homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Happy Birthday to Peebs!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Happy Birthday to Peebs!!!
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2003 20:39      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday!!!  - [Cool]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 03:17      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 - Woo hoo! Happy Birthday, Peebs!!!

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
rw

Member # 590

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 05:55      Profile for rw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like I'm late for the party.

Happy Birthday, PB!

Posts: 429 | From: Kirkland, Wash. (US of A) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 11:44      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
rw: considering that today is her birthday you arent [Razz]
anywhoo

Happy birthday Peebs! [thumbsup] [Big Grin]

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted November 17, 2003 12:13      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday, Peebs and TFD - just imagine the light bulb is actually a candle, make a wish, and... good luck blowing it out!
Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Noldoaran
Geek
Member # 2003

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 17, 2003 12:21      Profile for Noldoaran     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday Buttercup!!! [thumbsup] [Big Grin]

I haven't been around for a while but I HAD to come for your birthday party!!!

Posts: 228 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 17, 2003 16:17      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have recently returned from the grocery store. Since this is my 21st birthday there is the obligatory trip to buy something alcoholic. So, under advice, I purchased a six-pack of Guinness in bottles.

I have now sampled the beverage. It's really not bad. It finishes a little bitter, but it starts a little creamy and it is very smooth. I think I'll need to have some meat or at least pizza to really have beer taste right, but it is good.

I think tonight when Josh and I go out I'll have to try some chick bar drink. Any suggestions?

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 16:38      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guinness tastes best on tap, in a place that sells lots so you get top quality. It also comes in cans (with the little nitrogen widget thing that carbonates it when you open it). Never been a fan of it in bottles.

Tonite, I would suggest the "Long island iced tea" It is equal parts of all the white liquors behind the bar and coke. Don't drink too many of these if you have to work (or have a fresh, pink 21 year old liver) the next day.

A more traditional Vodka and 7 or Vodka and Orange juice in tasty.

I like a shot of a good single malt scotch will set you back about $8 but is very nice after supper.

Have fun tonite, call in sick tomorrow!

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 16:48      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just so you know, when matching drinks to food at your next posh dinner party, the best drink to serve with chocolate is stout. Guinness and chocolate work well together, and I presume a black velvet (equal parts guinness and champagne) does as well. BTW, Happy 21st!
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted November 17, 2003 18:16      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First:

HAPPY BDAY!!!

:dj: Wooo!!

As for drinks, here what I remember from my 21st...
Niwikisickle (bright blue, tastes like a slurpee, and is really high in the alcohol content)
Qualuude (sp?) Yum. Tastes very nice.
Bombay Sapphire (always a favorite... since I was about 12)
Gin and Tonic

And here's the best ( IMHO ) chick drinks:
Long Sloe Screw Against the Wall
Sex on the Beach (overused)
Bleeding Snatch
A Southern Screw
Tropical Zombie (Had this one in New Orleans... very nice)
BackSeat Boogie
Black Orgasm
Get Laid
Bloated Bag of Monkey Spunk ( Haven't ordered this one yet, but it looks tasty )
50 year old Scotch.

See, I like to walk in to bars and ask for either the rolodex, or ask the weirdest thing they ever made. I like to be able to order things they have to look up [Smile]

Good Luck!!
-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2003 18:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Give me a smiling penguin then [Wink] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2003 03:54      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A long time ago, in a student bar, far far away... I invented a drink called a 'nuclear winter' - you get a pint glass, add one shot of Baileys, one shot of blue curacao and then fill it up with guinness. The liqeurs form a lovely turquoise layer of crusty scum on the surface... quite delightful - but I wouldn't drink more than six in one evening - or you'll start to see time.

--------------------

cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2003 11:41      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
A long time ago, in a student bar, far far away... I invented a drink called a 'nuclear winter' - you get a pint glass, add one shot of Baileys, one shot of blue curacao and then fill it up with guinness. The liqeurs form a lovely turquoise layer of crusty scum on the surface... quite delightful - but I wouldn't drink more than six in one evening - or you'll start to see time.

what you didn't say is how you came up with it. you drank a pint of guinness, a baileys and a blue curacao, threw up, then came up with the idea...i was there

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2003 02:38      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

what you didn't say is how you came up with it. you drank a pint of guinness, a baileys and a blue curacao, threw up, then came up with the idea...i was there
That's right - you were the first taster! How was it? [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture