homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » I am leaving

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am leaving
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 2 posted December 19, 2002 18:51      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but I will be back monday the 30th so don't get all worked up over nothing. I am riding the bus on a looooonnng 7+ hour trek over the Cascades and into Spokane. Hopefully I will have breakfast waiting for Me in the morning, mom always was good at warming up a weary traveller. Now for the fun part, guess what kind of annoying passenger I'll get stuck sitting next to. Will it be the girl who won't shut up, or the guy who smells like the ashtray that time forgot. I have to take a total of 4 busses round trip so you have 4 chances to win. The grand prize for the one who guesses correctly is a short poem praising your superiority [Roll Eyes] ..........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 19, 2002 19:02      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it'll be a bible-thumping preacher who smells like an ashtray, won't shut up, and
tries to get you to accept Christ as your personal saviour. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
NefariousAnthony
Geek
Member # 1720

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 19, 2002 19:03      Profile for NefariousAnthony   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
50 bucks says that you get the fat guy, the black woman with a cell phone, the man who doesn't use enough deoderant, and the guy too cheap to fly.
Posts: 201 | From: The Deep South, y'all | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 19, 2002 20:20      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone who gets sick to their stomach and won't stop squirming.
Or a kid who won't stop crying.

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 19, 2002 20:35      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The alcoholic wearing a polyester suit from the seventies that has to tell you his life story, especially the part about his divorce and how all the space junk in orbit is affecting the weather.
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lumina Manson
Assimilated
Member # 1868

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 19, 2002 20:51      Profile for Lumina Manson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You'll get the two teenage kids that are still in the honeymoon stage of the relationship and won't stop making out OR the hypocondriac woman with a pharmacy in her luggage for a purse OR a transvestite named Big Lucious Cheeks that refuses to shave OR the psychotic paranoid with a large knife concealed in his trench coat.

Or you can get stuck between the woman selling AVON, the man selling AMWAY, or the other man selling term life insurance.

[Smile] Hey, it could happen!

---Shivering, C.P.

--------------------
ThE CrEeP sHoW It's called therapy: go get some!

Posts: 487 | From: The rainbow room, USA (Baldwin Park) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Declan
Geek
Member # 1123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 19, 2002 20:57      Profile for Declan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Now for the fun part, guess what kind of annoying passenger I'll get stuck sitting next to
A supermodel travelling incognito ,lol

There is no law that says they have to be annoying

Declan

--------------------
Insert witty catchism here.

Posts: 119 | From: Barrie,ontario,canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Uber Geek
Member # 835

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted December 19, 2002 21:14      Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The rich, gay supermodel who finds you to be very fetching indeed and keeps offering to pay you one million dollars per year to be his sex slave (health care and such supplied, other terms negotiable).

--------------------
Your conviction that there is a monster under the bed would be a mere eccentricity if you weren't so heavily armed and it was your own bed.

Posts: 977 | From: University of Florida | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
SupportGoddess

Member # 822

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2002 21:28      Profile for SupportGoddess   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had the alaskan poet on acid once, and I couldn't make up anything to compete with that.

--------------------
"A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes."
-Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Posts: 1148 | From: The Digital Temple | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beoduck
Geek Larva
Member # 1841

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 19, 2002 22:38      Profile for Beoduck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am guessing no one.

Who the heck want to go to Spokane for Christmas? It's more like Potterville (or Twin Peaks) than Bedford Falls. My God, at least you did well to leave that place. You have my pity.

Sit next to the bus driver to keep him awake (or out the of headlights of oncoming cars). Spokane? Eck.

--------------------
Get your stinking paws off me you dirty hairless ape!

Posts: 26 | From: la forÍt de silicium | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
joliet_jane
Alpha Geek
Member # 818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2002 07:06      Profile for joliet_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Beoduck" is most likely right, but I'll take a stab.: Mid-fifites man, beard, knows-it-all (and makes you aware of this), either retired or soon to be. Gun owner, likes to hunt.

--------------------
Please Visit http://www.wideweb.com/phonetrips/
And for Phun on the Phone:
http://www.Telephone-Entertainment.com/

Posts: 330 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fixerbob
Alpha Geek
Member # 1587

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted December 20, 2002 15:50      Profile for Fixerbob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Likely you will be stuck next to someone who would be talking on their mobile phone most of the journey... ' Hi honey I am on the Bus now...' [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 301 | From: London, England | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Taho_dude
Geek-in-Training
Member # 1783

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted December 20, 2002 17:49      Profile for Taho_dude   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stick one arm behind your head, close your eyes, stick your thong out, and drool, every time someone gets on, I guarantee that you'll have the seat to yourself. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Always remember to Pillage BEFORE you Burn"

Posts: 39 | From: a meatstick vender's cart | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 20, 2002 18:23      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fixerbob:
Likely you will be stuck next to someone who would be talking on their mobile phone most of the journey... ' Hi honey I am on the Bus now...' [Roll Eyes]

can you hear me... now? [Razz]

i think zorro will be stuck next to any of the above

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2002 06:33      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumina Manson:
[QB]Or you can get stuck between the woman selling AVON, the man selling AMWAY, or the other man selling term life insurance.
QB]

Or they could both be evangelists out to save a few souls.
I had a cab driver try to save my soul once. I think I prefer the cabbies who spend the time yapping on their cell phones. Even though I don't speak Punjabi I can still tell when someone else goes on the line b/c the driver's whole demeanor changes (babytalk for the little kid, serious sounding stuff for the wife, reprimands for the older kid, etc.)

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2002 10:43      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you'll get stuck next to the conspiracy theorist OR the guy who wants to show you all 50 of his pictures of his family.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2002 10:50      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe its some hot foreign chick that cant speak english and wants you to help her get a green card.

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
QuantumEffervescence
Geek Apprentice
Member # 1797

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2002 11:04      Profile for QuantumEffervescence     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My guess is that it is the bald, fat guy with the book who sneezes constantly or coughs frequently. [Wink]

--------------------
"It does not do harm to the mystery to know a little about it. Far more marvelous is the truth than any artists of the past imagined!"
- Richard Feynman

Posts: 48 | From: Earth...most of the time | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2002 13:46      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
I think you'll get stuck next to the conspiracy theorist

Hey! I'm not going to be travelling on any buses in Washington! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted December 22, 2002 05:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just pray it isn't me. [Eek!]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2002 18:54      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
all good guesses. There were a lot of close ones, but alas I can only pick one winner. On the trip from Tacoma to Seattle I sat next to nobody. From Seattle to Spokane, I believe I was sitting next to an orca. She was extremely large and smelled kinda salty. Of course, I wasn't the only one to sit next to her, I believe she was sitting next to everyone on the bus [Eek!] . On the way from Spokane back to Seattle, I sat next to the guy who always falls asleep and happenes to lean into you on some corners and away on the others. From Seattle to Tacoma, I sat next to an empty seat. So after tallying up the points, I see that Beoduck is the winner. I will have to think up a poem later though as I need a long rest..........Z
joliet_jane
Alpha Geek
Member # 818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2002 01:38      Profile for joliet_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
From Seattle to Spokane, I believe I was sitting next to an orca. She was extremely large and smelled kinda salty. Of course, I wasn't the only one to sit next to her, I believe she was sitting next to everyone on the bus [Eek!] . On the way from Spokane back to Seattle, I sat next to the guy who always falls asleep and happenes to lean into you on some corners and away on the others. From Seattle to Tacoma, I sat next to an empty seat. So after tallying up the points, I see that Beoduck is the winner. I will have to think up a poem later though as I need a long rest..........Z

Fat Lady and Sleepy guy! How could they have been forgotten!

--------------------
Please Visit http://www.wideweb.com/phonetrips/
And for Phun on the Phone:
http://www.Telephone-Entertainment.com/

Posts: 330 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2002 05:22      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Fixerbob:

And then launches and continues thru the rest of the trip: "Can you hear me now?"
Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2002 17:16      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by joliet_jane:
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
From Seattle to Spokane, I believe I was sitting next to an orca. She was extremely large and smelled kinda salty. Of course, I wasn't the only one to sit next to her, I believe she was sitting next to everyone on the bus [Eek!] . On the way from Spokane back to Seattle, I sat next to the guy who always falls asleep and happenes to lean into you on some corners and away on the others. From Seattle to Tacoma, I sat next to an empty seat. So after tallying up the points, I see that Beoduck is the winner. I will have to think up a poem later though as I need a long rest..........Z

Fat Lady and Sleepy guy! How could they have been forgotten!
I'm not sure, I guess I'm one of the few who have ever traveled away from the keyboard [Wink] , or at least traveled in a manner that includes human contact. On a side note, I saw two mini-geekettes at the seattle station [Razz] . (that is unless the geek look is now a trend and they are just "in style") And on the way home I saw a kid with a portable dvd player watching anime with subtitles, and one who had a computerized chess board. All that said, I know I am not the only geek who had to ride the bus for Christmas [Happytears] .................Z
TORDONOFFON
Geek
Member # 1532

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 08, 2003 18:39      Profile for TORDONOFFON     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Taho_dude:
Stick one arm behind your head, close your eyes, stick your thong out, and drool, every time someone gets on, I guarantee that you'll have the seat to yourself. [Big Grin]

I would think that wearing a thong would be enough.

--------------------
He had SUCH potential !

Posts: 103 | From: Annapolis Wa. USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture