homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » You know what really gets me off? The Pythagorean Theorem (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: You know what really gets me off? The Pythagorean Theorem
Jack's Feeling of Rejection
Geek Larva
Member # 2399

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 01:24      Profile for Jack's Feeling of Rejection   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Being in a class with a number of incredibly stupid people in Calculus makes me realize that they aren't actually stupid, I'm just a super genius. I've taken a few IQ tests, which mean nothing, but they all score me as being super genius material.
But anyway, that was a side note.
My theory is that attraction is like the pythagorean theorem(I don't know how to spell in case that's horribley incorrect). Take your intelligence and sense of humor on a scale of 1 to 10, and your appearance and confidence on a scale of 1 to 10, then square both and add them together. Take the square root of the product, and that's your rating out of a possible 14.1 or something.
Let's take an example: 4 on intelligence, 3 on looks = 4 squared + 3 squared = 16 + 9 = 25(now take the square root). that actually only gives you a 5, which is very low.
I think I'm about a 12.5-13.5. 12.5 before I put on my make-up.
Ow, i'm hot.
jk

--------------------
The first rule of fight club is:
we do not talk about fight club.
The second rule of fight club is:
WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB

Posts: 27 | From: Angwin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 04:22      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yah who in blazes are you? and why have you taken my job of spamming the boards with pointless crap?

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 13:18      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because you weren't doing it Spike. Your posts have actually been of some quality of late. [Razz]

Trig...ugh. One of the beauties of biochem is I don't have to do any trig.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 14:38      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with X, even though her once-brilliant brain is clouded by love right now...**barf** [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 14:50      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant mind? Clouded by love? Au contraire, love only added to the fog layer. [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 16:05      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the compliment, i think...... [crazy]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 17:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
I agree with X, even though her once-brilliant brain is clouded by love right now...**barf** [Big Grin]

What? "Once-brilliant?" I hardly think her brilliance has ever been removed or degraded, and if I in any way were the cause of such a thing, I would feel painfully compelled to step away.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 04, 2003 17:52      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Dman! Lighten up!!!!!!! I was just KIDDING, hon [Wink] !!!!

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

unclefungus
Highlie
Member # 2118

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 04, 2003 18:19      Profile for unclefungus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ow, i'm hot.
you sure would be, if you expect us all to believe that there are only 3 aspects to every personality. There are a few more varible to account for.

--------------------
Professional software should not have dancing paperclips.

Posts: 613 | From: changes, right now it's Jacksonville or Fayetteville | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2003 07:56      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Luckily, the old pythagorean theorem works with multiple real and/or imaginary dimensions.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2003 08:52      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ewww...I had never really correctly read the topic correctly until now. I thought it said "You know what really pisses me off?" Okay, that's just depraved. I know I like a bunch of numbers, and playing with little mathematical quirkinesses in them, but I don't like them *that* much.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
d3m057h3n35
Mini Geek
Member # 2378

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 05, 2003 13:39      Profile for d3m057h3n35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My theory is that attraction is like the pythagorean theorem(I don't know how to spell in case that's horribley incorrect).

That's funny, you spelled pythagorean right and horribly wrong.

Riemannian Metrization of Unified Manifolds Containing Hyperbolic, Parabolic, and Elliptic Umbilic Catastrophes with Nondifferentiable Sum Components. Now, that is alluring.

(disclaimer: I have no idea what that meant. But it sounded cool.)

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 10:21      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:

What? "Once-brilliant?" I hardly think her brilliance has ever been removed or degraded, and if I in any way were the cause of such a thing, I would feel painfully compelled to step away.
I agree with the snupstress. Chill, love. She's joking. I think I made a mushy post somewhere and she decided to play. [Big Grin]

/me hands snupy a paper ketchup cup.
"If you're going to spew, spew into this."

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 10:33      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I just got foolish for a minute. I apologized to the snupstress privately already for my exaggeration, but allow me to do so publicly. Sorry snupy, love does silly things to dragons [Smile] .

--------------------

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 12:32      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh...young love. [crazy]

Just wait.

--------------------

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 13:45      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ahh...young love. [crazy]

Ah, yes - I'd have to concur... young love... soft, tentative kisses, smooth blushing cheeks, delicate whispers on tender skin... skin so enticing, so pure.. and it looks great when you finally get it off and wear it! [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 14:10      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bisecting triangles gets me off. [Smile]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 14:28      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GMx:

So trisecting triangles must REALLY do it :-D
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 14:35      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tut-an-Geek:
quote:

Don't be obtuse !

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 14:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

That could also be a rather nasty thing.../me shudders. Stick to your Apples, m4.

--------------------

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 14:47      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

What is it with guys and lesbians....oh, wait..you said bisecting? OOps..sorry! [Wink]

--------------------

Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 14:48      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:

That could also be a rather nasty thing.../me shudders. Stick to your Apples, m4.
So now you want me to bisect an apple? [Smile]
But i couldn't eat it! I'm fasting!

Shapeshifter
Geek
Member # 2105

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2003 17:30      Profile for Shapeshifter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with you people? Can't any of you appreciate a decent curve? Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go compute the value of pi *all* *night* *long*.

--------------------
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying.
-Woody Allen

Posts: 152 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2003 09:42      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy New Year m4. You can enjoy that bisected apple today. [Wink]

Curves...
/me flips through her lab notebook
How I wish I had beautiful, well-fit curves...

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2003 10:00      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you did...*scratches head*...

Oh, in your lab book... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture