homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Goodbye For Now... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Goodbye For Now...
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 17:26      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to be leaving the forums for awhile. I spend waayy too much time here when I should be working or exercising. Anyway, thanks to all of you who have made me laugh and who've been there when I needed advice. I'm counting on some of you to insert the subtle or not-so-subtle innuendos whenever humanly possible. Do me proud, as I may check up on you from time to time!

Good luck to everyone in all their geeky and non-geeky endeavors, but most of all, good luck in love.

snupy

------------------
"I didn't know all of them."

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 18:41      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Snupy, you shall be missed . I too, have a clue what it is like to have been spending too much time here - this is why I have probably been posting less lately. And I'm trying in the waters of love, but it seems like only my toes are wet now [Er, I don't think that came out quite like I meant it, oh well.]
Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 18:46      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
I'm going to be leaving the forums for awhile. I spend waayy too much time here when I should be working or exercising. Anyway, thanks to all of you who have made me laugh and who've been there when I needed advice. I'm counting on some of you to insert the subtle or not-so-subtle innuendos whenever humanly possible. Do me proud, as I may check up on you from time to time!

Good luck to everyone in all their geeky and non-geeky endeavors, but most of all, good luck in love.

snupy

You'll be back! Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but you'll be back!

You're hooked!

And we'll still be here, so have a good time away.

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 18:54      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Snupy, you shall be missed . I too, have a clue what it is like to have been spending too much time here - this is why I have probably been posting less lately. And I'm trying in the waters of love, but it seems like only my toes are wet now [Er, I don't think that came out quite like I meant it, oh well.]

Oh, what a setup, Dragonman. You're so cruel. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.(sorry, couldn't resist)

TheAnnoyedCockroach
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1115

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 19:09      Profile for TheAnnoyedCockroach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't leave now! Not when Zorro's gone as well! I can't make innuendos all by myself! I suck at it!

I can see that you cannot be stopped, however. Life has a habit of getting in the way sometimes.

The prophecy is being fulfilled.

------------------
Wait! It's a trick. Get an axe.

Posts: 1063 | From: The Devil's Dance Floor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 19:51      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bye snupy hope you come back to us

------------------
Real funny scotty now beam down my clothes

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
xobender
Alpha Geek
Member # 721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2002 20:36      Profile for xobender     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
never seen ya really yet. i post when i have a six pack around and get bored with reading and school work but i hope i see ya raound ya sometime and shitnitz..
Posts: 314 | From: OMG..There Breaking in..HELP!!!! | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bregalad
Assimilated
Member # 1054

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted July 26, 2002 00:00      Profile for Bregalad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*sniff* snupy's gone, say it isn't so

I sort of left for a while, but didn't actually leave. I simply took the personal time I needed. I hope your leave of absence from this manic bunch gives you the perspective to return some day soon. In the meantime you will be missed; keep in touch.

Posts: 484 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted July 26, 2002 00:47      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Snupy, no do not go, I am just about to start posting regularily again and off you go.

Are you taking spungo with you as well? Hope not, not too many of the old crowd left, I need someone around to introduce me to the new blood that has arrived in my absence.

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
nekomatic
SuperFan!
Member # 376

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 26, 2002 00:55      Profile for nekomatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New blood - Swiss Mercenary.

Swiss Mercenary - New blood.

Ta-da-boom! (bows)

There. Now you are not allowed to eat each other

Posts: 822 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted July 26, 2002 02:26      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awe, snupy... *sniff* Ah, well, I know she'll be back... They always come back. *MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA* I think even Twinkle Toes will miss you (even if she doesn't admit it)

Hey, look Swiss miss is back. That wasn't too long of an absence, so ho did every thing work out?

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted July 26, 2002 02:43      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
Awe, snupy... *sniff* Ah, well, I know she'll be back... They always come back. *MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA* I think even Twinkle Toes will miss you (even if she doesn't admit it)

Hey, look Swiss miss is back. That wasn't too long of an absence, so ho did every thing work out?

Don't you call Swiss a ho!

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 03:02      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*weep* goodbye

------------------
my geek code
Hazards: "There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty, miss that, though, and you're pretty much doomed."

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted July 26, 2002 03:42      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:
Snupy, no do not go, I am just about to start posting regularily again and off you go.

Are you taking spungo with you as well? Hope not, not too many of the old crowd left, I need someone around to introduce me to the new blood that has arrived in my absence.

Oh, sure, Swiss-now you come back. I just may have to make it a short break, in that case.

And, no, I'm not taking spungo with me. He'll have to be interesting/witty enough for both of us.

Janeway
Assimilated
Member # 78

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 06:23      Profile for Janeway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We'll miss you, snupy.
Posts: 468 | From: Cyberspace, Delta Quadrant | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 07:30      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
man, this is depressing, but i am sure you need the break, At least swiss, came back. but no one could take your place, or could they. I can try......can't I..............
Nayt

------------------
Nayt: making interesting posts boring since Jan 02

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 10:58      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
toodle-oo, snupy! I wish I could've gotten to know you better before you left, but never mind. Come back soon!

sky

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 13:41      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GameMaster:
I think even Twinkle Toes will miss you (even if she doesn't admit it)

yes, she will, she said she didn't want Snupy to leave, she just had the wrong impression of Snupy in the begining and it disapointed her to find out she was wrong in her judgment of Snupy, she more than likely would post her own goodbyes but her mom is home all week, and won't let her sign online, and then she has to go to a computer camp, then she has to go visit her dad(no computer)...she'll likely be gone for 3-4 weeks .....oh well, ciao Snup, hope to see you back soon

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 14:56      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Swiss comes back and snupy leaves...I smell a rat.

Welcome back Swiss. You're fun.
I'll miss you snupy. You're a lot of fun too.

*sniff* Well, I guess pleasure must balance with pain.

------------------
Take by surprise and the world gives up resistance.
- Tennesee Williams

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 16:30            Edit/Delete Post 
Cya snupy *waves*

Have fun, and good luck

- uilleann

IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 26, 2002 20:38      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sniff. Don't say good bye, say au revoir. Anyway, it's probably good to take a break. I do hope you look in every so often to snipe a good comment.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 27, 2002 06:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
man, this is depressing, but i am sure you need the break, At least swiss, came back. but no one could take your place, or could they. I can try......can't I..............
Nayt

No Nayt, you can't try - please don't try. I don't think it would be possible for you to take snupy's place, given some of your views. This would be beyond disturbing

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted August 01, 2002 15:27      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooooooohhhhh ok, I see how it is. wait 'till the Fox is on vacation to slip away. have fun on your break, I sure did >;o) . .........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted August 01, 2002 18:21      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
ooooooohhhhh ok, I see how it is. wait 'till the Fox is on vacation to slip away. have fun on your break, I sure did >;o) . .........Z

shhh...don't make it obvious that we were gone at the same time.

SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2002 20:27      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and here you were getting on your high horse and lecturing spungo *tsk tsk*

------------------
Be careful when your driving, 90% of people are caused by accidents

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture