homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » One of those strange things

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: One of those strange things
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted August 27, 2003 10:00      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps I've just been out of college to long.
Not to affend anyone but I think Rush Limbaugh put it best when refering to the woman I just met today when he coined the term "feminazi."
Picture this, I'm walking from my computer lab to my english class wearing my wonderful Tubes Rock! t-shirt when this woman straight out of the stereotype dictionary seems to appear from nowhere. Blond butch cut, fatigues, combat boots, and a "Down with men, up with Womyn" button, pokes me in the chest and starts to accuse me of my "little masculine joke" with "the provacitively shaped and placed 'tube'" on my shirt and the Tubes Rock being a "clever mispelling." She apparently knows all about "guys like" me, trying to "keep down" her "sistren." This continues for about ten minutes, then, without the curtesy of allowing me the counter-point she gives me the sniff (guys know what I'm talking about) and storms off.
I wish I had a way to finish this story but I'm still just in a state of shock. What do you say? I feel like this should have a moral or something, but I'm at a loss.

--------------------
Vedi Vidi Velcro "I came, I saw, I stuck around"
quality in posting since dec 2000

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 10:12      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I think the term "dumbass" would be more applicable to her. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 11 posted August 27, 2003 10:46      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
about 30 seconds into that tirade, i would have bitch-slapped her and rammed MY point of view down he-r/is thoat

well, ok, maybe not that dramatic, but i sure as hell wouldn't just stand there and take abuse
s/he wouldnt' have gotten more than about 5 words out before s/he knew s/he was dead wrong

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted August 27, 2003 11:17      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See, it's women like that that give the rest of us feminists a bad rap. That said, bitch-slapping isn't the answer, as that would only prove her point.

Just like some men, some women walk around with permanent chips on their shoulder. Sexism goes both ways people!

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 11:28      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What about a good ol' knee in the groin?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 12:04      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
What about a good ol' knee in the groin?

If she had 'em, she would have already cut 'em off as a political statement. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
cheezi git
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1598

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 14:44      Profile for cheezi git     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Chump:
What do you say? I feel like this should have a moral or something, but I'm at a loss.

maybe you need to get some practise at debating, and perhaps a dose of assertiveness to go with it?
Posts: 1929 | From: the left nostril of my cat | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 19:06      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have offered to put her in touch with the creator of the comic/T shirt via this site. She may have been a little bit shocked to find that Nitrozac is a woman.

Doesn't excuse the feminist's ignorance, though.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 27, 2003 22:53      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chump! that is hilarious... well reading about it anyway.

Man, that is w e i r d. Sounds like she blew a valve.

[crazy]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 22:56      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Chump! that is hilarious... well reading about it anyway.

Man, that is w e i r d. Sounds like she blew a valve.

[crazy]

Probably the only thing she has blown I am guessing [Big Grin]

*flame shield up - 100%*

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 23:09      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
Sounds like she blew a valve.

Oh, and Snag, your UK tube/valve reference was not lost on me. I actually took tube theory (no comments from the peanut gallery please) and worked on Radar/telecom gear containing tubes in school that is how old I am.

Maybe:

[Big Grin] She had an open filament?
[Big Grin] She was gassy
[Big Grin] Her Anode was shorted to ground
[Big Grin] She lost control of her grid
[Big Grin] Couldn't you have rectified the situation better

Ok, I'll stop now

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 23:48      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

Maybe:

[Big Grin] She had an open filament?
[Big Grin] She was gassy
[Big Grin] Her Anode was shorted to ground
[Big Grin] She lost control of her grid
[Big Grin] Couldn't you have rectified the situation better

Ok, I'll stop now

Or maybe there was nothing wrong with her, that 20,000 volts wouldn't fix.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
addiew
Uber Geek
Member # 2140

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2003 11:51      Profile for addiew   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you said it Xanthine

--------------------
My LiveJournal|homepage- shameless, I know

Posts: 823 | From: Oregon | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture