homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

New Poll  
my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » The Archives   » The Big Archives   » Microsoft Cars (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Microsoft Cars
Sir Aureus
Mini Geek
Member # 1152

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted March 04, 2002 13:39      Profile for Sir Aureus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://digitalmass.boston.com/news/2002/03/04/microsoft_cars.html

oh dear. GM's prediction is starting to come true. Cars that frequently and randomly crash for no apparent reason.

=/

Oh, and apparently, "Consumers will not look at navigation as a system to use when [Gonzalo Bustillos et al] get lost, but the system that helps [Gonzalo Bustillos] get there in time and helps [Gonzalo Bustillos] avoid traffic," How wonderfully useful

------------------
I'm egotistical and I'm
proud of it!

Posts: 57 | From: MIT | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted March 04, 2002 15:42      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
great, now I have another type of idiot to watch out for on the road...........Z
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Super Flippy

SuperFan!
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 04, 2002 17:34      Profile for Super Flippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So if a Microsoft-controlled Beamer causes an accident while trying to get its passengers to work on time, does MS have to pay the ticket?
Posts: 337 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2002 19:02      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
remind me to never get in one of those cars.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 12 posted March 05, 2002 14:19      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nayt, don't get in one of those .............Z
TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted March 05, 2002 16:25      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
Nayt

that's right. they could crash!!

------------------
.--. .-. --- - ---

Posts: 250 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2002 18:56      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worse, they may suddenly burst into flames like the X-box.
Nayt

------------------
Through out your life you will wonder who THEY are. Then you find out who THEY really are. From then on you live you life in fear of THEM and you wish you never knew who THEY were.

Posts: 1870 | From: In a world beyond your understanding | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2002 04:03      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I suppose if it breaks down they'll just
tell you to close one or two windows.

------------------
/* When the going gets tough, the meek capitulate. */

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2002 05:22      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, they will hav eyou get out of the car, then get back in and continue driving.
Nayt

------------------

TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 06, 2002 07:17      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
And I suppose if it breaks down they'll just tell you to close one or two windows.

no, they'll blame it on the alarm system and send out security patches

and if it crashes, the blue screen of death takes on a whole new meaning, specially if the last thing you see is the sky...

iballoondesign
Highlie
Member # 1037

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted March 06, 2002 11:07      Profile for iballoondesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Microsoft Windows

Posts: 569 | From: Irving, TX | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2002 16:40      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is that little thing throwing up on windows?
Nayt

------------------

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 07, 2002 08:18      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brings a whole new meaning to the words 'Car Crash'
Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2002 14:35      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
is that little thing throwing up on windows?
Nayt

yeh, if you click on properties, you'll see the name of the smiley is puke.gif. i've also seen it named barf.gif

------------------
.--. .-. --- - ---

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 7 posted March 07, 2002 17:19      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do they have one that urinates or takes a dump?........Z
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 07, 2002 17:31      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by macadddikt18:
Nayt

Forget about getting in one!

Remind me to never get in FRONT of one of those cars!

Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pish-Tush
Geek Larva
Member # 1036

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 08, 2002 08:40      Profile for Pish-Tush     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Forget about getting in one!

Remind me to never get in FRONT of one of those cars!

Surely you mean BEHIND (MS stuff usually stops when told to start).

------------------
And I am right
And you are right
And all is right--too-looral-lay

Posts: 22 | From: A vat of boiling oil | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2002 12:49      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
or just get near one in general. who knows what the thing will do. It may start driving in circles for all we know.
Nayt

------------------

ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 09, 2002 00:54      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Imagine the PAIN when you're going down the road and it FREEZES UP !!!

Yes, you're going though the windshield like Wile E. Coyote ......

------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
LifetimeTrekker
Highlie
Member # 913

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 09, 2002 06:25      Profile for LifetimeTrekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! If MS were to put an OS in an automobile, it would prolly be a Win9x deriviative, which would give a whole new meaning to the OS crashing!
Posts: 669 | From: Albuquerque, NM, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged
macadddikt18
Member # 1082

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2002 07:14      Profile for macadddikt18   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is safe to say our lives are now in danger.
Nayt

------------------

ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 6 posted March 10, 2002 18:18      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
will our cars get viruses too, or will I also have to worry about gettin car-hacked .........Z
MBoprey
Geek
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted March 18, 2002 19:30      Profile for MBoprey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if these cars will be XP-ready. :-P

------------------
Msb

Posts: 114 | From: In the crevices of my iBook | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TechnoGram
Alpha Geek
Member # 1097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2002 20:08      Profile for TechnoGram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ZorroTheFox:
will our cars get viruses too, or will I also have to worry about gettin car-hacked .........Z

people are already getting car-hacked, er, jacked

------------------

Free Speech Is The Right To Shout 'Theater' In A Crowded Fire.

Erbo
Member # 199

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 18, 2002 22:28      Profile for Erbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And of course, they'll "strongly suggest" that you put Microsoft Gas(TM) in your Microsoft Car. Otherwise, an obscure clause in the Microsoft Driver License Agreement will hold Microsoft blameless if your Microsoft Car's engine suddenly leaps out from under the hood in a rather ugly mess...

Oh, and did we mention the automatic Microsoft ExpressToll transponder? We swear it's not intended to track your driving habits. Really. Well, maybe just a little. Okay, a lot. But we'll never sell that information. Swear to Bill. But we can give it to the FBI, if they ask. And our "marketing partners." But you can opt out from that part. Just fill in the 20-page form at the back of your owner's manual. Then we won't sell your personal information to anyone. Except when we decide to later.

Posts: 1480 | From: Denver, CO, US | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

New Poll   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture