1720

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2002 13:21      Profile for NefariousAnthony   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I was walking in the halls yesterday, I suddenly thought about the G4 Cube. I mean out of nowhere, and now I cant get it out of my head! I'm running internet searches, looking through eBay, I've even asked my parents for one for Chirstmas. Does anyone else out there have this fascination?
Posts: 201 | From: The Deep South, y'all | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
RickYaeger

SuperFan!
Member # 1512

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2002 13:33      Profile for RickYaeger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still looking to get myself a Newton.

--------------------
==
One Question Interviews
JoT#534

Posts: 45 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
NefariousAnthony
Geek
Member # 1720

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2002 13:35      Profile for NefariousAnthony   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I should ask for one of those too . . . I'll keep my open. But in the mean time, there are some on eBay.
NefariousAnthony
Geek
Member # 1720

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2002 13:37      Profile for NefariousAnthony   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOPS! I meant to say 'my eye open' not 'my open'
splash5
Geek Larva
Member # 1807

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted November 22, 2002 06:43      Profile for splash5   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. It's the new iMac with me. [Wink]

--------------------
Splash! ;)

littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2002 08:00      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I own one of the little beauties. Actually it is rather good. Unfortunately the graphics card in mine doesn't support quartz extreme so as yet there is no jaguar goodness for me. I don't really have the money/guts to hack it up to fit a better card in. It is possible I know. Another thing I want is one of those lovely dual G4 800 Mhz cards to fit inside it. The trouble is, all of these things have fans, and I like my silent cube. I have a feeling that I'll end up keeping it as is, and just buy a whole new machine when I am rich. For now though, it is a great machine.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
TORDONOFFON
Geek
Member # 1532

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 23, 2002 02:14      Profile for TORDONOFFON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin] Remember the cube ? I guess so... I been outta town for a month but I am pretty sure it's sitting on my desk right now beside my beautiful 17 inch studio display and my soundsticks with the iSub woofer by HK. Sounds very great. With a Gig and a half of RAM I plan on running it forever or till one of us dies. I thought about upgrading to a faster processor but I too fear the FAN. The guy I bought it from on eBay said his OTHER cube had a after mark video card and the fan bothered him. Anyway I think the RAM is much more important than the Mhz. Don't hate me because I own the MOST BEAUTIFUL COMPUTER EVER MADE ! I thought the new iMac was beautiful too, but NOT more so. What's that about no Jaguar ? Werks fur me. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [blush] [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
He had SUCH potential !

Posts: 103 | From: Annapolis Wa. USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 27, 2002 06:13      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What I meant about not getting jaguar is that the graphics card I have ( a rage 128) is not supported for quartz extreme. QE means that the heavy graphics load of osx is run by the graphics card rather than the processor so the whole shebang runs much faster. If I had a better card I wouldn't hesiate to upgrade, but I don't really want to spend the money unless I am getting a big performance boost. 10.1 is fine for me, and I think I will just wait for 10.3 before I put down another pile of cash.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture