homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » uk journal (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: uk journal
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2003 23:54      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The snupstress: Second-best line: "I only agreed to have lunch with Hey-U 'coz I thought he was a woman".-Allan.

Only in my spare time!
[Big Grin]

[Actually, for reasons I've never fathomed, most people seem to think I'm gay (I'm not) - so this is obviously high praise *and* a promotion from genetically- broken Y chromosome territory!]

[Big Grin]

Good to see you all safely back in your respective homes, btw.

Posts: 1263 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2003 02:06      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:Originally posted by snupy:
It's none of your business where my other hand is.

that's the funny thing. you'd never know it from the photo, but littlefish is in fact a puppet. he needs to be manipulated, otherwise he just slumps on the floor.

It's not true, I just pretend to see if I can get a nice ladies hand in my trousers.

/aside- I didn't realise you saw Jason Byrne- I saw Jason Byrne too!

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted August 28, 2003 08:26      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that was super cool!

I need to see if I can swing getting JustJess and I out to NYC for a christmas/new years thing [Smile]

Probably not, since I am usually on-call then [Frown]

Oh, well. There is always IRC.
-WS

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2003 10:50      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
quote:
quote:Originally posted by snupy:
It's none of your business where my other hand is.

that's the funny thing. you'd never know it from the photo, but littlefish is in fact a puppet. he needs to be manipulated, otherwise he just slumps on the floor.

It's not true, I just pretend to see if I can get a nice ladies hand in my trousers.

Aww...he called me a nice lady. [blush]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2003 23:19      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
snupy: Aww...he called me a nice lady.
...he's probably just frightened of you...
[evil] [Big Grin]

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2003 17:14      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[cry baby]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2003 11:43      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Heh, that would be cool. North America is also much more accessible to me [Smile] . I'd be game for it, if I can take a date with me (and assuming she wanted to go) [Big Grin] .

I think I could swing that...it would maje both you AND my sister happy. Of course, you could also come to Boulder, where it will be somewhat sunnier. [Smile]
Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2003 12:25      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
snupy: [cry baby]

Ohh! I'm sorry! That's right - that wasn't you, it was your identical twin sistah, the evil snupstrexxx...
[devil wand]

I forgot, you're a pussycat, aren't you?...
Aren't you?
[Eek!]

(hey-U climbs out of the hole he has just dug for himself and runs away)

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2003 12:29      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Heh, that would be cool. North America is also much more accessible to me [Smile] . I'd be game for it, if I can take a date with me (and assuming she wanted to go) [Big Grin] .

I think I could swing that...it would maje both you AND my sister happy. Of course, you could also come to Boulder, where it will be somewhat sunnier. [Smile]
Yeah, I'm leaning toward that right about now.
/me wishes he could be spending the longer weekend in Boulder rather than manning a temporary help desk.

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
hey-U
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2128

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2003 12:35      Profile for hey-U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boulder?
What, *this* place here:

http://www.ci.boulder.co.us/

Is it a kew-il place?
And is it a warm and sunny place to be at Christmas?

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2003 12:53      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I get the impression that it's a pretty warm place, and probably would never be like New York in the winter [Wink] . Either way, I'd probably still find it warm and sunny [hearts] .

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2003 13:07      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

quote:
snupy: Aww...he called me a nice lady.
...he's probably just frightened of you...

Not frightened, just in awe.

BTW, I checked out "shook me all night long" - it's OK, but I prefer closer by Nine Inch Nails as the best song for screwing to. Not really the best for making love to, but there you go...

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2003 13:38      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hey-U:
Boulder?
What, *this* place here:

Is it a kew-il place?

Yes, yes (unless you are extremely right wing, in which case you will probably develop a rash), and not sure (I've only spent one summer + 13 days here), but it's gotta be better than Crotchester, NY. They boast 300 sunny days/year here, they do have the lake effect, and because we are further south, we'll be getting more than 7 hours of daylight around Xmas [Smile] . The grad students say it gets cold, but not the bitter, freezing, breath-taking I-have-frozen-my-ass-to the-sidewalk kind of cold you'll find in the Northeast.
In all fairness, NY was great, I miss Rochester and the people I knew there, but the winters...I fled the winters.

It has been warm and sunny since I arrived, except for some afternoons when it storms and today when it's like Seattle in May. [Razz]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2003 21:05      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by littlefish:
[QUOTE]

Not frightened, just in awe.

Heh...and I was on my best behaviour, too... [Wink]

BTW, I checked out "shook me all night long" - it's OK, but I prefer closer by Nine Inch Nails as the best song for screwing to. Not really the best for making love to, but there you go...

I checked that one out, too-wow-not even subtle! Great song!
Nice to see a guy differentiate between screwing and making love(not that I expect less from a geek)-I think there's a time and place for both...and can be both with the same person, too, depending on the mood and horniness factor...

--------------------

csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2003 17:27      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, the only experience I've had with "Closer" is the Weird Al version in one of his polka medleys. I suspect the original is somewhat different [Big Grin]
Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2003 20:26      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:
Originally posted by hey-U:
Boulder?
What, *this* place here:

Is it a kew-il place?

Yes, yes (unless you are extremely right wing, in which case you will probably develop a rash), and not sure (I've only spent one summer + 13 days here), but it's gotta be better than Crotchester, NY. They boast 300 sunny days/year here, they do have the lake effect, and because we are further south, we'll be getting more than 7 hours of daylight around Xmas [Smile] . The grad students say it gets cold, but not the bitter, freezing, breath-taking I-have-frozen-my-ass-to the-sidewalk kind of cold you'll find in the Northeast.
In all fairness, NY was great, I miss Rochester and the people I knew there, but the winters...I fled the winters.

It has been warm and sunny since I arrived, except for some afternoons when it storms and today when it's like Seattle in May. [Razz]

December in Colorado is great. I was never as cold when I lived there as when I was in Chicago, where, as we all know, it's cold. [Wink]

Sun shines there alot as well and makes it feel even warmer. Have you been down to the Boulder hippie mall yet, X? My favorite place.

--------------------

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 01, 2003 19:31      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're talking about Pearl Street, hell yes. Saw some fire dancers. They were great.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

greycat

Member # 945

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 02, 2003 06:24      Profile for greycat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by csk:
Hehe, the only experience I've had with "Closer" is the Weird Al version in one of his polka medleys. I suspect the original is somewhat different [Big Grin]

It's a bit slower, with more bass. And less accordion. [Wink]
Posts: 1522 | From: Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2003 16:01      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've added some of jess' photos to the UK album at www.snupy.com

ps-sorry, littlefish, you're just so photogenic!

--------------------

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2003 03:19            Edit/Delete Post 
hm.... some of you might want to update your GC photo album pics...
IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2003 08:56      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I posted a new photo on my profile if you want to take that...
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2003 09:19      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should use the modeling pose. [Razz]

--------------------

maswan

Lord of the Root!
Member # 269

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2003 16:03      Profile for maswan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after getting back to Sweden, guess what the first can I saw in the cooler at a 7-11 (needed a snack for my night-walk through Stockholm to the airport)? IRN-BRU. :)

Btw, I had a great time over there and I can't wait till I get to see you next time.

Posts: 71 | From: UmeŚ, Sweden | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2003 17:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by maswan:
Well, after getting back to Sweden, guess what the first can I saw in the cooler at a 7-11 (needed a snack for my night-walk through Stockholm to the airport)? IRN-BRU. [Smile]

Btw, I had a great time over there and I can't wait till I get to see you next time.

I can beat that.
I found IRN BRU in a village shop in Patagonia, southern Argentina. Apparently, there were quite a few Scots settled there a century or so ago, and it's still a popular import.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 4 posted September 07, 2003 23:58            Edit/Delete Post 
littlefish: Well I posted a new photo on my profile if you want to take that...
I'd take something that I can coerce into 200x150 first, preferably...

I could just nab the modelling picture, but the JPEG compression is too high in all those images on snupyís gallery, leading to lots of unwanted artefacts. I'd like to start with the original, large JPEGs first, and re-reduce them and resave them (assuming thatís what happened to them).

With suitably large pics, it is sometimes even possible to crop it down to one person, although I have my doubts with snupyís and Jessís Ė just that I donít recall much in the way of photos of single people. Though... thereís certainly one of cheezi (in the kitchen), and another of spungo, alone in the photo, now that I recall.

IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture