homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Would you do it?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would you do it?
BellaDonna
Geek
Member # 2123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted October 27, 2003 05:48      Profile for BellaDonna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Spencer Tunick's at it again. (If you're unfamiliar with who he is or what he's doing you can read the CNN article or check out his site (note: his site contains nudity-if that wasn't obvious-may not be suitable for a younger audience).) Anyway back in college I had the chance to go to a lecture given by him as part of my photography classes, and afterwards all in attendance were invited to pose for one of his group shots. I had had the experience of being the one to take pictures of people in the nude, but wondered what it was like to BE the nude model. I wanted to do it, but body image (I was about 25lbs heavier then) and my husband's dislike of the idea stop me from trying it. Hopefully someday the opportunity will come along again.

So my question to everyone is would you pose nude for art as an individual? in a group?

--------------------
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- Albert Einstein

quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2003 06:40      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would but... It would have to be a warm day and they would really, REALLY have to wash the floor first.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2003 08:27      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I probably would, but it would depend on the artist's reputation (someone who has been doing it for years vs. a college student just starting) and how my husband felt about it. If he was ok with it, I would probably go for it.

Until the last minute when I would probably chicken out... [blush]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 27, 2003 08:55      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but would you pose for a Nitrozac?

...or perhaps a crayon rendering by her charming partner d'art? [Wink]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fixerbob
Alpha Geek
Member # 1587

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted October 27, 2003 10:24      Profile for Fixerbob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, come on ! What geek can't wait to exploit any oportunity to get their kit off ?

[evil]

Any good technical oportunity anyways...

[blush]

Posts: 301 | From: London, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted October 27, 2003 10:43      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've drawn and painted lots of nudes before, and always considered posing myself but there were always people who I knew in the class.
So if there were noone around who I knew personally, I
So do it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2003 12:27      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell, why not?

In fact, we should start a "naked geeks" thread on GC, any volunteers?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2003 11:53      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd love to do it. nothing like getting the ol' chap out and about. course, i'm not a pretty sight in the buff. has been known to make grown men sprout breasts, and women to spawn piglets
Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Fixerbob
Alpha Geek
Member # 1587

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted October 28, 2003 13:00      Profile for Fixerbob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Naked geeks section ?

Now is there a server strong enough to take that ?

Posts: 301 | From: London, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2003 14:05      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fixerbob:
Naked geeks section ?

Now is there a server strong enough to take that ?

I'm a little confused - maybe if we're talking about female geeks...but wouldn't a sight of male geeks result in pretty low access? I could be mistaken, maybe the lot of you out there are TTHs, but from what I gather, we're not the stereotypical bunch that people deem 'eye candy.' Alrighty, I should just take this post and kill it, but I'll post it anyway.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2003 14:09      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously, d-man you have never seen me naked or you'd think different.

Muahahahahaha

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2003 15:38      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like to believe I can make myself presentable wearing clothing, but I think I'd need a bit of work before I'd be seen in the nude.

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
unclefungus
Highlie
Member # 2118

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 28, 2003 15:52      Profile for unclefungus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah! I love gettin' nekkid!

--------------------
Professional software should not have dancing paperclips.

Posts: 613 | From: changes, right now it's Jacksonville or Fayetteville | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2003 23:21      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lex:
I like to believe I can make myself presentable wearing clothing, but I think I'd need a bit of work before I'd be seen in the nude.

isn't that what photoshop is for?

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2003 23:35      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems that it's already been done.

Any interest in a CG version?
Suitably tasteful of course, this is a family venue.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2003 23:37      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I would. Whenever I do anything slightly different it comes around later on to bite me on the ass-et

--------------------
My LiveJournal|homepage- shameless, I know

Posts: 823 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 28, 2003 23:49      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by addiew:
I don't think I would. Whenever I do anything slightly different it comes around later on to bite me on the ass-et

A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
(not that I'm trying to induce you to get your gear off, no, nothing could be further from my mind [Wink] )

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture