homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Bombay bad boy pot noodle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bombay bad boy pot noodle
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2002 02:20      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone try one of these yet?

I had one the other day. It was like having a napalm enema. Be very careful with the sachet if you ever buy one... I used a quarter of it and I had to gulp a pint of full-fat milk just to stay conscious.

...best 99p I've ever spent. (It feels so wrong but it feels so right... )

------------------
"This week I are be mostly scripting in perl."

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2002 05:21      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah come on, it wasn't that bad. I like my food spicy, but they suck, it's all heat no flavour, ergo no fun. Something I can't get enough of is those pickled jalapenos. A jar only lasts two days in my fridge.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2002 08:07      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jalapenos... yummm.

I like the kebab-shop-type chillies, you know the mild, slightly bitter pale green ones they throw in. I've no idea what they're called...

------------------

skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2002 11:53      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the adverts for the new pot noodle. Y'know, the ones with the slogan "Hurt me you slag!". It's a bit creepy to associate that with food...

sky

------------------
Holy sweet goddamn! You left your cello in the basement...

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
daveyt
Geek
Member # 1522

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2002 18:03      Profile for daveyt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a little Italian deli near me that has Jalpenos stuffed with feta. mmmm...good...
Once, no, not at band camp, it was a pub. Me and friend decided to order wings. Now, both of us were brought up on rather spicy food, so we asked the waitperson what the hottest wings they had were and were informed after a little hesitation that they actually had a hotter version than the menu listed: thermonuclear. We, of course said, no problem, bring it on. Well, let me tell you, we drank a lot of beer and neither one of us licked our lips for the better part of an hour. yum.

------------------
What the..?! How'd I get here?

Posts: 115 | From: Vancouver, BC | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 01:31      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by skylar:
I hate the adverts for the new pot noodle. Y'know, the ones with the slogan "Hurt me you slag!". It's a bit creepy to associate that with food...

sky

Well, I thought they were funny... the whole portrayal of it being an illicit act is quite fitting. They're tapping into our repressed natures and toying with that resigned sense of guilt you have when you eat one. They're basically agreeing with you that there's probably more nutrients in the plastic pot - but what the hell. As a piece of advertising I think it's quite clever.

------------------

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 03:44      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haven't tried those, but yestereday i had curry soup from a local shop that was insanely spicey..

------------------
my geek code
Hazards: "There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty, miss that, though, and you're pretty much doomed."

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 03:58      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And come on, skylar - slogans don't come any better than "Hurt me you slag!"

...maybe that's just a guy thing... ???

------------------

LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 18:47      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

sky

NOT when you're referring to a pot noodle!

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 19:26      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even know what the bloody 'eck a pot noodle is anyhow. 'Round here, it sounds more like some sort of drug paraphanalia than a spicy food.

Ah, but that's what I get for being born in America.

------------------
Wait! It's a trick. Get an axe.

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 04:32      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pot noodle- does exactly what it says on the tin.

Noodles in a pot, with MSG, peas and cardboard-style meat. Pour on water from a kettle, leave for a minute, and your nutritious snack is ready. Popular with students and slobs. Also comes in the tasty varieties of pot rice, pot mash and (I think) pot pasta.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 04:38      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
...Popular with students and slobs...

Hm - I'm not a student... oh, deary me.

------------------

neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 13:52      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
A pot noodle- does exactly what it says on the tin.

Noodles in a pot, with MSG, peas and cardboard-style meat. Pour on water from a kettle, leave for a minute, and your nutritious snack is ready. Popular with students and slobs. Also comes in the tasty varieties of pot rice, pot mash and (I think) pot pasta.

ah, thats what we call a 'cup-o-noodle' here. Cept instead of coming in a pot it comes in a non-biodegradable styrofoam cup..

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
maxomai
Alpha Geek
Member # 781

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted July 26, 2002 14:00      Profile for maxomai   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must be loosing my geekiness.

I switched from instant noodles to carrots.

The sad thing is, I'm gaining weight because i'm now eating carrots all the time.

But goddamnit if I'm not regular like a Swiss clock.

Posts: 343 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 14:42      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But goddamnit if I'm not regular like a Swiss clock.

Righto, maxo me ol' mai. You win for funniest one-liner of the day.

------------------
Wait! It's a trick. Get an axe.

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2002 13:47      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
And come on, skylar - slogans don't come any better than "Hurt me you slag!"

...maybe that's just a guy thing... ???

Errr... or an S&M thing? Nah, just kiddin' ;) How about "Just Do It". That's a pretty good slogan, is it not?? Right to the point ;)

------------------
Holy sweet goddamn! You left your cello in the basement...

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
TORDONOFFON
Geek
Member # 1532

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 28, 2002 11:00      Profile for TORDONOFFON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
K for us Yankers Pot Noodle would be Cup O Soup or Ramin ?
Inna cup or in a packet ? Hurt me you slag is pretty good I shall use it all day or NIGHT. I would buy it but then I buy green katsup blue cheetos and am looking for blue pepsi now.

Posts: 103 | From: Annapolis Wa. USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2002 16:36      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blue Pepsi isn't hard to find, I got mine at safeway, but I don't recomend it for taste, if you want it just for nastalgia go for it..
Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2002 08:40      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Errr... or an S&M thing?

Hey - I'm afraid I'm more M&S than S&M. (they have such great jumpers!)

------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture