homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » No more of this!!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: No more of this!!!
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 03:40      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, following on from the precedent set by QGV - I've decided to ask you all to refrain from discussing an issue which personally upsets me in the hope that I might not be subjected to distress in the future by reading about it in this forum. It's cheese. Yes, cheese. I would be very grateful if you could all avoid the word and the subject as I find it very hurtful and offensive. I had a very bad experience with a slab of Gouda a while ago and I rather forget all about it - and you lot mentioning cheese brings it all back. There.

Thank you for your sensitivity. Now, as I've aired my pet taboo, please feel free to air yours in this thread, then by all of us reading about everyone else's taboo we can all bear them in mind when posting and then we can see if we have anything left to talk about. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 03:45      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i hope that the people on these boards are sensitive, compassionate people who will respect my feelings.

i have a phobia about anything to do with sex, romance or indeed any human social interactions.

please in future, respect me as a person, and refrain from posting these disugting threads, that attempt to acknowledge that people get sticky together. **shudder**

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
QuiGonValjean
Geek
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 04:09      Profile for QuiGonValjean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"I hope that by having this open dialogue we can learn to live in harmony. Or failing in that, I'll live in harmony by myself." - Dogbert

Posts: 143 | From: the land of everlasting Dr. Pepper, Snickers, and Turkey Hill Iced Tea | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 04:17      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha! Good response, QGV! [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 07:23      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Post-it notes. Damn things scare the bejesus out of me. When I get to my desk in the morning, I swear they've multiplied overnight. Then there's the staring. The relentless, eerie staring. I know they're up to something. I think they're plotting how to take me down.

So, please, no mention of post-it notes.

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 07:39      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Windows operating system offends me on a deep spiritual level. I know there are a few Windows apologists on this board, but please discuss it only in private for the sake of my mental and spiritual health.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 11:33      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm offended by people who get offended.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 9 posted November 05, 2002 16:39      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I...I...I have an extreme aversion to pretty girls. I can't discuss them without having terrible nightmares haunting My midnight slumber. Please, I beseech you, do not discuss pretty girls. I....can't take it anymore. I've got to get out of here. I've got to get out of here. I've got to.....AAAAAAHHHHHHH.........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2002 21:58      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK Spungo, before the cheese ban goes into affect.....does anyone know how they get those bubbles in Swiss cheese?

I want the REAL answer hear people...no BS about fermentation blah blah blah....

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
QuiGonValjean
Geek
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 06, 2002 04:20      Profile for QuiGonValjean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if ya can't beat em, join em . . .

Okay, I had a really bad experience with a Lean Cuisine TV dinner when I was younger. The potatoes had to be cardboard, for one thing . . . I - I can't even remember, it was such a traumatic experience. There is absolutely NOTHING UNHEALTHY in those things!! I can't believe it! No wonder it tastes like styrofoam convered with a little flavoring.

*GASP!* THAT'S IT!! They put styrofoam in all their meals, so that when people microwave the dinners, they get cancer from the irradiated styrofoam!!! Oh, I'm sorry, I can't talk about this - it - it's just brings all the pain back.

[Big Grin]

-QGV

--------------------
"I hope that by having this open dialogue we can learn to live in harmony. Or failing in that, I'll live in harmony by myself." - Dogbert

Posts: 143 | From: the land of everlasting Dr. Pepper, Snickers, and Turkey Hill Iced Tea | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2002 05:39      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by QuiGonValjean:

Okay, I had a really bad experience with a Lean Cuisine TV dinner when I was younger.

Did you check the box? It probably said "Display Unit. Not for human consumption." You know, sort of like those fake computers they have at radio shack and the fake people they have wearing clothes at Sears?

It's ok. We all make mistakes. You just have to get back up on that horse and eat TV dinners. Or something like that.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 06, 2002 14:48      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lex:
quote:
Originally posted by QuiGonValjean:

Okay, I had a really bad experience with a Lean Cuisine TV dinner when I was younger.

Did you check the box? It probably said "Display Unit. Not for human consumption." You know, sort of like those fake computers they have at radio shack and the fake people they have wearing clothes at Sears?

You actually ate fake people and computers????
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2002 15:44      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, my name is Coffee_geek, and I am terrified of nondairy creamer.

<<How, exactly, do you pronounce _?>>

*brutally slaughters the <<>> fellows of yesterpost*

Seriously! Nondairy creamer is Not Natural. It's an oxymoron. How can it be CREAMer and not contain CREAM? I'm seriously worried about this. In adition to it's obvious logical impossibilities, it tastes Horrible. *shudder*

And whatabout that gooey center of Hot Tamales? After the spicy outer shell, there's just this jelly-like, clear substance. I don't know what it is, but it can't be natural. I suspect that it just sits in your colon, undigestable, until you die. BEWARE!

Seeming and Dreaming,
Coffee

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 06, 2002 16:11      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

Hey, we all make mistakes. I was young.

--------------------

SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2002 02:20      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lex:
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

Hey, we all make mistakes. I was young.
did you at least have some fava beans and a nice chianti with the meal(s) ?
Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2002 06:39      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel:
did you at least have some fava beans and a nice chianti with the meal(s) ?

No, I didn't figure that out until I started eating real people and computers.

--------------------

Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2002 18:05      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, my name is Oz, and I have a fear of small children.

Coffee will scoff at me becuase we both consume babies, but the fact is, I think that small children are of an evil race. Think about it! How they look at us with their cute, adoring eyes, just WAITING to POUNCE on us and SUCK OUT OUR LIFE JUICES!

*shudders*

A railgun is good defense from insidious small children. Watch out! Especially if you teach pre-school...

-Oz

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
QuiGonValjean
Geek
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2002 19:13      Profile for QuiGonValjean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think that small children are of an evil race. Think about it! How they look at us with their cute, adoring eyes, just WAITING to POUNCE on us and SUCK OUT OUR LIFE JUICES!
I actually kinda like little kids; especially when they're too young to do much damage . . . mostly anything before age 2. A friend of mine has a 1-year old sister, and she is one of my favorite little kids ever! I introduced her to the basics of operating a CD player (and she showed me how to take it apart). Cute kid.

Then the little kids go through this destructive stage, starting somewhere between 1 1/2 and 3, and going up through about 5 or 6. After that, then they're cute again for a couple years, but they then start to think that they're growing up and they're cool, and that's when they can be the most annoying. After they get to be 14-ish, then they're good again. But wait, then the kids have to be teenagers . . . and that whole period can vary according to the kid.

-QGV

--------------------

Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 07, 2002 21:46      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Oz, the Wizard of:
Coffee will scoff at me becuase we both consume babies...

What a coincidence! I consume babies as well for their precious proteins, giving me long thick hair.

My favorite baby consumption quote:

"What do you call it when a mother gives birth to five babies?"
"Buffet?"
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Patrick
Mini Geek
Member # 1793

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted November 07, 2002 22:31      Profile for Patrick   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm Patrick and I have a fear of mushrooms. Come on people! It's fungus - the same category as mold!!! I don't see people consuming mold... This whole discussion of eating little children... it's actually less discusting than eating mushrooms. Well, not really.

I also have a fear of pointy objects. They're all out there to poke my eyes out. Oh, the horror... [Eek!]

--------------------
"Oh, come on - are you telling me that you can look at a monkey and not get hungry?"
- Bucky Katt, GET FUZZY

Posts: 84 | From: California | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 08, 2002 05:28      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
Come on people! It's fungus - the same category as mold!!! I don't see people consuming mold...

So you've never seen anyone eating Stilton, Roquefort, Gorgonzola... oops!!! sorry Spungs!! [Embarrassed]
Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2002 06:36      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
haha, spungus!!!

but back to cheez. enough of these blasphemous thoughts. may all who spout obscenities against cheez be struck down by a large round of leicester.

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2002 06:47      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
haha, spungus!!!

but back to cheez. enough of these blasphemous thoughts. may all who spout obscenities against cheez be struck down by a large round of leicester.

Have you ever participated in any of those cheese rolling contests? You know, the ones where they roll the wheel of cheese down a steep hill and see if they can get to the bottom without breaking a leg? (Just curious) [Smile]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2002 07:59      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:

cheezi, do you have any idea of the brutality and inhumanity of what you are proposing?

have you been to Leicester??? [Eek!]

Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Janeway
Assimilated
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 08, 2002 08:27      Profile for Janeway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the beard of Peter Gabriel! Okay, I find the following things offensive and wish that people would refrain from using them: D*ck van Dyke's first name, the words octopus and sextuplet, Bill Clinton's nickname, Nixon's nickname, anything to do with the TV shows Baywatch, S*x in the City, the Anna Nicole Smith Show, or Barney. Especially Barney.

Seriously, though, I didn't find the "annual check-up" joke that dirty, even if you did know the double entendre of "beaver". Granted, though, I have permanent residence in the gutter. [Eek!] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Janeway--
Author, Artist, and Dreamer Extraordinaire

Posts: 468 | From: Cyberspace, Delta Quadrant | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture