homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » I've been Quoted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I've been Quoted
Member # 1608

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 09, 2002 19:48      Profile for Coffee_geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep. One of my quotes has made it big.
"It's beautiful. Like a billion preschoolers on a billion pots and pans recreating the works of the great composers."
It has been placed posthumously on the 02-03 band shirts at my old and dear school, Lathrop. Ok, not posthumously, but post-moving. I'm very proud of my little quote. *sniff* It's all grown up and appearing on articles of clothing.
What's really fascinating is, I have never been in and will probably never be in a band. I have yet to trace my Quote's meandering path from my mouth to a shirt, but they actually have it attributed to me, so it must be a relatively direct route. Hmm...

We got, ten minutes to get there
We got, ten minutes to go
Throw this one in for the money
Cause the next one's for the next show

Posts: 464 | From: Varies | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2002 01:16      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... could I get your autograph? [Wink]

One thing intrigues me... what possible noise could elicit such a response from you, Coffee?

The only place I've ever been quoted is MSN. People turn the words I say into screen names. For example: "David Bowie is like a car crash... horrific, bizarre, yet oddly compelling." and "Don't you ever just want to commit suicide, but not die?"

That's my claim to fame [Big Grin]

"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2002 05:41      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been quoted loads of times... but I suppose judges don't count.

Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6530 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Chump
Member # 593

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2002 05:56      Profile for The Chump   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was quoted in a manner in high school once. I frequently drew pictures in class and was doing a rather uhhhhh "colorful" characature of a certain teacher and I looked at it after I was finished and said "Hey, she looks like a parakeet." and proceeded to say so to a friend of mine. Two days later someone had stuck about 50 printouts of Tweety to her door with her name underneath. So a somewhat dubious honor and a scary look at how one person can effect things.

Vedi Vidi Velcro "I came, I saw, I stuck around"
quality in posting since dec 2000

Posts: 184 | From: In my chair, in front of my laptop, at my desk, in my kitchen, in my aprtment, o | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2002 14:11      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My ex used to quote me back at myself. Completely out of context too. And then get mad when i couldn't remember what the hell he was talking about because I remember things on a scenario by scenario basis.

Other than that, people usually only quote the inane things others say to me.

And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2002 16:58      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Go Coffee...and Coffee_geek! (that was an afterthought, since cheering on coffee could stand alone by itself in a different context). Congratulations on getting t-shirted. I made a t-shirt for my high school band, but the printers couldn't reproduce it (too many colors, too much cost), so we wound up with a generic "Classical Agression" logo...poo!

Anyway, am I going to eventually come to a point here? Contragtulations, it's an honor to be quoted...wow, and you also made the Tidbits this week too...tres cool! [Big Grin]

"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
  New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture