homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Begining to learn python

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Begining to learn python
Kt Smith
Mini Geek
Member # 2293

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 21, 2003 03:57      Profile for Kt Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am new to programing. I selected python as my first language, and have mastered the very basics. I am wondering if there are any books, or somewhere else when I can get more information. Please help me! [crazy]

--------------------
Cheese, no-one can beat it.

Posts: 67 | From: Mars | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2003 05:41      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://safari.oreilly.com/

Read books online for cheap. Or just browse the library and find good ones to order. For your first language, "Learning _____" books are probably best. Then get the reference version, "_____ in a Nutshell". After that, you should be able to for the most part learn a language from the "_____ in a Nutshell" books.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture