homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Jan 6 X-Files

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jan 6 X-Files
ConfusedGeek
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2002 19:57            Edit/Delete Post 
Watched X-Files tonight. I am not a big fan, can take it or leave it. (tho I do kinda like it)

Anyhow, did anyone else catch that Scully's email was mostly spam? I cought "Lose 20 pounds" and "Travel bargains". Nice bit of realism in a "fantasy" show.

I think one of the e-mail addressess was [email protected], but I could be wrong. (I'm just ungeeky enough to try)

IP: Logged
chromatic
Geek
Member # 164

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted January 07, 2002 10:02      Profile for chromatic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The spam was a nice touch, and that was Scully's address... something like queequeeg0648. Mulder's was at trustno1.com.

I won't mention the plot, except to say "Oh no, the aliens^H^H^H^H^H^Hgenetically engineered super soldiers are coming, quick, quick, let's do several Monster of the Week Episodes and hope we're not too late!"

Posts: 223 | From: Squeaky First Geek House | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2002 12:43      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have found no really compelling reason to tune in to the show since the end of the last season. I used to be a fan--I'll watch the reruns, but now I just don't care.

I may be wrong, but if they can't interest me in watching it, I was watching Empire Strikes Out at the time, and I used to care about the characters or watching the show, this tells me that the show is pretty much played out.

I really wish it were otherwise, but this is the second season I'm opting out of--and I do watch the reruns with great interest.

I think the shark jump is completed!

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Angry Rooster
Assimilated
Member # 759

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted January 09, 2002 00:53      Profile for Angry Rooster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by chromatic:
The spam was a nice touch, and that was Scully's address... something like queequeeg0648. Mulder's was at trustno1.com.

Heh, I remember the weirdest things... but Mulders was [email protected]

------------------
--Angry Rooster
"Eagles may soar, but roosters don't get sucked into jet engines."

Posts: 376 | From: Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
supaboy
SuperFan!
Member # 183

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 25, 2002 08:34      Profile for supaboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LifetimeTrekker:
I think the shark jump is completed!

Just when you've resigned yourself to being the only person in your circle of friends who knows what this means...

Posts: 1767 | From: Columbia, SC USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Evilbunny
Uber Geek
Member # 970

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 26, 2002 22:47      Profile for Evilbunny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[email protected]

Anyone ever tried it?

I think I will!

Posts: 904 | From: A Calculus book near you... | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2002 18:59      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I liked?

The Lone Gunmen.

But then they screwed it up after the what, third episode? Musta been too busy thinking up of a new "monster" for the X-Files.

Their shark was jumped before they had a chance to take off...

------------------
If you flip a coin a thousand times, how many times would it end up heads?

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2002 21:50      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by supaboy:
Just when you've resigned yourself to being the only person in your circle of friends who knows what this means...

Sorry, the Shark Jump is the point where the show starts to go downhill to the end of its life.

This stems from the series "Happy Days" when Fonzie performed the motorcycle jump over the shark tank. It was that defining moment that the series slid into obliviou. That could have taken an extra season, but it was at that point the stake was driven thru the show's heart.

X-File's shark jump was obviously when Duchovny left the series and the character of Scully be came the resident expert in the paranormal. Her character changed; she jumped to conclusions, and often left science back at the Bat-Cave.

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aiyana
Mini Geek
Member # 1067

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2002 20:22      Profile for Aiyana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes!! The Lone Gunmen!! Man, I loved that show. I have to disagree though...I don't think they ever screwed it up. I was hooked from start to (untimely) finish.

No, I feel that the only screwup there was on the part of FOX for not giving the show more of a chance to develop. If I remember, the first season of X-Files didn't do so stellar in the ratings, either...

Personally, I would have liked to see X-Files end with season 8 (without the Mulder/Scully duo, what's the point?) and Lone Gunmen fill its place on Sunday night. But, alas...

And *now* it looks as if FOX is canning "The Tick"...leaving Thursday night with "Family Guy" and "Temptation Island", a back-to-back comibination worthy of use as a torture device. ::retch:: Grrr.... Yes, this is one television network that needs a boot to the head...

quote:
Originally posted by TheAnnoyedCockroach:
You know what I liked?

The Lone Gunmen.

But then they screwed it up after the what, third episode? Musta been too busy thinking up of a new "monster" for the X-Files.

Their shark was jumped before they had a chance to take off...

Posts: 79 | From: Columbus, OH USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2002 10:04      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aiyana wrote:
And *now* it looks as if FOX is canning "The Tick"...leaving Thursday night with "Family Guy" and "Temptation Island", a back-to-back comibination worthy of use as a torture device. ::retch:: Grrr.... Yes, this is one television network that needs a boot to the head...

Actually, they've canned "Family Guy" as well. Fox seems to be headed towards becoming the all sports and sex network that they've always wanted to be.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture