homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Gateway Logo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gateway Logo
Minsc
Assimilated
Member # 1300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2002 08:25      Profile for Minsc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Despite all previous bashing of this company I must admit... I sure do like their new logo. Clever integration of the "1-0" switch.

Their Profile is still a blasphemously ugly piece of gargage though.

Posts: 419 | From: at home or work | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2002 09:18      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, I don't really like it that much. I really preferred the gold 'G' logo of old, back when they were "Gateway 2000," a name I'm certain they changed around the time when the Y2K bug became a public issue. Fox is still Twentieth Century Fox, so I could see them still being Gateway 2000. I don't think much of Gateway these days. I really like Dell (sorry folks, that's my opinion).

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
QuiGonValjean
Geek
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2002 03:56      Profile for QuiGonValjean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What was they thinking?! At first glance, it just looks like a C with a line through it. Once you figure out it's the logo for Gateway, then it kinda makes sense. Why'd they have to go and change it on us, anyway? I mean, they still have good PC computers, but I don't know about that logo . . .
Posts: 143 | From: the land of everlasting Dr. Pepper, Snickers, and Turkey Hill Iced Tea | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
csm

SuperFan!
Member # 1281

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2002 04:26      Profile for csm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't figure out if that is supposed to be Gateway's logo, or one of those end pieces off of the old sand hourglass timers they used to have in the 70s.

(And yes, I am dating myself, which makes it pretty hard to get a double date).

--------------------
Objects in signature are funnier than they appear.

Posts: 34 | From: A well connected outhouse in Michigan | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
EngrBohn
Uber Geek
Member # 476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2002 09:25      Profile for EngrBohn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a teleconference phone to me...

--------------------
cb
Oooh! What does this button do!?

Posts: 987 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Charisma
Assimilated
Member # 1164

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 03, 2002 15:23      Profile for Charisma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like it. It's clean, modern, good. Too bad the company still sucks. I mean, AOL comes with the computer for God's sake!

--------------------
http://www.basseq.com

Posts: 404 | From: right behind you; in the shadows | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Minsc
Assimilated
Member # 1300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2002 04:41      Profile for Minsc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by EngrBohn:
Looks like a teleconference phone to me...

LOL! You're right, come to think of it!
iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 01, 2002 08:13      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gateway's logo appear very simple and combine with cow's symbol and computer. It's easy to realize that what company is.

I kinda miss the funny cow over the website just few months ago. Yes, I used own Gateway 333c. It's easy to fix and addition-in hardware. Lot of bug -- ugh. That's why I brough iBook, it make my life so easy. Great video card, movie, excellent color/light monitor and use for travel. [Wink]

--------------------
[color=blue]My brain is loading, please wait...[/color]

Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2002 20:02      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a power symbol rotated on a cow spot? or are you supposed to put a key in that thing?

looks like crud to me

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted November 02, 2002 19:49            Edit/Delete Post 
Totally off-topic here, but hey...
I looked at csm's avatar and was thinking about the forum's avatar selection, looked down at EngrBohn's, and suddenly thought - doesn't that look like him? Dug out his photo and oh, what a likeness, it's uncanny... And not being a SuperFan that I can see, it's not a photoshop jobbie either...

Now, why did it take me so long to realise? I guess I just never put two and two together before... D'oh

IP: Logged
Minsc
Assimilated
Member # 1300

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2002 14:35      Profile for Minsc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by uilleann:
Totally off-topic here, but hey...
I looked at csm's avatar and was thinking about the forum's avatar selection, looked down at EngrBohn's, and suddenly thought - doesn't that look like him? Dug out his photo and oh, what a likeness, it's uncanny... And not being a SuperFan that I can see, it's not a photoshop jobbie either...

Now, why did it take me so long to realise? I guess I just never put two and two together before... D'oh

Ewwwww... you're right. Spooky! [Eek!]
NefariousAnthony
Geek
Member # 1720

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2002 15:10      Profile for NefariousAnthony   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with dragonman97, Gateway 2000 is a much better name than just Gateway. I miss the cow . . .
Posts: 201 | From: The Deep South, y'all | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture