homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » I've been Quoted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've been Quoted
Coffee_geek
Assimilated
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 09, 2002 19:48      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. One of my quotes has made it big.
"It's beautiful. Like a billion preschoolers on a billion pots and pans recreating the works of the great composers."
It has been placed posthumously on the 02-03 band shirts at my old and dear school, Lathrop. Ok, not posthumously, but post-moving. I'm very proud of my little quote. *sniff* It's all grown up and appearing on articles of clothing.
What's really fascinating is, I have never been in and will probably never be in a band. I have yet to trace my Quote's meandering path from my mouth to a shirt, but they actually have it attributed to me, so it must be a relatively direct route. Hmm...

Famously,
Coffee_geek

--------------------
We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2002 01:16      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... could I get your autograph? [Wink]

One thing intrigues me... what possible noise could elicit such a response from you, Coffee?

The only place I've ever been quoted is MSN. People turn the words I say into screen names. For example: "David Bowie is like a car crash... horrific, bizarre, yet oddly compelling." and "Don't you ever just want to commit suicide, but not die?"

That's my claim to fame [Big Grin]

sky

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2002 05:41      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been quoted loads of times... but I suppose judges don't count.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Chump
Geek
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2002 05:56      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was quoted in a manner in high school once. I frequently drew pictures in class and was doing a rather uhhhhh "colorful" characature of a certain teacher and I looked at it after I was finished and said "Hey, she looks like a parakeet." and proceeded to say so to a friend of mine. Two days later someone had stuck about 50 printouts of Tweety to her door with her name underneath. So a somewhat dubious honor and a scary look at how one person can effect things.

--------------------
Vedi Vidi Velcro "I came, I saw, I stuck around"
quality in posting since dec 2000

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2002 14:11      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ex used to quote me back at myself. Completely out of context too. And then get mad when i couldn't remember what the hell he was talking about because I remember things on a scenario by scenario basis.

Other than that, people usually only quote the inane things others say to me.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2002 16:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Go Coffee...and Coffee_geek! (that was an afterthought, since cheering on coffee could stand alone by itself in a different context). Congratulations on getting t-shirted. I made a t-shirt for my high school band, but the printers couldn't reproduce it (too many colors, too much cost), so we wound up with a generic "Classical Agression" logo...poo!

Anyway, am I going to eventually come to a point here? Contragtulations, it's an honor to be quoted...wow, and you also made the Tidbits this week too...tres cool! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture