homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Ready for Halloween? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Ready for Halloween?
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 15, 2003 09:05      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Q:What did the snail say while he was riding on the turtle's back???

A:Wheeeeee!!!!

Edit: I know, I won't give up my day job. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 09:06      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
What's next - a knock-knock joke?

knock knock
who's there?
me
okay, let me just open the door

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 09:07      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cheezi git:
i have the same problem, less and less kids each year. my cellar is almost full now

Do what I do - try recycling (gotta think of the environment). Use the skins from the old victims to make your new Halloween suit, and thus you can go out and replenish your stocks. Its joyous in its elegance, ain't it? [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 10:08      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I presume you'll you be roped and bound. Bodice ripped to shreds of course.
q-fluff, I will indeed have a rope around my waist. My hands however will not be bound, the better to hold pint glasses. And there's no way I'm ripping that dress after all the time I spent making it! A friend actually suggested that, and I told her I would just throw some dirt on it, since that will come off in the wash.
Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 15, 2003 12:25      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's MTB Babe's Picture for those having trouble with the geocities thing...as long as you don't mind MTB [Smile]
 -
( http://gc.itjosh.com/images/mtbbabe_catwoman.jpg)

/me hopes that he's not the only one with the problem,

If it is in fact just me, let me know and I'll remove the pic [Smile]

-Spidey

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
ph34r teh fluf1bun1
Geek
Member # 2245

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted October 15, 2003 12:42      Profile for ph34r teh fluf1bun1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not the only one...

I was grateful for a chance to see the pic [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Professional software should have dancing pigs in pink tutus"

Posts: 241 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 15, 2003 13:20      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope I don't mind atall. I'm using a Mac would that have something to do with it?
What are y'all dressing up as Spidey and fluffy bunny? [crazy]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
evilbibo
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 13:29            Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MTB Babe:
.... I'm using a Mac would that have something to do with it?.. [crazy]

Nope it's a geocities thing.
IP: Logged
ph34r teh fluf1bun1
Geek
Member # 2245

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted October 15, 2003 13:36      Profile for ph34r teh fluf1bun1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Not dressing up at all [Frown]

Halloween isn't big in my part of the world (even though it has arrived; about two years ago maybe??) and I'm working anyway [cry baby]

--------------------
"Professional software should have dancing pigs in pink tutus"

Posts: 241 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 13:46      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm not going to wash for a week, and take off all my clothes: i'm going as a ripe cheez

--------------------
there were so many stains on the road. squashed miss mitten-shaped stains in the universe. squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed crows that tried to eat the squashed frog-shaped stains in the universe. squashed dogs...

Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 13:49      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Nope I don't mind atall. I'm using a Mac would that have something to do with it?

Not sure yet - thought about doing a creepy clown thing - I used to clown for kids parties and still have some of the costume/makeup stuff - then it's a matter of doing a combination of happy clown/creepy clown...very disturbing I assure you [evil]
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 14 posted October 15, 2003 14:47      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'll be scaring the livin' piss outta little kids in the neighborhood

my freind and i set up a tunnel in his front yard made of black plastic and 2x2's, leading up to the front door (it'll be close to 200' this year)
tunnel alllll nice n dark, filled with fog from 2 fog-machines, and blacklights and lots of body parts and other decorations
not to mention the sounds and plenty of places to hide and jump out at them [devil wand] [devil wand]

i score quite a few bags of candy when they drop them and run screaming [devil wand] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 15:47      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-ct-:

Somewhat off-topic but, your harddrivehell site doesn't seem to be working...couple days ago it turned up a godaddy parked page and now it gives a number to call if you are the owner of the site...

...just in case you didn't know already [Smile]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 15, 2003 19:04      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
Sadly, we get less and less kids each year. The schools go out of their way to instill fear in the parents about letting their kids out

Frightening people at Halloween?
What is the world coming to?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
Member # 209

Icon 2 posted October 15, 2003 21:30      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
-ct-:

..your harddrivehell site doesn't seem to be working.

yep, hosting is dead, gotta find a new one [ohwell]

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted October 16, 2003 06:42      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That tunnel idea is Awesome -ct-!!! [Eek!]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lumox
Geek-in-Training
Member # 2404

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted October 16, 2003 12:44      Profile for Lumox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
like i mentioned before...i have a bridge going up to my stairway...to my front door. i should totally make a tunnel. it sounds like a blast (for both you AND the kids...when they relize its you)

i would have to dress up as a ninja though. ninjas > witchs, ghosts, skeletons ect. but not robots. ninjas >= robots...

anyone know where i could get a cool robot? like an R2-D2 thats remote control and full size?

--------------------
Visit me on Gamespot

Posts: 35 | From: Virginia, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 17, 2003 00:14      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going as a fairy. I had to buy a regular white dress, though, and will have to spiff it up a bit because all of the fairy costumes in the stores are pink and purple. ICKY!

I'll be going to the football game from 7-10, mainly because we're playing our all-time rival, Kamiak. Our football team is not a stereotype at all though... I like a good amount of them. Three of the football players are in my Adv. Alg 2/Trig class, and one of them (that I know of) is on the Chess Club, our most skilled player at that.

I'll also be working the Pin The Leg On The Spider booth at the K-5 Halloween Carnival from 2-8, which had been on Halloween Day but was bumped to the day before because we simply don't have enough parking for everyone.

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted October 17, 2003 06:45      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow it sound like you're going to have a busy Halloween! All I'm doing is working and getting crazy at a Halloween party at night. I can't wait [Big Grin]

--------------------

Twinkle Toes
Member # 1208

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 17, 2003 18:25      Profile for Twinkle Toes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, actually, I had some plans for a Halloween party, but I don't know anyone with a house free for trashing.... that's mainly because I don't know many people (O.O). As I was trying to get my friend to understand: I have no trouble dancing in public, but I'll be damned if I'm going to dance to hip-hop and rap. It makes me feel like I'm trying to be something I'm not.

Yeah... she's angry at me now [ohwell] . I wish I could spend more time with the friends that have the same mentality as I do about pop-culture: "Fuck the dance, let's go bowling/game/watch anime!"

--------------------
Mmmmrreow!

Posts: 1617 | From: a membrane near you! | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
gizmo53
Maximum Newbie
Member # 2409

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 17, 2003 19:01      Profile for gizmo53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What am I doing? Dressing up in my all-purpose hooded cape, and either standing by my mailbox motionless, or silently walking the street with my friends.

<scary, deep satanic voice>Would you like an apple?</voice>

--------------------
Any security that is based upon secrets eventually fails -Steve Jobs

Posts: 17 | From: Darien, CT | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted October 20, 2003 06:01      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL scary...
twinkle toes– i hope you can find some silly people to play with on halloween. I always like sitting around in the dark watching scary movies when noone else is around... [crazy]

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted October 20, 2003 09:29      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll probably be working, so I guess I'm going as a Sears electronics salesperson.

If not, I think I'll stay at home, watch scary movies, and gorge myself on popcorn, soda, and candy.

Ain't life grand?

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted October 20, 2003 12:42      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed it is. Maybe your boss will give you a candy bonus since you have to work! [Razz]

--------------------

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2003 12:50      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually they used to give us candy on the weekends if we got any credit applications, but corporate put a stop to that. [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture